Why Becoming Vegetarian Is So Hard For Me?

Guest Paapi insaan

Guest Paapi insaan

Everytime I try to become vegetarian something goes wrong and i loose trakc of my belive, life and back to point 0. I was doing jaap and paath for last 1 month everything was fine. All of sudden I start getting craving of non-veg when my other family members cook meat chicken at home.

All of sudden i have back problem. for last 2 days i am having cravings and these thoughts. Why waheguru testing me so hard? My cousins my brothers they eat non-veg, drink alcohol, smoke etc and they get better life without health problems, without any issues. Why I am suffering more when I want to change my life for good? When i start doing paath, Stop eating non-veg, Never smoked or drink, Never dated any girl Why all this bad stuff happen with me? I am so confused and getting distracted from my goal. Please help me.......I dont want to loose my faith in waheguru and religion please help me.

Dear Insaan, Sometimes like you people lead a good life, do paath, avoid all the bad foods and drinks and vices, but then we forget one thing, exercise!

Get your back sorted by getting proper advice from the Doctor and then get into exercise. Pick something you enjoy, Gatka, running, cycling, swimming, Gym, stretching, football, walking/rambling, anything you enjoy. Start off slowly and just keep on progressing!

Don't forget to take advice from your Doctor, and recover, before you start your new exercise regime!

The right path is always the hard one and guru jis path Was never meant to be easy!

Guru ji had to give up his four sons...thats not easy for a father to do...guru ji had to sacrifice his father guru tech Bahadur ji for the Hindu faith...that wasn't easy yet others lived lives of luxury.

It's a test and u just got to decide what's the right path! Eating meat...ur turning you body into s burial ground for dead bodies..guru didn't create us for that reason.....

Fact is..physical pain from illness or health problems hits us...but pain to our conscience is what should be steering

ur life! Not physical stuff! U want to please ur guru n achieve ur goal...u know what u got to do...keep away from the poor animal corpses n not feed off them! Remain headstrong and fight whatever's telling u to join the club of meateaters!

I hope waheguru shows u the right way

use soya meat substitute (egg free, from holland and barrett) to break the habit.

And stop complaining about other people with better life blah blah. 80% of the world population don't know where their next meal is comming from. 100'000's live each day not knowing when they are going to be murdered, raped or tortured.

you my friend are in the chosen 10% of the world population where you have the 3 most important wordly things: Food, Shelter and Safety.

grab the opportunities Waheguru has given and make a change.

Guest Paapi insaan

The right path is always the hard one and guru jis path Was never meant to be easy!

Guru ji had to give up his four sons...thats not easy for a father to do...guru ji had to sacrifice his father guru tech Bahadur ji for the Hindu faith...that wasn't easy yet others lived lives of luxury.

It's a test and u just got to decide what's the right path! Eating meat...ur turning you body into s burial ground for dead bodies..guru didn't create us for that reason.....

Fact is..physical pain from illness or health problems hits us...but pain to our conscience is what should be steering

ur life! Not physical stuff! U want to please ur guru n achieve ur goal...u know what u got to do...keep away from the poor animal corpses n not feed off them! Remain headstrong and fight whatever's telling u to join the club of meateaters!

I hope waheguru shows u the right way

Waheguru ji ka khalsa shri waheguru ji ke fateh,

Thank for encouraging advice. I really like when you said burial ground for dead bodies. That was again eye opner for me. I never thought of it like that. I am praying to waheguru to keep me strong and away from such food. Yes I feel very lucky to have food shelter money to survive. Thanks to waheguru for that and I pray everyone get that in world. I agree that I am spoiled but taking first step to change myself and hope god can forgive my sins.

Not sure if this is going to make sense but I shall ramble on a little.

Think of a large field (metaphorically) and all of us souls are wondering about in it. We work through our karam, we create more karam, then we die and are reborn. Guru Ji looks over us but is not concerned as we have forgotten Him. We are engrossed in maya and in our daily lives that we do not have any time for our Guru, our father.

If through His grace or through our karam or through our desire to get to know our Guru we start to remember him, then in a way, we come closer to an area in the field we can call Gurus-area. Guru Ji is now drawing us near to him, just as in the shabad – Charan saran gur ekh paindha jai chall, Satguru KOTE paindha agai hoi lath hey. Guru Ji is waiting for us with open arms all we need to do is take one step towards Him.

If through His grace we enter Guru Jis-area then we become Guru Ji’s. Now Guru Ji looks after us properly, he looks over us, cares for us because we have now entered His domain. All the other souls wonder about doing their own thing, living and dying, living and dying. However, once you come into Guru’s-area then straight away you have certain restrictions put upon you – you cannot eat meat, you cannot drink alcohol, you cannot smoke, you do not go to pubs and clubs, you have to get up amritwella, you have to do your panj banies, you have to do more path and simran, there is a whole rafter of restrictions and orders because you are now under Guru Ji’s hukam. This is a good thing because you are now under Guru Jis care, He will look after you through thick and thin, He will never let you go, never let you drift off into bad company, you are a very fortunate person.

With this you will face certain hardships and suffering, the more suffering you get – “ Dukh Daroo Sukh rogue pia “ – the more your path is being cleared, because ultimately Guru Ji wants you to travel along the path closer to Him and you can only so that if that path is clear of obstacle (bad karma). The others, those outside Guru Ji’s-area may experience happiness, good fortune, good business opportunities, but they are using up what they have previously sown, but do not sow anything for the future, so ultimately they are going down the wrong path , a path that will lead to suffering in the end.

Sometimes you walk into a table and catch your toe on the corner, it is agony for a few moments, we may not realise it but maybe some big suffering we were to endure has just been worked through in those few moments. It is difficult when one is trying to follow Guru Ji’s path and you are met with obstacle and pain but you look around you and your friends and relatives are doing so well, but if you stick with Guru Ji then ultimately you are going to be the winner because this life is like a contest and we need to leave this life as winners, ie breaking through the circle of life and death.

Thanks Bundha ji, that was really meaningful post..just kept me wondering that Maharaj loves us so.....much...that we can never even imagine....

:waheguru: