Christians In Punjab

Check the following comment on the link onlyfive posted.

Timothy says: December 31, 2009 at 5:43 pm Here in Yuba City, CA we have a large amount of Sikh population. The current Mayor is a Sikh. We have the annual Sikh Parade with over 80,000 in attendance last year. We are making strides into the community also for they are very hungry for a real relationship with God. I just shows that people every where are hungry to know Jesus.

Wales85, what article? Post it here.

I'd love if a Christian missionary came to my Gurudwara with intentions of converting. Would love to talk to him or her.

edit- Don't worry too much about anti-Sikh propaganda blogs/websites. For every bad website, there are 10 honest websites with nothing but dedication to the truth.

Nanak naam chardi kalaa, tere bhaane sarbat da bhala

ihMdU qurk koaU rwPjI iemwm swPI mwns kI jwq sbY eykY pihcwnbo ]

Some are Hindus and others are Muslims. someone is lliifazi (ashiah=renouncer-follower of Ali) and another an Imam-Shafi (Sunni=adherent of the Prophet) but ye recognize all human race as one

Bandha, I'm glad you've taken down the private telephone numbers of Ram Gidoomal. That probably ain't the right way to go about things. Personally, I've always stated here that I like to work as a lone agent. I truly believe that each of Sikhs really does have the strength of sava lakh. Each of us, each day, either after work or school, should be sitting at the computer and researching....and then writing off e-mail letters to people and organisations. Sometimes, when we do things as a group......the people can just write it off as the work of an extremist group...but when totally unconnected individuals do things.....those things have to get noticed. It is with this in mind that I have spent the last couple of years researching every name that appears in the Indian Minorities Human Rights report into the killings in Delhi in 1984. As many of those named in that report are top businessmen in Delhi I research every western retailer and company that does business with those men. I then write to those western companies questioning how doing business with killers can fit in with their policy of 'ethics'. In the e-mails, I make sure I mention the (western) companies that in turn do business with that western company. That...scares the hell out of those companies. In reality ethics come second to business.....and if they see something that will be bad for business you'll be surprised how quickly they take notice.

Same with this Ram Gidoomal situation. As individuals we should be having correspondence with the government quangos and ask if we are not human beings....if we as sikhs are some kind of second class citizens....if we are not worth as much as humans than christians, jews and muslims. For clearly the authorities would not give power and prestigs to a man that preached against Islam or Judaism.......So how come its ok to preach against Sikhism and Hinduism ?

You'll notice that Ram Gidoomal has never written anything against Jews or Muslims. He knows he couldn't get away with that. He restricted his conversion targets to Hindus and then Sikhs. He started with the Hindus but.....unlike us Sikhs....the Hindus showed themselves to be a bit more clever than us. After his book 'Chapatti for Tea ; Loving your Hindu neighbour' was published, many educated hindus penned very articulate replies to the mainstream media.....culminating in a well written article in The Guardian. Since then....Ram Gidoomal's main target has been the Sikhs. And he's been getting away with it for a long long time now because, once again, we have shown ourselves to be a bit thick. Not even clever enough to figure out who the enemy is never mind win the battle.

So yes...as individuals we should each be writing not to him but to the government departments he heads.....the government quangos he heads.....the companies he heads. Just like the killers in delhi its no point writing or communicating with him. Just like the killers in Delhi you have to shame the people that employ him or do business with him. They have to made to feel guilty by association.

But....if we are gonna deal with this man as a group.....then I feel we should actually join in partnership with the Hindu groups...and do it properly. Clearly the powerfull men in this country have come to the conclusion that targetting the 3 semetic religions is wrong and will not be tolerated......but targetting the 2 eastern faiths is ok. Because clearly....apparently.....the 2 eastern faiths are pagan devil worshippers and must be 'saved'.

This Giddhar-mal is quite a powerful person, he heads many organisations, is a director of others, his family are millionairs and he is an OBE or something so best not to harass him directly.

However I think rather then individually tackling him we need to make like a sub-committee or a cell where 4-5 people get together. I think the musslay do this, they decide what they are going to do or who they are going to aim their efforts at and then they get together 4-5 on them and then focus. Each group just focuses on one aspect and let others tackle other incidents etc. For instance one group may decide that they want to raise their profile on the radio then they will just focus on this and try to achieve their objective while other groups deal with other things, every little helps, as they say.

We need to do the same, get organised, get groups together and focus on one topic, set out an objective and persue it.

We need to get a group together and focus on this person :

1. First read his book - Lions princesses and Guru. Make detailed notes of what is objectionable.

2. Then target the companies that he is director of and make them aware of what he is writing.

3. Then target the government committees he is part of , make then aware of what his is up to.

4. Then go for newspapers that maybe sympathetic to us (not many I know) and make them aware of what

he stands for. Even the Daily Mail/Express may be interested if what he stands for may embarress the Christian party he chairs. They may listen when it is pointed out that he does not write about Jews / Muslims but targets Sikhs.

5. We then need to take each of his points and rebutt them poin-by point. Make a booklett/pamphlet

get it published and make copies. Send them to organisations raie awareness in Gurdwaras, centers, where ever there are Sikhs. Post through letter boxes.

We need to take ownership not wait for others, so get together, a group or like minded people and persue this, see how you get on. Each group focusing on something different. :nod: