Baba Ramdev "Threatened By Indian Govt"

SikhRoots

Have a look at Baba Ramdev Ji's post on events of last 24 hours taken from his facebook...

http://www.facebook.com/swami.ramdev?sk=wall

"The Death of Democracy and Human Rights in India

Midnight June 4, 2011, the capital of India, Delhi, witnessed the barbaric actions of the government exerted upon hundreds of thousands of peaceful Satyagrahis sleeping in the Ram Lila grounds. The brutality of the police towards innocent resting people, including children and women, revisited the atrocities committed by British rulers at Jallianwala Bagh."

June 4 1984 / June 4 2011...?

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/govt-threatened-me-baba-ramdev/156879-3.html

Baba Ramdev’s Bhrashtachar Mitao Satyagraha brutally crushed by the government.

Posted on June 5, 2011, 12:20 pm, by admin.

Government puts a black stain on the democracy of our nation.

5th June will be remembered as a black day when the Government ordered 5000 RAF officers to charge in a peaceful satyagraha, that too while they were *sleeping*.

The government applied section 144(Emergency like situation) showcasing the peaceful satyagraha as a riot.

What happened ?

1. RAF without any warrant literally kidnapped Baba Ramdev.

2. Apart from men, children and women beaten with sticks(lathicharged).

3. People dragged out of the place.

4. Both legs broken of Baba Ramdev’s close aide Ajay Arya. More than 40 people injured.

5. In spite of promising non violence the RAF aggressively charged into the sleeping public.

6. All top officials of the police force were with the RAF causing this Jalliawaala Bagh type situation.

7. Thousands of people packed in busses like chickens and thrown away at remote places.

8. People lost their belongings. Many lost their family members.

9. Most people were from different parts of the country completely new to Delhi.

10. Government took no care or made no provisions to safeguard this public.

11. Tear gas literally thrown on faces of people. A popular media reporter also got hit.

12. Pandal burnt down. Destroyed completely. Speakers broken to break the communication.

13. Electricity was removed to cunningly break down the protest.

14. Satyagraha completely crushed brutally.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/govt-threatened-me-baba-ramdev/156879-3.html

New Delhi: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Sunday said the incident of Saturday night was a black moment for him. Addressing the media after reaching Haridwar, Baba Ramdev said innocent people were addressed to such barbaric acts on Saturday at the Ramlila Maidan.

"I kept on telling the policemen not to torture innocent people. Families and small children were subjected to torture, were not spared, they were dragged and beaten up," Ramdev said.

"On the night of June 4, if we had not stopped our workers from getting agitated then thousands of people would have died. Such kind of cruelty was not even seen in emergency or Jallianwala Bagh," he said. He added, "I am not scared of death. But, I didn't want to die in such a barbaric act."

Baba Ramdev explained how he tried to get out of the pandal by wearing a salwar, kameez. "Tear gas were fired upon. People are still admitted to ICU. For a full 2 hours it was mayhem in the pandal, police was firing tear gas and bullets. I am not scared of death," he said.

He also said that the government kept pressurising him to end his fast. "We were assured that whatever we wanted would be done. We were told that an ordinance will be brought to nationalise black money. We were assured that information regarding corrupt leaders, traders etc will be put in public domain. Everything was agreed upon except for one issue. The issue which was not agreed upon was the issue of nationalising black money stashed in foreign banks. The government was pressurising me to end my fast," he said.

Baba Ramdev claimed that he was forced to give a letter of consent in the hotel. "Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi and Pranab Mukherjee were consulted. I got this information that either I be arrested, put in encounter or taken to an unknown destination," he claimed.

He also claimed that the government wanted him to call off his Satyagraha on June 3. He said, "The government could not see such a large Satyagraha where crores participated across the country. We were forced to write a letter on June 3 that by June 6 we will call off our Satyagraha."

He also claimed that the last letter that was given to him by the government did not mention anything about black money.

He claimed that Kapil Sibal told him that if Anna Hazare shares the stage with him, they won't agree to any of his demands.

Attacking Sonia Gandhi, he also said, "Earlier I didn't used to pay attention to the fact that Sonia Gandhi wasn't born in this country. But, after Saturday night's incident, it shows that she does not have any place for the women and children of this nation."

Baba Ramdev also accused the UPA government of holding black money in foreign banks. He said, " Saturday night's act confirms that Rs 50 lakh crore belong to the Congress and its allies."

He also made it clear that he is not done with his fast and will continue with his agitation.

"I am not done with my fast, I will continue with the Satyagraha, the agitation can't be removed from the hearts of people. If anything happens to me, Sonia Gandhi and the Congress government will be responsible for it," Baba Ramdev said.

Baba Ramdev called AICC General Secretary Digijaya Singh's comments irresponsible and refused to comment further on that. He also claimed to have given details of every penny spent, to the government.

He said that his supporters will peacefully observe black day on Sunday evening and Money.

