Christians In Punjab

http://www.apostolicnews.org/2009/12/ex-sikh-convert-shares-his-incredible-testimony/

Michigan – December 15, 2009. Recently, I had the wonderful opportunity of meeting Kulwant Singh Boora via Apostolic News. He has an incredible testimony that is very significant since Apostolics in the U.S. have virtually had no impact into the Sikh community. For years, U.S. and Canadian missionaries went to different countries to evangelize the lost. Although the present missionaries that we have are doing a wonderful work in their fields of evangelism, the world’s population is increasing exponentially. So, I believe one of the reasons that many immigrants have come to the US and Canada is because if we cannot go to where they are, God will bring them here. Being a son of immigrants, I understand the impact that this precious Apostolic truth can have on immigrants. I am extremely encouraged by Bro. Boora’s testimony and I am sharing it here on Apostolic News.PB: While you were a Sikh, how did you hear about the truth?

KB: My twin brother was the one that made the truth know to me, in very simple terms.

PB: What is the usual reaction of a Sikh family/friends to one of their own leaving the Sikh religion to Christianity?

KB: The reactions are devastating, possible expulsion from the home and Indian community, in some countries possible death.

PB: How long have you been in the Truth?

KB: Since March 1992.

PB: Have you been effective in reaching other Sikhs? What is the best way to reach the Sikhs?

KB: I have spoken to alot of Sikhs, and if you initially stick to the belief in one God, they are generally receptive. Sikh’s are like the Jews, monotheists and believe in one God, they will defend that position quite strongly, Sikh’s do not believe in the Trinity.

In the United Kingdom it is a very tough area to witness, but being experienced in preaching and teaching on the high streets of London, Birmingham, Nottingham, Manchester, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Scotland, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Wales, etc, and being up against every religious denomination from Rasters to Muslims, Hindus, Trinitarians, Catholics, etc, the Lord gave us the strength to get the truth out there. Having studied theology with a University in England, United Kingdom that is about 200 years old, they had materials and documentation that blew your mind. It was awesome studying theology in Europe, since this is were most of the theological materials comes from.

I also served as a visiting lecturer at the University of Toledo, Ohio and served as a law tutor for the International Center for Legal studies, which is a listed distance learning institution for the University of London external law degree program, and was an examiner and law tutor for the British Paralegal Association, in which I was able to get the message of the truth out the souls. Even as a former employee of the Law Society of England and Wales I was able to help a Sikh come to the knowledge of the truth, including his family, even while serving as a Judicial intern to a former Chief Federal Judge at the Federal District Courts in Ohio, he being a Protestant started to ask questions about baptism in the name of Jesus. The Lord to this present day is opening doors to reach the lost, and I am looking into the Indian communities.

PB: What do the Sikh’s believe?

KB: The believe in one eternal God (monotheism) who sent various teachers, ten in total.

PB: Tell me some of the struggles that you faced after you were converted to Christianity.

KB: Adjusting to the charismatic style of serving God, the loud noise, and the lack of Indians in the apostolic movement that could relate to me and share in my struggles and understandings of Indian culture and custom.

PB: What is your ministry now? Tell me about it.

KB: Primarily advanced teaching and evangelism, with a strong emphasis on studying.

PB: Are you married? Do you have children? Where do you live now?

KB: Yes I have a lovely American wife, one boy who is three, such a cutie, and I live in the State of Michigan.

PB: If you were going to witness to a Sikh, what would you tell him to convince of Jesus?

KB: You would have to let them see the love of God in you as a believer, you can of course make verbal presentations, but the gentle awesomeness of God’s love has melted the ice of tradition, religion and sin, to reveal a stream of love that flows to the gates of heaven where Jesus resides.

PB: I have heard you have written some Apostolic books. Tell us about them.

KB: These are the books that I published as a British/Indian entitled: Oneness And Monotheism: Book 2 looking at Deuteronomy 6:4. some people have stated that they are unable to purchase the books from the publisher in the US, please note that the publisher Authorhouse also has a UK branch, and the books can be purchased either from the US or the UK at Amazon and shipped anywhere round the world. This would come useful for outreach to the Indians/Asian/Hindus/Sikhs/Muslims/Sinners and Trinitarians around the world. You can obtain them from following Amazon links.

^^^^ - Almost scary to read. :huh2:

I guess its up to those in the upper echelons of Sikhi (Jathedars, kaathavachaks, etc) to make the faith as attractive as possible to the people without distorting or misrepresenting it's tenets. Whilst this may sound slightly unsavoury (i.e. marketing Sikhi???!!) I guess its the only thing we can do to stop people leaving the faith and seeking pastures anew.

Although you get the impression that Sikhs who are tempted by Christianity want an easier life, and are disuaded from the strict discipline that one must adhere to in order to be a Sikh. They fail to understand that it is from this discipline that the beauty or the "love of God" emerges. But that's hard to explain to someone who wants to follow their faith just on a Sunday and not worry about anything theological for the next 6 days!

Or am I doing a disservice to these people by suggesting that they only want to be Sunday Christians? Maybe there's a lot of converts who DO fall in love with their new religion? I think we have to honestly analyse why such people feel Sikhi is not for them. Is it more to do with the blurring of the lines between Panjabi culture and the Sikh faith? Or do people who wish to leave Sikhi have sound, theological reasons for rejecting the faith (and not some Watchtower blurb they've been told to regurgitate everytime someone questions them about their true feelings about the apparent problems with the Sikh faith)?

Whilst this may sound slightly unsavoury (i.e. marketing Sikhi???!!) I guess its the only thing we can do to stop people leaving the faith and seeking pastures anew.

