Quotes On Sikh Martial Arts / Weapons In Holy Scriptures

Just a few:

Guru Nanak Dev Ji also wrote about shaster. Guru Nanak Dev Ji passed on shaster vidiya by Baba Budha Ji all the way up to Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji had shaster and a barsha (spear), something you need quite a bit of skill to use.

Panna 1356 of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji:

Shastra Naam Maala:

Ik Oankaar Vaaheguroo Ji Ki Fatah||

The Lord is One and the Victory is of the True Guru.

Ath Sri Shastra Naam Maalaa Puraan likhyate||

Shastra-Nama Mala Purana (the Rosary of the Names of weapons) is now composed

Sri Bhagauti ji sahaae|| Paat(i)shaahi 10||

With the support of the primal power by the Tenth King.

Dohraa||

Saang sarohi saiph as teer tupak talvaar|| Sattraantak kavchaant(i) kar kareeai rachchh hamaar||1||

O Lord ! Protect us by creating Saang, Sarohi, Saif (Sword), As, Teer (arrow) tupak (gun), Talwaar (sword), and other weapons and armours causing the destruction of the enemies.

As kripaan dhaaraabaadh sail sooph jamdaadh|| Kavchaantak sattraant kar teg teer dharbaadh||2||

O Lord ! Creat As, Kripan (sword), Dharaddhari, Sail, Soof, Jamaadh, Tegh (saber), Teer (saber), Teer (arrow), Talwar(sward), causing the destruction of armours and enemies.

As kripaan khando kharag tupak tabar ar(u) teer|| Saiph sarohi saihathi yahai hamaarai peer||3||

As, dagger, double-edged sword, sword, gun, hatchet & arrow. Saif (sword), Sarohi and Saihathi, all these are our seniors.

Teer tuhi saihathi tuhi tuhi tabar talvaar|| Naam tihaaro jo japai bhae sindh bhav paar||4||

You are the arrow, You are Saihathi, You are hatchet & sword. Those who remember Your Name cross the dreadful ocean of existence.

Kaal tuhi kaali tuhi teg ar(u) teer|| Tuhi nishaani jeet ki aaj(u) tuhi jagheer||5||

You are Death, You are goddess Kali, You are the saber & arrow. You are the sign of victory today & You are the world's Hero.

je pooja asket ki nritpat kareh baniaeh, tin peh aapan haath de aastuj lehah bajaee (Sri Dasam Granth)

if you worship the weapons all the time you will have my grace and the sword shall protect you

Wjkk wjkf,

Thank-you for the information, I really appreciate it. Is there any quote from Sri sarbloh grant that you may know of?

I would appreciate any info that you have.

Wjkk wjkf