Dudley Protest - Violence

steelman

I personally think the Daily Mail does not have a leftist agenda. Their opinion pieces from the likes of Richard Littlejohn, Peter Hitchens, Jan Moir, etc., are heavily right-leaning. If they leant any further to the right, they'd go all the way around to the left! One only has to peruse their comments section to understand the mindset of their readership. Although I guess most comments sections on newspaper sites will attract those who know they can say whatever they like under the cover of anonymity. Even the supposed darling publication of the left-wing intelligentsia, The Guardian, has some particularly vitriolic reader comments underneath their articles on occasions.

Everyone's prejudiced once you scratch the surface, left or right. To hold up the left as some kind of beacon for tolerance and equality is laughable. They have their own agenda which some might argue is as damaging to society as the ideals of the right.

You articulate a moral dilema (for my limited prowness as a Greenford High School alumi) - are there any british newspapers the average sikh should read given the daily mail's imperialist slant ?

i am intrigued on this british bank holiday, can a community be right wing -for example, can a person whose faith is sikh vote conservative ?

This reminds of norman tebbits cricket test !

As for your mind boggles -I would suggest simran.

I personally think the Daily Mail does not have a leftist agenda. Their opinion pieces from the likes of Richard Littlejohn, Peter Hitchens, Jan Moir, etc., are heavily right-leaning. If they leant any further to the right, they'd go all the way around to the left! One only has to peruse their comments section to understand the mindset of their readership. Although I guess most comments sections on newspaper sites will attract those who know they can say whatever they like under the cover of anonymity. Even the supposed darling publication of the left-wing intelligentsia, The Guardian, has some particularly vitriolic reader comments underneath their articles on occasions.

Everyone's prejudiced once you scratch the surface, left or right. To hold up the left as some kind of beacon for tolerance and equality is laughable. They have their own agenda which some might argue is as damaging to society as the ideals of the right.

well articulated. agreed.

are there any british newspapers the average sikh should read given the daily mail's imperialist slant ?

Simply don't trust any of them.

I do however generally find The Independent acceptable (mostly).

Now that we've covered the inherent flaws of the national papers here in the UK, maybe we can get back to the matter at hand? lol

Good to hear the committee has capitulated.

north is slough -right !

Yes. If you live in Basingstoke.

By the way......a question mark looks like this : ? Try not to confuse it with an exclamation mark.

When the Dudley gurdwara supporters club were looking for a volunteer to come on here and argue the cause....were you really the best they could find ?

Well done to Satkaar Sewadars for highlighting this issue to the wider community. Your tireless efforts in trying to dissolve this issue long before it went to protests is hugely appreciated by all Sikhs.

In a time where most people show no respect to their own friends, Satkaar showed total respect to this besharam committee with continuous dialogue and constructive debate.

For a Sikh, Pehla waar should be kalamaan da, Satkaar sewadars sent letter after letter, with utmost respect for the committee, they then went direct to Singh Sahib, Akal Thakt for confirmation. Satkaar went out of their way to have numerous sit-downs with the committee in polite and diplomatic dialogue.

Satkaar Sewadar could NOT have done any more if they tried.

The protest was made up of SANGAT, who felt outraged by the committees continuous disrespect. The Sangat was not called or associated to Satkaar Campaign. The Sangat are individuals with their own minds, not brain-less thugs lead by "ring leaders". Give the Khalsa more credit than that.

The police allowed an otherwise peaceful protest to be provoked by the committee.

They allowed the provocative remarks to disrupt prayers.

They had NO knowledge how sacrilegious activities affects the sentiments of the Sikh community.

Their general attitude and sympathy towards the committee and heavy handedness towards protesters further inflamed the situation.

They could have got community leaders together to have an emergency meeting with the committee to calm the situation BEFORE hand.

to sum up:

Countless letters sent to the committee by Satkaar

Numerous meetings held

Confirmation from Akal Thakt Jathedar on this situation

On the day of protests: Prayers and Ardas interrupted by Provocative remarks from the committee.

Bhangra music turned up on purpose as a deliberate attempt to silence the simran.

Disorder & damage? lol few broken windows and a few pots of spilt dhaal. they have more damage after their booze-ups

The Building belongs to the Panth. The ownership on paper is in the Name of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaaj.

whilst the Khalsa sits in prayers and massand provoke and laugh what do you expect to happen?

you can call them extremists, thugs, gundeh, gangsters.. I Call them Sikhs.

If nothing had happened to stop this beadbi in the presence of the Khalsa, in sharan of simran - then what good is the Khalsa?

Every congressi would open a Gurdwara party club

Even the police realised very quickly to put down the batons because Sikhs meant business.

Goreh can blah blah about liberal freedoms that can not be sacrificed in this country- remember the 200'000 Sikhs who died to defend your freedom? remember when you split our raaj, made our people crawl like dogs on the streets of amritsar? remember when you killed our mothers and fathers in jallanwalabagh? Apneh need to stop kissing gorah a**

Congratulations to all of you who attended this so called peacefull protest in dudley ysterday. Hope you are all hanging your head in SHAME.