This is the kind of thinking because of which sikhi is not flourishing ! One singh told me :"Be a true gursikh and when gursikhi reflects from within you , you need not preach people , they will learn from your experience." This is a lame excuse for not spreading sikhi ! Ever heard people of other religions make such statements ? This is the case only with sikhs . Why ? because our structure is corrupt . So much money flows in SGPC and gurudwaras , god only knows where it goes ! Sikhs today are more interested in boasting on sardari and rest of BS rather than actually spreading sikhi !

Christianity and Christians were also persecuted 2000 years back by the Jews . Romans fed Christians to lions , but see that Roman empire itself became christian only because of christians one effort - preaching and service !

Islam was once persecuted in Mecca . But , see entire mid-east is muslim !

Whats wrong with proselytizing ? We know sikhi is truth , so why do we hesitate to spread it , unlike muslims and christians !

Guru Ji first sent out Sikhs to learn Sanskrit and get an education then Guru Ji sent out Sikhs to all parts of Bharat to spread the word of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. And did Guru Nanak Dev Ji himself not travel in all four directions spreading the word of AkaalPurkh, then we shouldn’t we?

We are too complacent, we sit on our sofas and we quarrel yet it is just too much of an effort to do something about spreading Sikhi – Ask not what Sikhi can do for us, ask what we can do for Sikhi (humbly).

Look at this guy, he goes to a gurdwara, stays there a night, observes, then writes about it to let others know how to engage Sikhs and to ultimately to convert them.

http://whitedragonawa.wordpress.com/2009/11/07/visiting-a-sikh-temple-in-los-angeles-ca/#comment-113

West London veerji dont leave this forum...their are sangat who appreciate your posts...and learn much from them

Recieved a lot of personal messages by members here asking me to stay. I thank you for them and have, therefore, decided to stay.

That ASSOCIATED CANADIAN THEOLOGICAL SCHOOLS "University" is nothing, it's a no name 'educational' institution and very likely run privately. So relax and have a cup of mango lassi.

The word 'association', Oh Twadi, does exactly what it says on the tin. Its not the name of any university....its merely an 'association' between various universities. The actual university is Trinty Western University. 157 acre campus. UK sangat can look at this picture of it and see how it is as big and better than many UK red brick universities :

http://twu.ca/

very likely run privately

So ? Are you telling me private universities in Canada operate in the same way that schools in the Congo, Bangladesh and Rwanda do......in that there is absolutely no regulation at all ?

We have 'private' universities here too you know. That doesn't mean the education regulatory authorities will allow them to teach degree courses in how to gas jews.

Anyway.....its now time for us UK sikhs to get our finger out too. Multiple threads, hysteria and paranoia about a handfull of unemployed, powerless muslim youths targetting sikh girs for conversion and yet absolutely nothing said about what I percieve to be the most evil and most dangerous man in Britain as far as i, as a sikh, am concerned : Mr Ram Gidoomal. He is the author of the manual that all the right wing christians in north america use to convert sikhs : 'Lions, princesses and gurus ; Reaching your Sikh neighbour'. He also wrote a similar book to guide christians in converting hindus ; ' Chappatis for tea ; Loving your hindu neighbour'.

Notice the word 'love' that keeps popping up with these christians. When you disguise your hatred behind a veil of respectability you can even get away with calling it love.

This man, who is the author of the manual for getting sikhs away from sikhism that all christians around the world use as THE authority on the matter....This hate mongerer....was awared a C.B.E by the queen. This man gets to sit in government and parliamentary committes as well as numerous government quangos. As we speak, as we think about our sikh children's education, this man is the Chairman of the Office of the Independant Adjudicator for Higher Education. As we speak, as we worry about the future of Punjab and its development, this man is the Trustee of the Forum for the Future, govt quango. As we speak, as the west london area which houses the largest sikh population in the whole of the uk worries about recieving resources, grants, help etc....this man is the powerfull patron of the Thames Community Foundation, which decides where money and resources should go. This man is the Director of Amsphere Ltd.....a billion pound firm that has among its clients some of the UK's largest and most respected companies.

We need to ask everyone that does business with him this question :

If I as a Sikh...or a muslim....wrote manuals in how to finish off christianity.....and in those manuals stated the reason was because christianity was an evil, false, backward, disgusting religion......would I be rewarded with an honour from the queen ? Would I be deemed suitable to serve as the head of important govenment departments ?

Remember that name my friends : Ram Gidoomal. At least a couple of times a year prestigious uk Universities invite him to give talks and lectures as the guest speaker. Its time we started asking uncomfortable questions. Its time we hounded this hate mongerer out of business.

Thats so funny

^ ...says the fella who's only source of knowledge or inspiration on this forum has been to reccommend that sikhs walk down central london on demonstrations like a bunch of manic depressives because....in the rather strange upside down world he lives in.....people are instantly attracted to and inrigued by depresseing looking people and are thus instantly drawn to them to find out whats going on. Not.

Now thats funny. :rolleyes2:

Anyway.....never mind Ram Gidoomal. Watch how all the Sikh Philosophy network supporting agents come out to attack me from all sides now.

They're here for a reason. Things like Ram Gidoomal don't even raise an eyebrow with them.....things like that don't hurt them the way it hurts us sikhs. The sikh philosophy agents here are here for different motives. Hence a muppet like chatanga comes on here......with not a care in the world about what the likes of ram gidoomal are doing. Instead, he comes on here to provoke disharmony and conflict among Sikhs. You have to question how much pretend love these people have for sikhi.