Sikh Channel & Dudley Protest

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hiding in the shadows.... Thats what this above poster is good for. I post after a long period of time and the above poster doesn't even take 30 mins to come on sikhsangat to respond. If you look a

Before this psuedo scholar dal starts foaming at the mouth, im leave this topic. Khalistanigunman, I say you do the same. This guy doesn't have nothing better to do, than sit on Sikhsangat and insul

I watched the Dudley Protest show on Sikh Channel last night at 9.30pm...now while the Gursikhs in the Studio correctly stated what occurred on the day and they did so very well but the only video's s

Posted Images

I watched the Dudley Protest show on Sikh Channel last night at 9.30pm...now while the Gursikhs in the Studio correctly stated what occurred on the day and they did so very well but the only video's shown by Sikh Channel showed a very one sided account of the day...the videso were very aggressive and confrontational...why was the other side not shown (Simran/Jaap)? Yes a few moments were shown where simran was done but the complete focus of the videos was on the few outburst alone!

I've received numerous calls from mone friends/family saying that the protest was wrong as all the youth were acting like thugs and rampaging - this was all based on what was shown on Sikh Channel - had Sikh Channel remained unbiased in the videos they showed then i'm certain that the calls i received would have been different. Only after i told my friends/family about what truly happend...only then they understood!

Now i was there all day and can categorically say that there were just a few outburst but overall it remained a very peaceful protest! This was not shown at all by the Sikh Channel.

This video below on facebook shows how the sangat peacefully did simran for hours upone hours...but did the Sikh Channel show this? NO...why NOT?

http://www.facebook....v=2062710208631

Sikh Channel have a duty to also show the Naam Simran and Gurbani jaap that took place for hours upon hours...and not just focus on the few moments of outburst.

I personally was very dishearted having watched the show as it portrayed us all as thugs...well done Sikh Channel!

What can we expect from western media, when our own media did not portray the day accurately?

Read their facebook status update here jee:

http://www.facebook....149575988442445 - "Very shameful scenes today at the Dudley protest. Those cowards who attack old men and police officers will get what they deserve. Everything was filmed but very sad and to embarrassing to air!!"

The peaceful protest part consisted the majority of the protest, however as you have correctly said this is something which has not been highlighted correctly.

Why didn't Sikh Channel show the Simran, Chaupai Sahib, Ardaas, Meeting with Committee/Trustees, the nagara etc?

Why the dangerous bias from the Sikh Channel? Sangat TV did a good job projecting the protest on their earlier show covering the real element of the protest whilst also discussing the disorder that took place

There's no denying that there was some disorder and the Police will no doubt investigate as is their job, but the protest largely revolved around Singhs, Singhniya and kids sitting down doing chaupai sahib and simran to the beat of a nagara.....

The fact that Sikh Channel specifically showed damaging footage makes me think there's a bias agenda. At least show the balanced side of the protest!

• Like 2

Sikh Channel always want to be the first to broadcast everything, but I believe they didn't think

it through about broadcasting the 'negative' sides of the protest...

I bet everyone now thinks, What the hell... Sikhs vs Sikhs... :\

• Like 1

SikhChannel should be banned from filming at any future satkaar campaign protests, if there going to abuse there trust. Give coverage to sangat tv and Sikh tv instead.

Sangat Television was there to cover.

I did see the Sikh TV microphones aswell.

It is perfectly fine and unbiased broadcasting negative aspects as long as they are in context. We have a situation where party goers were openly antagonising and challenging the protestors. A party goers approached Singhs making very insulting and provacative remarks including insulting kes. This all took place in a young asian officers presence. I pleaded with the officer to take the party goer away being as it was him causing the problem, however the officer clearly didn't have an idea what the protest was about and just targeted the Singhs. A party goer spat on a Singh's dastar. Police were heavy handed in some situations but in the absence of the committee members playing ball, they had others options at hand were not exercised. Additionally the hall is the sangats so the Police had no right to prevent access to anyone.

