Messed Up In The Head

Guest Turbanated

Guest Turbanated

What do you mean by having your mind read? Are you saying you're mind has been damaged or am I misunderstanding the situation?

My mind has been read as in someone has read my mind. Don't know where you got the damaged mind from.

My mind has been read as in someone has read my mind. Don't know where you got the damaged mind from.

So we've gone from a medical / psychological issue to a supernatural / psychic-related area of discussion?

To be honest Singh, going by the symptoms you've described if you don't think you've got a damaged mind, then I don't know how else you'd describe the problem.

Guest Turbanated

So we've gone from a medical / psychological issue to a supernatural / psychic-related area of discussion?

To be honest Singh, going by the symptoms you've described if you don't think you've got a damaged mind, then I don't know how else you'd describe the problem.

Mate, I didn't say I haven't got a damaged mind, I was just replying to what you asked about that particular quote you referenced. To be honest, I've found your posts quite abrupt and unhelpful. Sorry, but you may as well stop posting for this topic.

Guest Turbanated

Bhaiji.... I have had the same problem too.. not the women issue lol but the wierd look thing. I have recently started wearing my patka/keski to sixth form as my sikhi has grown stronger. However living in a majority western area of Birmingham I felt the same as you. Like a lot self consious and like I was always being looked at. People would mistake my identity as a Muslim and I felt annoyed at their perception of me. However looking back to our history I grew stronger and seen how much our brothers and sisters gave for us and sikhi and realised I was not going to trade my identity away just because some people are igorant and are not open minded. Instead of taking anger out on them we should educate them of our religion and be PROUD. What would our father Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj say if we would all cut our hair and change our identity just because of people's opinions??

Stay strong, read our history (the shaheeds)

Take care.

Thanks for the advice.

Mate, I didn't say I haven't got a damaged mind, I was just replying to what you asked about that particular quote you referenced. To be honest, I've found your posts quite abrupt and unhelpful. Sorry, but you may as well stop posting for this topic.

Unhelpful? Possibly, but only because the situation is alien to me and I'm trying to understand it myself. Abrupt? Nah, I think that's you seeing something that's not there - coincidentally which is why you started this thread in the first place. But fair enough. Hope you find a solution to whatever issues you're facing at the moment. Take it easy and good luck.

Guest Turbanated

Unhelpful? Possibly, but only because the situation is alien to me and I'm trying to understand it myself. Abrupt? Nah, I think that's you seeing something that's not there - coincidentally which is why you started this thread in the first place. But fair enough. Hope you find a solution to whatever issues you're facing at the moment. Take it easy and good luck.

Whatever man. I think its kind of foolish of you to say that I'm imagining the things I have described, there was no need to do that.

vaheguroo ji

Even if you change your physical appearance, your own perception of the world will stay the same.

Some questions:

Do you ever hear voices when nobody is around? do you notice significance in certain numbers/patterns. Do you feel that you are part of some sort of conspiracy and people are after you/talking about you? you've mentioned that you sometimes think people know what you are thinking, do people ever interfere with your thoughts/withdraw thoughts/insert thoughts into your head. Do they ever block your thoughts? are you withdrawn/guarded and like to keep your own company. How is your mood at the moment.

Ultimately singh, you had some very good advice a few pages back that you should seek professional help as it is difficult to help you over an internet forum. I suggest seeing your GP. Whatever you do, dont compromise your sikhi

Guest come onnn

I don't mean to be rude.. but sometimes you gotta harden up. I grew up in a small hick town in Canada, where my family was the only Sikh family. There were I believe 2 other "brown" families but they were not Sikh. I went through some troubles initially.. but then I realized I had to fix myself. I could not even go around the town for a walk, everywhere I went people would scream "take that rag off your head" "Go die Hindu" "Go back to India" "I smell curry!" It happened in high school as well, and I almost got in many fights... although I never did fight as people would always back off once I threatened to kick their teeth in. Us Sikhs are intimidating to western society, its just how it is.

I started working out hard, began to love the way I looked and became more outgoing. Now when I catch people "looking" at me its just built into my head that they are admiring me. Is this always the case? Probably not. I have no trouble when people shout rude things, as I either approach them and call them out on the spot, or just laugh as I realize how insecure they are.

My brother gave in to the pressure of the place, cut his hair and is still weak minded. To this day he gives in to what people expect from him, and has no stand of his own. Everyone wants to be "better". So they look at themselves to see what is wrong with them and what makes them unacceptable. For Sikh youth, we all look at our turbans/beard and instantly see it as a problem. Your appearance is not the problem, your mindset is.

Guest Turbanated

vaheguroo ji

Even if you change your physical appearance, your own perception of the world will stay the same.

Some questions:

Do you ever hear voices when nobody is around? do you notice significance in certain numbers/patterns. Do you feel that you are part of some sort of conspiracy and people are after you/talking about you? you've mentioned that you sometimes think people know what you are thinking, do people ever interfere with your thoughts/withdraw thoughts/insert thoughts into your head. Do they ever block your thoughts? are you withdrawn/guarded and like to keep your own company. How is your mood at the moment.

Ultimately singh, you had some very good advice a few pages back that you should seek professional help as it is difficult to help you over an internet forum. I suggest seeing your GP. Whatever you do, dont compromise your sikhi

Yeah, you're right I should seek pro advice. I have in the past and still am for other things but will maybe bring up some of the issues discussed here again. I have not got any of the symptoms described, I am not a schizophrenic. Thanks.

Guest lotos

vaheguroo ji

Some questions:

Look brother, don't listen to this guy. Alot of the stuff he wrote is not paranoia but are actually signs of spiritual progression. Along with these things come the realisations of how awful the world is(we are in Kalyug) and that is not paranoia, that is the real state of things as confirmed by Our Satguru Nanak Dev Ji.

There are psychlogists out there who will diagnose anything and everything as paranoia, Guru Nanak himself said people called him mad i.e mentally ill, but he chose to believe that God was showing him the <banned word filter activated> thats going on around us.

The Truth is: people most likely are judging you, we live in an 'Image society' where looks are just about everything to the fools of the Dark Age. They neglect their insides while projecting a false image of who they are, poeple percivee them as beautiuful, Guru Nanak said they are demons i.e dark like shadows). Bhaji I see how ugly Cheryl Cole is, she is full of darkness but others see her a s light. This is the judging one should do, not judging of the false, image, so screw the dark snobby lady who stared at you, if you do not judge her you are lighter and more beautiful.

Bhaji the bhagats are outcastes in this Drak Age becuase they see the darkness and rise above to a lighter and more beautiful frequency with naam. They sense the shite around with the intuition and inner gyan of god blessed to them through naam simran, seva and bandgi- if you are seeing the <banned word filter activated> of the world, you are not paranoid, you are incredibly wise and blessed. Now rise above it like the lotus flower rises above the muddy water with naam simran, do your bhagti becuase that is all Gurbani asks us to do, dont just read the gyan, Apply it, no point reading instructions over and over and over like the unguided do, apply them

Gurbani says do Naam simran and bhagti on almost Every single page, isn't that telling us something? Wipe away the illusion, we are all nutcases living in this age which is why we are not self realised, so anyone telling you you're mad is a total and utter Fool and hypocrite.