Messed Up In The Head

Guest Turbanated

Guest Satnam

I suffered from mental illnesses like paranoia for years in silence. Finally when I was on the edge God gave me naam, and now I am totally cured. Furthermore I am stronger than those who do not do naam/bhagti.

Read gurbani and apply it, do naam simran, His naam is truth, chant it 'Satnaam'- the Truth name. Paranaoia is believing in the falseness of maya and the 5 thieves. When you do naam the Truth is revealed, in the state of balance you will be able to see what is real and what is not, hence your paranoia will be cured.

Read gurbani, apply gurbani, do bandgi and naam simran, and Sat will prevail- dont let maya win. God is pushing you towards Him, don't run away from his will, flow with it.

Satnam Ji.

Guest Turbanated

BuddaSingh, I have already seen a psychologist and psychiatrist. They haven't seemed to help. I was on medication which was supposed to help me with my depression and OCD, it kind of helped but made me numb in the process. I am now off it.

Satnam, guess i'll try doing more simran when I am permitted, but most of the time it feels pointless as in i'm unable to connect with it. I'll carry on trying though.

Guest Fair donou

Just read this proper now and fact is Yeah this happens to me a lot too its the way i look most prob. Groups of girls staring and saying things under breath . I just ignore them and walk faster in case they beat me .

it also depends on how you present yourself. if i look ''hardcore'', people will avoid me, look scared etc. if i smile, or just have an open expression, they will smile, say hi etc. your clothes are a factor as well. what's on the inside often gets projected to the outside and reflected back to you. turbanated, the bach flower stuff is often better than therapy, very powerful, you can safely use it as a supplement to any therapy, while continuuing with naam jaap.

Guest Turbanated

HDSH, that seems interesting, thanks.

Fair donou, are you serious, you walk away coz they may beat you, I doubt it? Or are you trying to take the mick out of me? What's your post all about?

Sunsingh, yeah I'll give them a shot, cheers

BuddaSingh, I have already seen a psychologist and psychiatrist. ...

Did the psychiatrist screen for paranoia? Were you feeling others were talking about you, laughing etc? If you experience this again, check with someone you trust who is with you at the time to see if they think that is what is happening. You may consider another psychiatrist or mental health professional and mention these issues specifically.

This has nothing to do with how intelligent you are. It is also very real for the person experiencing it. One can be very intelligent, yet have this illness. There is also help to control it. You are making wise use of the forum as a support, but don't let that lead to not getting professional medical help.

Guest singh

Turbanated you will get over this spell of paranoia you are going through. Somethimes as humans we become paranoid and think the world is against us.

You need to get out of this frame of mind. Just concentrate on getting ggod grades becoming succesfull. And dont let people get to you. I live in an area that is full of all different religions and races. And I have not seen somone giving a Sikh with turban a dirty look. Infact I see the Opposite. Many people respect a Turban wearing Sikh more. It sures that they follow their religion.

Guest Turbanated

Did the psychiatrist screen for paranoia? Were you feeling others were talking about you, laughing etc? If you experience this again, check with someone you trust who is with you at the time to see if they think that is what is happening. You may consider another psychiatrist or mental health professional and mention these issues specifically.

This has nothing to do with how intelligent you are. It is also very real for the person experiencing it. One can be very intelligent, yet have this illness. There is also help to control it. You are making wise use of the forum as a support, but don't let that lead to not getting professional medical help.

The psychologist was for the paranoia and OCD. She didn't seem to be able to help. Used some CBT. The pyschiatrist mainly worked on my depression and some other things. I remember this happening in the past years ago and people with me would actually confirm my beliefs from what they saw. Its real man, but I guess I've been scarred by these experiences and maybe extra paranoid now and probably do misconstrue some (not all) of the situations.

I'm taking it a day at a time. I feel like when I am conscious of wearing my turban and remembering it as a crown which it essentially is, this makes me feel proud and gives me more confidence. Thats what I did today and i felt better. Less paranoid too. But then i'm not going to get too excited as i know from experience that this pride and confidence just goes up and down like crazy. Maybe one day it will settle, at high confidence and pride I hope.

BuddaSingh, I have already seen a psychologist and psychiatrist. They haven't seemed to help. I was on medication which was supposed to help me with my depression and OCD, it kind of helped but made me numb in the process. I am now off it.

Satnam, guess i'll try doing more simran when I am permitted, but most of the time it feels pointless as in i'm unable to connect with it. I'll carry on trying though.

Bro what medicine did they put you on?