Christians In Punjab

Kaljugi Ji, I am so happy that you have come through difficult times. I am in the midst of mine a rock and a hard place , but I have total faith in my Guru.

It is true converters always look for vulnerable people, when people are at their lowest ebb, then they will carefully move on them, very sly and deceitful if you ask me.

People want quick fixes they do not want to take a leap of faith which is what Sikhi is, it is a total leap of faith in your Guru.The onus is on the Sikh first to take the step and Guru Ji will take countless steps towards you.

With Christianity you pass you sins onto someone else you load them off and you are free to do whatever, in sikhi you have to work at it and the rewards are not always tangable or seen immediatley, hence people look for a quick fix. No need to get up at the crack of dawn, no need to sit and battle with your mind for hours on end trying to connect with the Almighty no abstaining from various foods and drinks, you can do anything and still walk into Heaven, unless you have kirpa of Guru Sahib Ji this would look tempting to anyone.

Thank-you Bundha Ji. Early days yet but I think I've turned a corner. All thanks to Waheguru of course. I had my doubts as do all human beings (I'm still prone to them at the moment TBH) but things are getting better. This isn't an empty platitude but naam-simran really, really helps. I'm living proof of that.

Good to hear you're soldiering on Kalyugi!

Could it be that the perceived committment to become a fully-fledged Sikh is seen as too much of a sacrifice for these Sikhs who convert? As we all know, Sikhi is a way of life and maybe some people aren't prepared to go the distance?

I think it is more complicated than that as many of the families that convert (in the UK) seem to be following a more 'relaxed' Sikh way of life in any case. Call them lax, sehaj dhari, monay or whatever you will but I don't think they are even looking at becoming 'fully fledged' as some sort of barrier. It's something else. Perhaps negative experiences within the community (and lets be frank these aren't hard to come by) or being removed from some pressure by the new faith? Like I said, Christianity seems to put a lot of stress on pastoral support, one to one advice, community spirited things and they don't seem to have that insanely competitive thing we have going on between each other? People with problems can easily become isolated in our society.

Kaljugi Ji, I am so happy that you have come through difficult times. I am in the midst of mine a rock and a hard place , but I have total faith in my Guru.

It is true converters always look for vulnerable people, when people are at their lowest ebb, then they will carefully move on them, very sly and deceitful if you ask me.

People want quick fixes they do not want to take a leap of faith which is what Sikhi is, it is a total leap of faith in your Guru.The onus is on the Sikh first to take the step and Guru Ji will take countless steps towards you.

With Christianity you pass you sins onto someone else you load them off and you are free to do whatever, in sikhi you have to work at it and the rewards are not always tangable or seen immediatley, hence people look for a quick fix. No need to get up at the crack of dawn, no need to sit and battle with your mind for hours on end trying to connect with the Almighty no abstaining from various foods and drinks, you can do anything and still walk into Heaven, unless you have kirpa of Guru Sahib Ji this would look tempting to anyone.

What is the source of your information ? Have you read the bible ?

Bible has its own dietary laws !

Believing in false things and being a pathetic people are two different things. I think christianity may have taken in rituals/stories from many religions, but that does not make those who believe it a pathetic people. Ever met any mormons? They believe even crazier things, but they are some of the best people you have ever met.

Look at this bakwaas, one more gone. Why do most of our people not know that we don't worship '10 Gurus' but Ik Oankaar? I heard the same excuse from a girl who became Muslim and here too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfMqKqY7jGw&feature=player_embeddedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfMqKqY7jGw&feature=player_embedded

Don't leave everything into the hands of corrupt 'religious' bodies and parbandak commitees. Educate even 1 young Sikh about his or her faith, you will be doing the Qaum a great favour. Humble benti.

Look at this bakwaas, one more gone. Why do most of our people not know that we don't worship '10 Gurus' but Ik Oankaar? I heard the same excuse from a girl who became Muslim and here too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfMqKqY7jGw&feature=player_embeddedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfMqKqY7jGw&feature=player_embedded

Don't leave everything into the hands of corrupt 'religious' bodies and parbandak commitees. Educate even 1 young Sikh about his or her faith, you will be doing the Qaum a great favour. Humble benti.

'We Worshiped 10 gurus' ...seriously how was she even sikh..she was a ignorant punjabi who converted to Jesus worshiping...there was probably not one ounce of sikhi in her before she started worshipping a man...its funny they can go from worshipping waheguru to worshiping a so called 'avtar' of God....Only one reason for this...lack of parchaar from the Sikh Kaum....

Heres another one..and its evn more laughable...

I don't blame the bibi, but she is spreading misinformation. Just goes to show how punjabi backward culture has nothing to do with Sikhi and can deceive people.

There's no ghost rubbish or gender inequality in Sikhi.

Best thing we can do is educate people when there is something incorrect said.

'We Worshiped 10 gurus' ...seriously how was she even sikh..she was a ignorant punjabi who converted to Jesus worshiping...there was probably not one ounce of sikhi in her before she started worshipping a man...its funny they can go from worshipping waheguru to worshiping a so called 'avtar' of God....Only one reason for this...lack of parchaar from the Sikh Kaum....

Heres another one..and its evn more laughable...

You probably cant see it but neither people in those videos are concerned by religion. They both faced pretty heavy stuff in their lives and were looking for a way out. Along comes the Pentecostal/Jehovahs etc and give them a life they couldnt have had in the sikh community.

And before people wheel out the usual 'it's culture not religion' excuse, bare in mind that mistreatment of women or just being stingy are societal problems. To solely blame it on 'Punjabi Culture' is too convenient and unpersonal way of shirking around the issues.

@HSD1, what do you mean by excuse? You should be very careful with the wording you use, it almost sounds like you're saying Sikhi has even an ounce of blame here? The reason why this happened is because they had gone far from Sikhi, but even then it is backward punjabi mentality of treating girls as being inferior. It was our Gurus who brought women equal status that women don't get in any other religion.

It is Punjabi backward culture that is reinforced and twisted by the media in Punjab. I do agree we shouldn't turn it into an issue, we should immerse ourselves in trying to fix this problem.

I think we should promote more people like Saint Soldier who spread awareness through music. If anyone knows the email of the Christian sister in the video, please forward this song to her.

Thanks