Amritdhari Love Marriage

SinghniKaur

Guest Qaye

I have read much **** here... With these so called utopian Amritdharee SUPER HEROS! I think many of you don´t even have understand what Amritdharee means... You are building a bad image of amrit dharees, thats the problem why many people are afraid of Amrit etc... this is a deep topic..

Firstly I want to say that an Amritdharee is not perfect and won´t get perfect in his life ever... An Amritdharree is a human like every human as well - he differs in no way from other humans - he has the same blood - brain -legs etc... He isn´t better than any other being on this planet and wouldn´t get better than any other- because he is a HUMAN. The only think a Amritdharee is , that he/she found the part of the Guru of the one immaculate Lord of Waheguru (God). He is willing to give his life for GOD , and only God - but what is GOD? GOD Is endless - we cannot describe in words or other form. God is EVERYTHING and NOTHING! The Amritdharee realises the ONE , and due to his baptation he is willing to spend rest of this life - and this AMRIT - Isn´t the one you show other people ... This Amrit is in the HEART in the mind 24/7 of the person. The word GOD - But how do you can get this amrit? Simple answer due Gurbani - Everyone knows it - Here the understanding of Gurbani comes in. The interpretatin the different views - there are many - but what is the truth? Which we can say is right or wrong? Our Great Guru jis, in their times - tried to convey this message - because this problem existed in their times as well - So they tried to simplfy this message - And wrote the everything down. To let people get closer to Bani - They simplified Bani that much - that even the uneducated people can understand this . The Rational thinking of a human was observed - So they wrote down the Guru Granth Sahib ji in Context - So Everyone can read it fluent - They wrote to implement knowledge into people (It is so simple that everyone should understand it - Where is the sense if they would write it in technical terms, that people hardly understand?) And if a rational human being reads the Guru Granth Sahib ji - he will not find any point of Do´s and Dont´s! There isn´t a DO THAT or DOESNT do that - there is only the essence - the lord - and how you can reach/understand him. We are living in Maya (Illusion) , but Why do you think we live here? Why should god create maya if we don´t need it? Yes - to reach him - but to reach him we need this Maya - this physical life. And this is like our rational thinking. You can´t and you never will be without Maya nor you will With Maya - so where is the border - How can we compensate? This is the key question - we can only compansate if we take a part of both. That our Guru Jis taught us - they lead a physical life as well - they had children - and everything else - and this is the purpose of 5 Kakkar - the Kakkar were given to us to the Khalsa to compensate the MIri and Piri / the 5 Kakkar are Physical to remeber us Sikhs that we live a physical life as well... So we are dependet from Physical and Spiritual life. And here is the point - A Sikh is a Learner - someone who tries to improve - on mistakes he does-

Yes it Isn´t right - that she fell in love with this guy - but what is true love? She didn´t know - So no matter whether he marrys him or not in the end - she will get to know the true meaning . The love propgated now in our jug is just marketing.

I hope you understand the essence of my message.

I could write much more but I have no time

Great Post Qaye !!! Nice to see somebody on this forum who actually likes Amritdharis and gives Amritdharis the same compassion and forgiveness they would give to all the rest of the people on this planet !

It only takes one anti-Sikh person to critizise an Amritdhari on this forum and we all join in. This poster (Qaye) has the first quality required in being an Amritdhari- Compassion (daya). Nice to see somebody giving out some warmth and forgiveness on this forum to an Amritdhari rather than spittiing out venom, poison, anger, and fury towards any Amritdhari who falls in one of the aspects of being a Sikh!!!

• 5 months later...
Guest Gurpreet

Difficult Situation..!!

In this world.. practically thinking its not possible to control your feelings if you r a social person.....

Love can happen anytime anywhere...!!

Our religion teaches us to love everyone...!! This can be in terms of ur parent love, friend love, spouse love anything...!!

If u will try to destroy some feelings from your heart,,,, for someone... it will ultimately leads you to.. hatred for the thing coz of which u were restricted..in short you will start hating god....!!

This person accepts her n became Amrit dhari.. datz fine.... go ahead n fight for you love....!!

Don't make Amrit chakna a punishment..!! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Angel Arora

ikr! how stupid. i mean like it doesnt say anywhere in the Guru Granth Sahib that "you are NOT allowed to fall in love". love can happen anytime. you never know!. . . its not a big deal at all also. i dont get how we (Sikhs) are not allowed to fall in love and do a love marriage. its wayyy to stupid. my parents used to be the same but now im married and have a lil girl. i let her do anything! i mean anything!. its not like shes spoiled at all. i tell her to tell me all her feelings. and she fell in love many times but i didnt stop her. cuz same thing happned to me and i do not wannna let that happen to my daughter this time. *fight for ur love. but dont run away. goodluck.

• 1 month later...
Guest Amritdhari Singh

Bhenea...

One fundamental of becoming an Amritdhari GurSikh is that we are rid of any caste system. So where does the question of caste come into the equation. Are your parents Amritdhari as well? If yes, they should be asking this question to themselves.

May be a better option is to involve a GurSikh for an open discussion with your parents.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ

ikr! how stupid. i mean like it doesnt say anywhere in the Guru Granth Sahib that "you are NOT allowed to fall in love". love can happen anytime. you never know!. . . its not a big deal at all also. i dont get how we (Sikhs) are not allowed to fall in love and do a love marriage. its wayyy to stupid. my parents used to be the same but now im married and have a lil girl. i let her do anything! i mean anything!. its not like shes spoiled at all. i tell her to tell me all her feelings. and she fell in love many times but i didnt stop her. cuz same thing happned to me and i do not wannna let that happen to my daughter this time. *fight for ur love. but dont run away. goodluck.

:( that is one sad post :(

Are you by any chance amrithdari?

Guest helping

Nothing is wrong with Love but it cannot be Moh. Do not be attached to anyone as in the sense of 'i will die without you' but love is a genuine feeling. Also, from personal experience, lust and love are way different. Do not have any rude thoughts at all, and if you love soeone, be it a gursikh that is possibly your future life partner, let it be because love is pyaar, lust is what we got to deter ourselves from.

Another point, some people not all, hardly see the line when love turns into lust so be aware of that. It can otherwise become very dangerous because as amrit dharey people, pre-marital relationhips are forbidden, so whatever happens no bf/gf is allowed. maharaj is watching you, and me, and everone so beware. Though, good luck to all those who are planning to getting married.

I only started to understand the value of being single that is the fact that when you get a proposal and you haven't been on a date ever you will be more repected, so do not look at the current, look at the long term benefit. i know hindi films and all that are wrong, but there is actually sometimes a good thing to learn from them, that have one true love, no other relationships the typical way they say it 'sacha pyaar' haha, but it is right. So if you have a doubt that your parents might not allow you to marry so and so, even the slightest doubt, then forget it. You don't want to be heartbroken, you know he is a different caste so why did you bother getting in this whirlwind romance with him, it is beyoned understanding.

If you have gone against Maharaj's hukam and gone into a relationahip, best thing to do is to just pause everything until your parents talk about marriage etc, then tell them that this is the type of person you are willing to marry and say it in such a mature manner that they wll not be able to force you into anything else.

In the time of kaljag, there are lots of us who are being put off the path, including me, god save us.

There is nothing wrong with amritdhari love marriages, majority of them get love marriages in the west, but pretend to play the "it was arranged card"

As for you, you're in quite the predicament, use your own budhi. Weigh in the pros and cons then make a decision.