Bbc Sikhs Rally In London Over 1984 India Temple Attack

Don't know exact figures but surely there must have been more. Loads of sangat. 26 coaches from Leicester. 3 from Guru HarKishen Sahib, Oadby, and from what I heard 16 from Guru Tegh Bhadur Sahib (East Park Road), and 7 from Guru Nanak Dev Ji Gurdwara (Holy Bones, City Centre).

We need to keep count in the future and also get sikh channels to record the event so everyone can see what is going on and also then BBC and TIMES OF INDIA will have to post accurate numbers. We can also try to get some officials as well that are non sikh that can also verify the count that way we can spread a big message to india that lots of people are still remembering and have not forgotten 1984.

If the Jews can still recall their Holoucaust then why can't the Sikhs! Glad that there were alot of younger Sikhs there as we are the future. Like said above that's due to the Sikh TV CHannels. How we've never done this before is beyond me.

I was at someone's house attending a paath yesterday (in the West Midlands)....and the granthi (who was from one of the main gurdwara which sent many coaches) said that many people had gone on the coaches to enjoy a day out in London.

I am sure that was the case because the numbers on the march looked quite low to me - from the video footage and pictures. The figure quoted by the BBC of 25,000 is probably near the mark.