Dudley Protest - Violence

steelman

the treaty of versaille was a one sided agreement designed to weaken Germany after WW1 they had little land to call their own and allowed to keep a limited army - hitler soon wrecked carnage on France with a strategy that was one of the best ever seen in history and indeed admired by all today...i recommend all to definitely watch the

documentary Apocalypse WW2 its available on youtube.

WHAT HAPPENED ON 28TH WAS MERELY THE SIGNING OF THE TREATY OF VERSAILLE - DONT LET VICTORY GET TO YOUR HEAD WE FACE MUCH GREATER DANGERS

The ironic thing is that the protest was held because a Gurdwara associated property was not being respected due to meat and alcohol.

Yet the very same building was vandalised by the protesters.

Where was the respect then? :unsure2:

Yes. If you live in Basingstoke.

By the way......a question mark looks like this : ? Try not to confuse it with an exclamation mark.

When the Dudley gurdwara supporters club were looking for a volunteer to come on here and argue the cause....were you really the best they could find ?

I'm not a dudley supporter.

Thank you for the English and Cultural Studies lecture -noted and respected.

I am a Greenford High School Alumini and English is like a 'D' grade at GCSE. I am not blessed like you West London Singh (probably middle class, privately educated, lives in Holland Park).

Dont rip me bro, i am doing the best with the intelligence the guru has given me.

The ironic thing is that the protest was held because a Gurdwara associated property was not being respected due to meat and alcohol.

Respecting the property? We are not hindus that worship stone, it was about respect for Guru Sahib. In 1986 Sikhs even demolished the Sarkari Takht made in place of the Akaal Takth, there is nothing sacred about a building, least of all one made for booze ups.

Respecting the property? We are not hindus that worship stone, it was about respect for Guru Sahib. In 1986 Sikhs even demolished the Sarkari Takht made in place of the Akaal Takth, there is nothing sacred about a building, least of all one made for booze ups.

But your not above the law of the land... if you dont agree, fair enough. but in the uk property has a value, so do people

2 people and a PC were injured.... how can you allow for this to happen, and still be proud.

anyone who has seen the signed documents know that there not worth the paper they are written on... i have seen them,

theres even a plea for the release of those arrested. though this campaign was went to have staying power, or dont you want your boys behind bars.

Well said... respect

Gurdwaray affiliated places shouldn't be profiting from that type of thing. It becomes corrupted then.

Even apnay who drink and eat meat don't feel such things should go on in Gurdwara affiliated places. I don't understand why that committee insisted so much?

No one is forcing people to quit drinking or eating meat. They just don't want it in Gurdwara associated places. That's not an unreasonable request.

So this is an open question....

what the proposal of the sikh sangat, sikh TV, Sikh channel, and the akal takth - to fund the upkeep of the hall?

you've got them to sign that they cant sell it.

they have to find money to fix it, and any other costs associated with saturday

what the proposal, you looking at around £30K per year.

pls be realistic just for one moment

and i dont mean anything to do with meat , booze or parties.

When the Vatican or Church of England issue religious edicts applicable to Churches worldwide, the UK churches follow suit. Our Akal Takht does the same but it appears that some committees like to pick and choose. Regardless of what's been happening at the hall for the past twenty years it has to stop. This is not only Dudley sangats hall it is every Sikhs nationwide and the same is applicable for Gurudwara related property nationwide. There are plenty of suitable locations for parties where meat and alcohol are to be consumed in the black country and beyond. You mention three injured persons but fail to mention the PEACEFUL protestors who were assaulted, abused and spat on by the party 'revellers'. This is all the committees doing coupled with poor Police mediation and equally poor Police performance on the day.

When the Vatican or Church of England issue religious edicts applicable to Churches worldwide, the UK churches follow suit. Our Akal Takht does the same but it appears that some committees like to pick and choose. Regardless of what's been happening at the hall for the past twenty years it has to stop. This is not only Dudley sangats hall it is every Sikhs nationwide and the same is applicable for Gurudwara related property nationwide. There are plenty of suitable locations for parties where meat and alcohol are to be consumed in the black country and beyond. You mention three injured persons but fail to mention the PEACEFUL protestors who were assaulted, abused and spat on by the party 'revellers'. This is all the committees doing coupled with poor Police mediation and equally poor Police performance on the day.

one act of violance is one too many

you know that.

Dudleysingh, I would rather the gurdwara close than to have one that does maha beadbi of our king of kings, Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Wherever there is true Satkaar of Guru Granth Sahib Ji, GuruSahib does kirpa. Wherever there is beadbi, then the people responsible will face hardships, in one form of another, be it opposing sangat, or even to the extent of ones own health suffering. At the end of the day, one is answerable to Dharam Raj.

So please stop the cleverness in the negative posts about the Satkaar campaign. It's getting boring now. You've made your point.