Sikh Channel & Dudley Protest

this is paid for by dudley peeople,

not satkar, sikh channel, the alak takth.

now find the funding to pay for the upkeep of the building.

the acts of saturday are criminal, there is no deffence for this action. not sikhi in any way

Plenty of other Guru Ghar linked projects find funding for upkeep of buildings and to help with the running of community projects without holding parties. This project was just a community centre in name to get government funding and the sole intention from its conception was to use it as a party hall, I think Dudley Council should investigate what local taxpayers money has been used for and what benefits the wider community have derived from this place.

Well well, the truth hurts ....

i am embaresed by the actions that too place on saturday.

so you are appy for people to behave like criminals in law,

therese 2 different issues here, i'm not defending the events that took place in the hall,

i am however challanging the actions of saturday.

Challenge away, if you read Sikh history then you wouldn't be challenging it. But hey you define whats important to you with your next few lines

this is paid for by dudley peeople,

not satkar, sikh channel, the alak takth.

now find the funding to pay for the upkeep of the building.

This is your real concern. Now your pals have to pay for the building window. Don't worry your pals, the committee, made alot of money off disrespecting Maharaj in the hall. They can pay for the window with blood money.

the acts of saturday are criminal, there is no deffence for this action. not sikhi in any way

Learn your Sikhi before you speak about Sikhi. If you were worried about Sikhi, then you would have started the morcha against your own Gurdwara committee when they started the beadbi.

Challenge away, if you read Sikh history then you wouldn't be challenging it. But hey you define whats important to you with your next few lines

This is your real concern. Now your pals have to pay for the building window. Don't worry your pals, the committee, made alot of money off disrespecting Maharaj in the hall. They can pay for the window with blood money.

Learn your Sikhi before you speak about Sikhi. If you were worried about Sikhi, then you would have started the morcha against your own Gurdwara committee when they started the beadbi.

Well said, I wouldn't have put it any other way myself. :khalsa2:

No worries...you're still a joker to me.

:p

Since talking to you like a human is not working then here i'll try something you will understand.

Stop it boy, sit boy, stay, stay, stay, good boy, you deserve a treat....here is a treat for a good boy.

** Mod Note: Stop the personal attacks or a warning will be issued. It does not matter who started this childish behaviour **

So you are happy for violance to take place on the streats of the UK by Sikh's who preach Sikhi on site like this... bit like you.

I'm not preaching Sikhi, or sat that i know the ins and outs of sikhi,

BUT i do know whats right and wrong , An act of violance is WRONG, Sikh history cant justify this in the 21st century. stop living in the past .

The uk has laws aginst such acts,

So what are these boys going to use in their defence... ' we did this cos were sikh' and blame sikhi.

they are nothing more than common thugs

So you are happy for violance to take place on the streats of the UK by Sikh's who preach Sikhi on site like this... bit like you.

So are you happy for the slander the committee committed against Guru Sahib for many years and you stood by doing nothing? Then you come on the net asking for compassion for the committee that use blood money to fund their activities.

I'm not preaching Sikhi, or sat that i know the ins and outs of sikhi,

BUT i do know whats right and wrong , An act of violance is WRONG, Sikh history cant justify this in the 21st century. stop living in the past .

There is no ins and outs of Sikhi. And this act which we speak of can't be called right or wrong without taking Sikhi into account. This is Sikhi related so it will be assessed using Sikhi principles. Also what happens in Sikh history sets the precedants to what can take place now. Sikhi is beyond time, so before coming on a Sikh forum and telling others it's wrong, you should read up on Sikhi. This is not a secular issue. You need to stop living without morals.

The uk has laws aginst such acts,

Sikhi has rules against meat and alcohol being served in Gurdwara owned buildings. When the Sangat had the peaceful protest even though police and the party goers were mocking them and provoking them, they kept it peaceful. But there is no limit to police abusing there power and the sangat tolerated the party goers slander for a very long time. At the end when it came to pushing the last button of the sangat they taught the party goers that they will not tolerate their mocking and provoking no more.

So what are these boys going to use in their defence... ' we did this cos were sikh' and blame sikhi.

No because they were provoked. Because their religion (Sikhi) was being slandered. Because they came to do a peaceful rally against the slander, but when they were there, the party goers provoked them. If the judge has any sense he would be able to see that the Sikhs at the rally were provoked and the police did not fullfill their duty and only made things worse.

they are nothing more than common thugs

Thugs are those that use sangats money to get people liquored up and ruin their lives, while using the Gurdwaras building.

Agree with Dudley Singh you can never condone violence and thuggish behavior and the law will take whatever action takes place.....

But again when looking at who to blame for this entire fiasco it must be the Gurdwara/Centre comittee

Why on earth did they decide to hold this party and put innocent people at potential risk...

They knew there where going to be potential issues here especially when they cancelled the protest....it was antogonostic behavior to hold this party people where already angry when they got there......you can't say anymore than that....

The committee put there own families lives at risk over the thirst for what??? meat and sharab at a community centre....they must have little value for there family shame on you!!!!!

Punjabis never cease to amaze me. Just when you think we can not go any lower, this happens. I already knew this was going to happen, In fact majority of the people knew this was going to happen. The only reason this party was booked was to ensure that sangat visiting the protest get labelled militants and violent thugs. No matter what happens, waheguru knows, who is right and who is wrong. All I see is, dudley locals with a grin of a loombri (fox) on their faces because they have achieved exactly what they set out to do. They provoked the sikh sangat to the point where guru ji's singhs had no other option, I wish this had not happened and the protest had been entirly peaceful but what is done is done.

We talk about insult to the guru ji, what is more insulting to our gurus when instead of welcoming and doing seva of visiting sangat, dogs are set upon them and they are labelled terrorists and provoked. We have not learnt anything from our Gurus. Once Guru Ramdas ji said to baba Sri chand that he had grown a long beard to wipe the dust from the holy feet of saints like baba SriChand and here we have men with beards throwing dirt at the visiting sangat.

I feel an opportunity has been lost here, if instead of provoking sikhs who came to protest, local sangat and gurdwara commitee had prepared langar and sat down with their brothers and sisters, any problem could have been solved.

mn myry haumY mYlu Br nwil ]

man maerae houmai mail bhar naal ||

O my mind, you are filled with the filth of egotism.

This was not a one sided affair. The party revellers saw Singhs doing kirtan, simran and paat and as this is no doubt alien to them they antagonised, verbally and physically abused the peaceful protestors. Police officers sights always are and will be set on turbans and beards. On the issue of force, I would like to give one example:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8450052.stm

Sukhwinder Singh was nationally regarded as a hero. I doubt he was chasing the muggers to discuss what they had just done. Sikhs stand for their faith and principles. If the Dudley 'pro party' section of sangat do not wish to live according to the Akal Takht edict, I think they should be allowed to sell both the Gurudwara and hall and open a social club elsewhere. It would save the sacrilege and we have a wealth of other Gurudwaras doing positive work for the community rather than the divisive acts of this committee.