You manage to scare and frighted women and kids. Your not welcome back in dudley , and your no different to the EDL or the BNP.

majority of Sikh's are good people, with modorate & liberal views. I've seen most of you at wedding in my time, and if you are that way inclined you should not have double standards.

If this is what Sikhi is all about, then your the best advert to leave the religion.

Congratulations on being a bunch of thugs.

Balle o punjabi'o.

Balle balle o' punjabi'o

Well done to Satkaar Sewadars for highlighting this issue to the wider community. Your tireless efforts in trying to dissolve this issue long before it went to protests is hugely appreciated by all Sikhs.

In a time where most people show no respect to their own friends, Satkaar showed total respect to this besharam committee with continuous dialogue and constructive debate.

For a Sikh, Pehla waar should be kalamaan da, Satkaar sewadars sent letter after letter, with utmost respect for the committee, they then went direct to Singh Sahib, Akal Thakt for confirmation. Satkaar went out of their way to have numerous sit-downs with the committee in polite and diplomatic dialogue.

Satkaar Sewadar could NOT have done any more if they tried.

The protest was made up of SANGAT, who felt outraged by the committees continuous disrespect. The Sangat was not called or associated to Satkaar Campaign. The Sangat are individuals with their own minds, not brain-less thugs lead by "ring leaders". Give the Khalsa more credit than that.

The police allowed an otherwise peaceful protest to be provoked by the committee.

They allowed the provocative remarks to disrupt prayers.

They had NO knowledge how sacrilegious activities affects the sentiments of the Sikh community.

Their general attitude and sympathy towards the committee and heavy handedness towards protesters further inflamed the situation.

They could have got community leaders together to have an emergency meeting with the committee to calm the situation BEFORE hand.

to sum up:

Countless letters sent to the committee by Satkaar

Numerous meetings held

Confirmation from Akal Thakt Jathedar on this situation

On the day of protests: Prayers and Ardas interrupted by Provocative remarks from the committee.

Bhangra music turned up on purpose as a deliberate attempt to silence the simran.

Disorder & damage? lol few broken windows and a few pots of spilt dhaal. they have more damage after their booze-ups

The Building belongs to the Panth. The ownership on paper is in the Name of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaaj.

whilst the Khalsa sits in prayers and massand provoke and laugh what do you expect to happen?

you can call them extremists, thugs, gundeh, gangsters.. I Call them Sikhs.

If nothing had happened to stop this beadbi in the presence of the Khalsa, in sharan of simran - then what good is the Khalsa?

Every congressi would open a Gurdwara party club

Even the police realised very quickly to put down the batons because Sikhs meant business.

Goreh can blah blah about liberal freedoms that can not be sacrificed in this country- remember the 200'000 Sikhs who died to defend your freedom? remember when you split our raaj, made our people crawl like dogs on the streets of amritsar? remember when you killed our mothers and fathers in jallanwalabagh? Apneh need to stop kissing gorah a**

So what your saying is all sikhs should behave like thugs, gangsters, gundas.... just look at the eveidence, so you happy for langar to be spilt on the floor. ?

And for the record i did see what was happening! the press report is accurate, if anything a bit conservative

balle o' punjabi'o

Your not welcome back in dudley

Don't worry no one goes to Dudley unless they have to. Its not exactly nice is it ?

Seems to have a lot of inbreds that have never seen the world outside of Dudley too....judging by the things that Dudley folk say. I mean you've the world on one side and Dudley on the other. Which one is right ???

On the one hand you've got every gurdwara in every town in every country that knows its wrong to serve alcohol in a gurdwara hall.......And on the other side you've got Dudley.

On the one hand you've got every single sikh old lady, old man, young girl, young boy and everything in between in the entire world asking Dudley to stop disrespecting the Guru........And on the other side you've got Dudley who thinks every last of those sikhs in the world outside of Dudley is a 'militant' and 'extremist'.

Ooooh....which ones right and which ones wrong ? Its a tough choice. Is every sikh in the entire world wrong and only the Dudley sikhs are right ? Ooooooh....its a tough call. I don't know who to choose. :stupidme:

So what your saying is all sikhs should behave like thugs, gangsters, gundas....

Please take a deep breath and read again what I wrote, dont' panic yaar!

But as your on the topic, my opinion is that force is justified after spending months pleading, sending letters, seeking guidance from Singh Sahib Akal Thakt, consulting elders, doing ardas, reading Maharaaj's Hukamnama, doing chaupai sahib - then yes

(i personally would have skipped a few stages)

so you happy for langar to be spilt on the floor. ?

Meat Curry? served with a pint? thats Langur? :ohmy2:

balle o' punjabi'o

issnt that what they were singing before they crapped themselves? :blush2: