Sikh Channel & Dudley Protest

may I remind these silly internet rumours, that not even sangat tv or sikh tv can withhold evidence from the police (obstructing the cause of justice). Further, this is a public order offence, doesnt matter if the gurdwara committewalia want to press charges or not. The police would want all video evidence for their own intelligence.

Grow up.

I don't think you're in any position to tell the others here to "grow up" ub1. Each year the BBC refuse many requests from the police for footage. When it comes to serious things like armed robbery etc then of course the BBC readily supply footage to the police but when it comes to political demonstrations (in which violence took place) etc they are extremely reluctant to do so. In such circumstances....(as in the circumstances in Dudley / Sikh Channel).....the Sikh Channel can (amd bloody well should) tell the police to get lost. If the Sikh Channel had any sort of legal advisor working for them they would know that the only way the police can force the Sikh Channel to hand over footage is if the police get a court order. Given the hightened tension among Sikhs and the local constabulary there I very much doubt the rozzers would've added fuel to the fire by going for a court order. (although admittedly West Midlands Police are traditionally the stupidest constabulary in England and Wales)

When the rozzers asked Sikh Channel, Sikh TV and Sangat TV they went on what is called a 'fishing expedition'. Fishing for evidence. Any channel with any sort of respect for its journalistic integrity would've told them to go get a court order if they want footage........Its not the Sikh Channels duty to help the police compile 'evidence'. Shame on them for doing so.

raaaas !

i was initially and till I read s50's entry (which I have no reason not to beleive) has got me vexxed.

Appears cops where heavy handed, is Satkaar telling the cops how they perpetuaded the violence -there is no need for yanking a singhs beard.

benti to all to upload vid asap...

West London Singh,

Whilst your command of the english language is superior and blessed by Guru Ji, I am not. It is evident you are not from the gallows of UB1 but perhaps W5 or even SW7 !!!

I unequivocally, absolutely, unreservedly disagree with you !

West Midlands Police is not the stupidest constabulary in England Wales -the Metropolitan Police is !

I must correct you on this point -the apnae, in the Met are the worst !

I was sent this list of incidents by a person who received bruises from the police.

In no particular order

1. Party People purposely opened the door and starting blasting bhangra

2. One of them brought a plate of meat out and starting eating in front everyone

3. Mercedes pulled up at start of protest transferring booze into hall

4. Numerous singhs dastaraa were knocked off by police

5. The police would push, hit with baton then tell you to move back

6. Singhs were given dead legs after getting hit with batons

7. Party person purposely came out and said " come on singhs take a good photo of me"

8. So called "Amritdhari" bibiaa making meat inside centre for party people.

9. Singhs beards were yanked and pulled on purpose.

There was no need for some of the above incidents, especially from the party people

There is footage of most above incidents, Which Video guys will release. I don't know when though.

That's very sad to read.

Although if certain sections of the protest wanted a ruck, the police are all too happy to oblige. In certain cases they don't need any provocation (e.g. the death of Ian Tomlinson). There's no use in complaining about dastaars and beards being pulled when in situations like these. Its par for the course.

West London Singh,

Whilst your command of the english language is superior and blessed by Guru Ji, I am not. It is evident you are not from the gallows of UB1 but perhaps W5 or even SW7 !!!

I unequivocally, absolutely, unreservedly disagree with you !

West Midlands Police is not the stupidest constabulary in England Wales -the Metropolitan Police is !

I must correct you on this point -the apnae, in the Met are the worst

No. TW7. Since the days when Osterley had the feel of a quiet village......And we were the only 'darkies' here.

And no again. The stupidity of West Midlands Police is legendary. In fact it was their stupidity and massive corruption (especially their infamous serious crime squad) that led to reform of the police in the UK back in the 80's. So...lets be honest here.....the average west midlands copper is pretty stupid anyway but he's gotta be extra slow to have been posted in Dudley. I wouldn't be surprised if their asking Mr Avtar Singh from the sikh channel to lead their investigation for them. He seems pretty keen.

After reading West London Singh's post about video evidence being handed over to the police, makes you think how many chamche we have in our community. Coppers tell certain people from Sikh Channel to jump and they say "How high Sahib Ji?".

This chumcha-baazi for 'sahibs' in authority thing is nothing new for our community. Makes me want to ultee!