Sikh Channel & Dudley Protest

I watched the Dudley Protest show on Sikh Channel last night at 9.30pm...now while the Gursikhs in the Studio correctly stated what occurred on the day and they did so very well but the only video's shown by Sikh Channel showed a very one sided account of the day...the videso were very aggressive and confrontational...why was the other side not shown (Simran/Jaap)? Yes a few moments were shown where simran was done but the complete focus of the videos was on the few outburst alone!

I've received numerous calls from mone friends/family saying that the protest was wrong as all the youth were acting like thugs and rampaging - this was all based on what was shown on Sikh Channel - had Sikh Channel remained unbiased in the videos they showed then i'm certain that the calls i received would have been different. Only after i told my friends/family about what truly happend...only then they understood!

Now i was there all day and can categorically say that there were just a few outburst but overall it remained a very peaceful protest! This was not shown at all by the Sikh Channel.

This video below on facebook shows how the sangat peacefully did simran for hours upone hours...but did the Sikh Channel show this? NO...why NOT?

http://www.facebook....v=2062710208631

Sikh Channel have a duty to also show the Naam Simran and Gurbani jaap that took place for hours upon hours...and not just focus on the few moments of outburst.

I personally was very dishearted having watched the show as it portrayed us all as thugs...well done Sikh Channel!

What can we expect from western media, when our own media did not portray the day accurately?

Read their facebook status update here jee:

http://www.facebook....149575988442445 - "Very shameful scenes today at the Dudley protest. Those cowards who attack old men and police officers will get what they deserve. Everything was filmed but very sad and to embarrassing to air!!"

The peaceful protest part consisted the majority of the protest, however as you have correctly said this is something which has not been highlighted correctly.

Why didn't Sikh Channel show the Simran, Chaupai Sahib, Ardaas, Meeting with Committee/Trustees, the nagara etc?

Why the dangerous bias from the Sikh Channel? Sangat TV did a good job projecting the protest on their earlier show covering the real element of the protest whilst also discussing the disorder that took place

There's no denying that there was some disorder and the Police will no doubt investigate as is their job, but the protest largely revolved around Singhs, Singhniya and kids sitting down doing chaupai sahib and simran to the beat of a nagara.....

The fact that Sikh Channel specifically showed damaging footage makes me think there's a bias agenda. At least show the balanced side of the protest!

It is perfectly fine and unbiased broadcasting negative aspects as long as they are in context. We have a situation where party goers were openly antagonising and challenging the protestors. A party goers approached Singhs making very insulting and provacative remarks including insulting kes. This all took place in a young asian officers presence. I pleaded with the officer to take the party goer away being as it was him causing the problem, however the officer clearly didn't have an idea what the protest was about and just targeted the Singhs. A party goer spat on a Singh's dastar. Police were heavy handed in some situations but in the absence of the committee members playing ball, they had others options at hand were not exercised. Additionally the hall is the sangats so the Police had no right to prevent access to anyone.