He asked the government an explanation on the reason behind Saturday night's act. When asked whether his talks will continue with the government, Baba Ramdev said he will update as per developments.

Responding to allegations of breaking the rules, Baba Ramdev said, "I did perform Yoga asanas at Ramlila Maidan and the whole world saw. Speaking against corruption comes under the ethics of Yoga."

Responding to allegations about him working for the RSS and BJP, Baba Ramdev said, "I am not a member of the BJP, never even campaigned for them."

New Delhi: Baba Ramdev and the Central Government are now involved in an all-out war of words following the crackdown by the Delhi Police to evict the yoga guru and thousands of his supporters from Delhi's Ramlila Ground on the intervening night of June 4-5.

While the Central Government through Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay accused Ramdev of pushing his political agenda in the grab of launching an agitation against corruption and for the repatriation of black money stashed in foreign banks, the yoga guru called the police action a black moment worse than Emergency and the Jallianwala Bagh massacre carried out by Brigadier General Reginald Dyer.

Subodh Kant Sahay clarified the UPA government's stand on Sunday and explained the sequence of events during the talks with Baba Ramdev.

He explained that on May 19, the Prime Minister wrote a letter to Baba Ramdev saying, 'I have requested the Union Finance Minster to brief you about the step taken by the central government on the issues raised by you.' "On May 20, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee wrote to him that he is willing to met him," Sahay said.

Clarifying on why four Union Ministers went to receive Baba Ramdev at the airport on June 1, Sahay said that Baba Ramdev had raised some questions, and therefore, the ministers went discuss some issues with him in an effort to sort it out on June 1 itself.

Sahay said that the government had been in touch with Baba Ramdev since the last 20 days. "We were constantly requesting him not to encourage the agitation. We did not want it to result in any untoward incident such as self immolation. That was why, to avoid such incidents, the government was in touch with him since the last 20 days," Sahay said.

Sahay also accused Ramdev of turning his fight against corruption to a fight over other issues like why the government showed the letter and why was he forcibly removed.

"We were forced to show his letter as he was not announcing withdrawing of Satyagraha even after promising. We were waiting for his announcement in the evening press conference and he did not announce his withdrawal, following which we were forced to reveal his letter," Sahay said.

Baba Ramdev, however, claimed that he was forced to give a letter of consent to the government. "Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi and Pranab Mukherjee were consulted. I got this information that either I be arrested, put in encounter or taken to an unknown destination," he claimed.

He also claimed that the government wanted him to call off his Satyagraha on June 3. He said, "The government could not see such a large Satyagraha where crores participated across the country. We were forced to write a letter on June 3 that by June 6 we will call off our Satyagraha."

While Baba Ramdev criticised the government for the brutal handling of the event, Sahay defended the act saying, "Police could not have physically removed such huge number of people. That's why they used tear gas shells, not trying to justify them, but they did use minimum restraint."

Attacking Sonia Gandhi, Ramdev also said, "Earlier I didn't used to pay attention to the fact that Sonia Gandhi wasn't born in this country. But, after Saturday night's incident, it shows that she does not have any place for the women and children of this nation."

Ramdev said that the government kept pressurising him to end his fast. "We were assured that whatever we wanted would be done. We were told that an ordinance will be brought to nationalise black money. We were assured that information regarding corrupt leaders, traders etc will be put in public domain. Everything was agreed upon except for one issue. The issue which was not agreed upon was the issue of nationalising black money stashed in foreign banks. The government was pressurising me to end my fast," he said.

Sahay also accused Baba Ramdev of ditching the government and said that talks with Baba Ramdev are over. "There is nothing left to discuss further," he said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP3y-taIzPI&feature=related

Why the attack? Are the people who were attacked Hindus or people of other faiths?

EDIT: Oh I remember. This baba was protesting about corruption wasn't he?

just like Sant Ji spoke for the rights and freedom of Sikhs, Ramdev spoke against corruption and freedom from capitalism and exploitation hence he is trying to be silenced

Guest RavindaSingh

Finally someone else is standing up against that immoral indian government, the true face of that corrupt nation has come out repeatedly.

Fair play to the baba for speaking out against corruption. But I never expected the police to attack "their own" if you know what I mean?

Kaljugi , my friend , No one's "their own" in Indian politics these days ! India is no longer a country run the same way as it was back in days of 1984 .

When Hindus complain govt of being pro-muslim , they are not really lying ! Indian govt is no longer Hindu and Ramdev is definitely not one of their own . They hate him like hell , just as they (congress ) hate all right wing hindus ( RSS , vhp , etc ) . Congress hates RSS because they are afraid that RSS may take the reins of rule from their hands ..

And congress govt is today run by a catholic lady and her non-hindu family . And they lure Indian muslim votebank by doing what muslims want , i.e , islamification of India ! and muslim appeasement . And this irritates RSS people !

Thats the real story ..