First Job Advice Pls

_singhni_

vjkk vjkf

Sangat je please could those who are in employment or have done placement year during uni life help with the below:

Basically I start my first ever job which is a full time placement in a couple of weeks and the nerves are getting the better of me already. Here's my list of Qs I'd like to have feedback on :)

1) what should I expect on my first day?

2) as originally I thought I was due to start in september i have booked a 2 week holiday abroad so would it be rude to ask for this leave in advance?.

3) will I be told what my exact working hours are? Along with what my main tasks are?

Please help and feel free to share any other knowledge regarding placement yr :)

Guru kirpa

Vjkk vjkf

your job is very important aspect of modern life and in itself seva - so be determined at your job, baba nand singh ji used to say that one should give more to his job and take less of a reward so i think your holiday is definitely a bad idea...just remember my tip dont get to friendly remain professional and formal and dont get personal jsut keep to sweet talk and give your work tasks 100% be proactive and appear as a very good colleague/employee

Benji,

Do not be nervous.

First days are usually quite tense but normally you sit around doing nothing because they haven't got your PC access or they have not got you authority on the various computer systems that you will need to access. They will probably give you some things to read etc.

They know you are new so will train you up and get you up to speed and give you all the infomation you require for your job. Ask lots of questions (shows willing and eagerness) and be polite and friendly.

Do ardass in the morning before you go and you will have no problems.... all the best in your new job.

just remember my tip dont get to friendly remain professional and formal and dont get personal

important point. if its goreh they will always ask about personal/family.. dont go down that road, remain graceful and professional. with work, Don't ever show your stressed even under load.

those guys always get far. the gossipers and emotional wrecks never climb the ladder, no matter how talented they are.