Darshan Ragi making mockery of akhand kirtani jatha...

S1ngh

Bhaenji, I know your dedication and the will power you have to help needy in punjab. However, one have to be very careful when trusting someone you don't know. If in doubt ask any giyan wallay singhs about sikh missionaries. Don't rely on emails, forums or other third sources. Ask any gurmukh pracharak of taksal background whether one should do uuhtna baaetna with someone whose ideology is totally different than panth.If tomorrow I am not getting any help from sikh gurdwara that doesn't mean that im gonna end up adopting other religion.Similarly if one organization didn't get help from some sikh orgs then that doesn't mean that they should end up with someone highly controversial. It take ages to build one character but only takes second to destroy it.

Veerji sorry my posts sound Rude but i was just frustrated. the reason i talked about conversions is because the area they are teaching in there is a high rate of conversion into christainity because christain missionaries offer education and a better life.... a lot of people give in and convert...

i agreee with you..... you shouldnt do uthna bethna with guru nindak but GPS veerjis approach isn't right!!

instead of fixing the problem, trying to find a solution he seems to be bashing khalsa aid. is that the right approach?

i am sorry my previous posts didnt make much sense.. i want to make it clear i DONT support Missionaries but i Believe that we shouldnt stop supporting khalsa aid...whatever problem we see we should try to fix it because we own khalsa aid....it runs on sangats money so..... it is OUR responsibility that we fix that problem rather than bashing khalsa aid.....

Question shouldnt be whether or not to support khalsa aid Question SHOULD be How to get some other jathebandi like taksal or someone with neutral sikhi beliefs to teach the kids..

Time shouldnt be spent bashing Khalsa Aid but In trying to find that someone who could do that seva (once they agree, let khalsa aid know)

GPS veerji sorry i sound really rude but i am sick of people bringing down sikhi causes...they rely on funds given by us people and if we dont stop blaming them for something that could be easily solved by us then we are hurting important sikh causes khalsa aid is working for.

i am NOT supporting the missionaries.. all i am saying is that GPS veerjis approach is wrong!! instead of attacking khalsa aid for what they are doing.....

He should get other jathebandian like taksal with appropriate sikhi beliefs to step up and take up the seva missionaries are now doing...

Just because khalsa aid is taking help from missionaries doesnt mean we should Not support them..we should do something about it!!! We should make sure kids get appropriate education by talking to other jathebandis and see if they are interested in helping out...

We need to understand where the problem lies.. not in khalsa aid what they are doing is great.... problem is in missionaries.. since khalsa aid didnt take missionary problem seriously and still gave them the seva (i understand why they did it (because they were the only ones that came forward)

So i repreat Since we all know missionaries arent right we should talk to other jathebandis and get them to ask khalsa aid if they could do the seva...

sitting here and complaining about this and that isnt the way out!!

Btw most of the books in sacha sauda and other sikhi stores are of sikh missionaries.. in pretty much all schools kids read sikh missionary books for religious studies.. So problem is much bigger than who khalsa aid got to teach the kids.. NOT ONLY THOSE kids but mostly alll kids are taught from sikh missionary...

Like i said before i am not pro missionary i do support you and dont think kids should be learning from them...

BUT THE PROBLEM is much bigger than that...

and GPS your approach is wrong.. you cant make khalsa aid look bad.. it relies on funds given by sangat.. and they take up lot other sevas than just giving kids education

Like i said before.. i agree that they arent the best ones to learn from but then IF NO ONE ELSE HAS COME FORWARD i rather have my kids learn from them than not learn at all... OR have my kids convert to christainity cos they were never taught basics of sikhi..

so yh..... i am sorry i was and am rude i dont know a better way of talking to people i am moorakh.... i dont know how to be talk and i sound like i am talking outta ego but all i am saying is its frustrating to see khalsa aid being attacked as they are doing so much for the panth.. yet we are only looking at their small faults that could be easily fixed by sangat.

This is all I have to say:

ਪੜਿ ਪੜਿ ਭੂਲਹਿ ਚੋਟਾ ਖਾਹਿ ||

Reading and studying, one becomes confused, and suffers punishment.

ਬਹੁਤੁ ਸਿਆਣਪ ਆਵਹਿ ਜਾਹਿ ||

By great cleverness, one is consigned to coming and going in reincarnation.

ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪੈ ਭਉ ਭੋਜਨੁ ਖਾਇ ||

One who chants the Naam, the Name of the Lord, and eats the food of the Fear of God

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸੇਵਕ ਰਹੇ ਸਮਾਇ ||੫||

becomes Gurmukh, the Lord's servant, and remains absorbed in the Lord. ||5||

and let's not get angry at these people because they have gotten on the wrong path. Let's all do ardas for them so, they understand the concept of Sikhi. DhanGuruNanak! and

ਮੰਦਾ ਕਿਸੈ ਨ ਆਖੀਐ ਪੜਿ ਅਖਰੁ ਏਹੋ ਬੁਝੀਐ ||

Do not call anyone bad; read these words, and understand.

ਮੂਰਖੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਲੁਝੀਐ ||੧੯||

Don't argue with fools. ||19||

Back a few pages I asked if anyone had a close relation with any reputable Sikh jathebandi who they could link with Khalsa Aid so that those young kids wouldn't need to be taught by the "Sikh" Missionaries. So far no one replied but I am very sure SOMEONE has to know somebody :happy2:

Chal, the suggestion is still there and I will still help if anyone still comes forward. Discussing gets pointless if we aren't prepared to do anything about it.

Back a few pages I asked if anyone had a close relation with any reputable Sikh jathebandi who they could link with Khalsa Aid so that those young kids wouldn't need to be taught by the "Sikh" Missionaries. So far no one replied but I am very sure SOMEONE has to know somebody :happy2:

Chal, the suggestion is still there and I will still help if anyone still comes forward. Discussing gets pointless if we aren't prepared to do anything about it.

Atleast , they are getting properly fed and clothed and their basic human requirements are fulfilled and Khalsa Aid is atleast helping ... Its a charity org

What comes first to you : religion or humanity ? They are helping poverty ridden people ! By speaking against them , sangat won't support them and then how can they help poor people ?

Singh ji

Are you sure khalsa aid will agree to that? In my opinion they won't.

There are thousands of sikh organizations working in Punjab for providing assistance to poor

and i have suggested two whom i know. Apart from them Damdami taksal runs a seminary

and work in villages. There is Sant Sewa singh who is working in this field.

Can someone ask khalsaaid if they are willing to disassociate with missionaries?

Atleast , they are getting properly fed and clothed and their basic human requirements are fulfilled and Khalsa Aid is atleast helping ... Its a charity org

What comes first to you : religion or humanity ? They are helping poverty ridden people ! By speaking against them , sangat won't support them and then how can they help poor people ?

If you read my previous posts you will notice I said they are doing immense seva. I would like to reiterate that the seva they are doing to provide shaheed singhs' families, dharmi faujis and impoverished Sikh children with the neccesities to live is aboslutely amazing and greatly needed. I was not speaking against them. The only thing I was trying to say is that the education the Sikh children get is not being given by individuals who understand Sikhi, rather by those who are maligning it. My plea for connections to a Jathebandi is to improve the seva Khalsa Aid is already doing. To better the education those children get to ensure they are being taught true Sikhi.

Singh ji

There are thousands of sikh organizations working in Punjab for providing assistance to poor

and i have suggested two whom i know. Apart from them Damdami taksal runs a seminary

Can someone ask khalsaaid if they are willing to disassociate with missionaries?

I am pretty sure and organization who's mission is to do seva and help the unfortunate would gladly better the quality of seva they are doing. If a jathebandi like Damdami Taksal were to come to Khalsa Aid providing teachers and resources to give an education to children, I do not think Khalsa Aid would turn them down in order to continue with an Anti-Sikh group like the Missionary College.

Again my plea is still there for any connection to a reputable Sikh jathebandi :)

Singh ji

sorry again veerji i spoke disrespectfully and rudely.. what you wrote above is exactly what i was trying to say... saying too much and not saying it right made me look like i was supporting the missionaries..

i think khalsa aid will agree to it if we find someone who could do the job..

the responsibility isn't just theirs (khalsa aids) but ours as welll..

we should do vichaar on who could step up.. and then try to get someone with sojhii to ask that jathebandi... if they are interested and would be dedicated then yeah!! khalsa aid will definitely agree.