. We have a situation where party goers were openly antagonising and challenging the protestors. A party goers approached Singhs making very insulting and provacative remarks including insulting kes. This all took place in a young asian officers presence. I pleaded with the officer to take the party goer away being as it was him causing the problem, however the officer clearly didn't have an idea what the protest was about and just targeted the Singhs. A party goer spat on a Singh's dastar.

If thats the case then you and everyone else that was there need to ensure that the police is made aware. You need to contact them, as a group....they will interview the 'asian' officer. He may not have understood what was being said but he certainly won't lie about what you alleged to him was going on.

The objective now is threefold :

1) Make sure that absolutely no Sikh that was arrested pleads guilty. There will be pressure on them to do so but they shouldn't because I can see no possible way that the CPS will reccommend any prosecution.

2) Enough allegations and complaints about that hall and its propensity to provoke violence and public disorder need to reach the police that they themselves will ensure that its alcohol serving licence is either revoked or not renewed.

3) Name and shame. Party goers there "spat" on Sikh pagh you say......they insulted the kes etc. many of you testerday had cameras. Show the faces of these scum to the wider Sikh population. Let every Sikh in the west midlands area look at their faces. Lets see how their cousins and next door neighbours react to them.

I'll say this : I am mighty proud of all of you there yesterday. I wish I could've been so resolute in my sikhi. Very proud of you all.

It is perfectly fine and unbiased broadcasting negative aspects as long as they are in context. We have a situation where party goers were openly antagonising and challenging the protestors. A party goers approached Singhs making very insulting and provacative remarks including insulting kes. This all took place in a young asian officers presence. I pleaded with the officer to take the party goer away being as it was him causing the problem, however the officer clearly didn't have an idea what the protest was about and just targeted the Singhs. A party goer spat on a Singh's dastar. Police were heavy handed in some situations but in the absence of the committee members playing ball, they had others options at hand were not exercised. Additionally the hall is the sangats so the Police had no right to prevent access to anyone.

If you know anything about the law, the police have the right and means to precent access if they beleive a criminal act is about/ has occured.

Disturbance of the peace, GBH, Assault, public order charges mean the singhs can face jail anything between a week to 3 years. Probably, 3 months I reckon.

The funny thing about the Daily Mail article posted earlier is, there is a link at the bottom to say prison costs more than a 5 star hotel in some instances.

If you know anything about the law...................

Disturbance of the peace, GBH, Assault, public order charges mean the singhs can face jail anything between a week to 3 years. Probably, 3 months I reckon.

If you think the CPS is gonna think its a good idea to prosecute anyone arrested yesterday than you clearly have very little understanding of the law.

the problem with sikh channel is that it is coordinated by a bunch of novices on little money who couldnt care less about anything... the onlyu reason they showed this was so as to incrrease viewer ratings...again this leads me onto my mool mantra of this forum - reform reform reform....if the same sort of thing happened in muslim community would their channels show a biased picture of events. weve got donkeys running gurdwara's wee got donkeys running the media we got hundreds of different donkey groups in india, the chardikala singh/singhnees need to get together and be properly organised and efficient..all youth start attending your local gurdwara every evening be their and arrange meetings and work from there

• Like 1

Sikh Channel is cashing in on the propoganda. They obviously wanted one up on Sangat TV and Sikh TV by showing the clips of bias footage instead of the whole protest

The person now running the channel is someone called Avtar Singh who is nephew of Davy Bal. If you ring the channel then they are passing the buck to him in the Sikh CHannel and claim he wanted to show the clip and wrote the comments comparing the "removal" of the some alleged committee members dastaar to the mohali incident. Yet Avtaar of the Sikh CHannel fails to be able to provide the name of this committee member.

Pls call Avtaar - the new operator of the Sikh Channel and ask him why he only showed the negative footage. Sikh Channel need to provide an explanation of why they only selected the negative footage to show.