What Do You Have To Get Fitter?

gurmzz

I'm not sure what you mean by 'feeling muscular' but to feel alert and fit, there's no quick-fixes I'm afraid. As I've discovered over the past few months a diet of fresh fruit and vegetables, coupled with regular exercise is possibly the best way to begin.

That doesn't mean you have to totally forgo treats like pizza, chips, etc., (because you end up craving them if you deny yourself too much) but I personally feel in-take of these type of foods should be severely limited. For example, I treat myself to a few slices of pizza and a portion of chips every two weeks (i.e. twice a month in total). The rest of the time, I eat a lot of fresh salads, steamed vegetables, etc. Hopefully I'll arrive at a stage where I won't feel the need to eat pizza and chips at all, but at the moment I'm gradually weaning myself off these type of comfort foods and it seems to be working.

Diet aside, to see serious results in terms of changing your body and increasing fitness levels, exercise is needed.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'feeling muscular' but to feel alert and fit, there's no quick-fixes I'm afraid. As I've discovered over the past few months a diet of fresh fruit and vegetables, coupled with regular exercise is possibly the best way to begin.

That doesn't mean you have to totally forgo treats like pizza, chips, etc., (because you end up craving them if you deny yourself too much) but I personally feel in-take of these type of foods should be severely limited. For example, I treat myself to a few slices of pizza and a portion of chips every two weeks (i.e. twice a month in total). The rest of the time, I eat a lot of fresh salads, steamed vegetables, etc. Hopefully I'll arrive at a stage where I won't feel the need to eat pizza and chips at all, but at the moment I'm gradually weaning myself off these type of comfort foods and it seems to be working.

Diet aside, to see serious results in terms of changing your body and increasing fitness levels, exercise is needed.

After a year of training im at that point now where i dont need to eat pizza, chips, fizzy drinks etc the feeling of being fit far outweighs any cravings then again i dont get them either anymore lol. However, i do eat like 5 times a day now....If anyone wants any advice on how to lose weight and to keep it off permantly....its that you have to set yourself a realistic goal! you need patience, dedication and will power to shed the pounds! i only eat "cheat" foods such as a pizza once in a blue moon when i go to restuarants or to social funcitions, even then i watch what i eat, i mean u have to exhibit some self control and not pig out....i would say take a hard look at yourself, decide if you what your goal is and go for it! dont worry if one on one day you forget to exercise or eat a packet of crisps lol dont over stress if you miss a training session, just keep on going as tomorrow is another day! this is coming from a guy who has nearly lost 4 and half stones now!! lol....tho i dont want to get skinny now so ive stopped with cardio and im just doing strength training now!