Wearing A Pug Is Causing Pain

My ear gets sore now and then and gets very raw and red because of the last larl that I like to keep nice and tight to keep the whole pag tight.

I normally put some ointment (there is a medicated cream called Zambuk) on it and put an elataplast/bandaid on my ear, that helps a lot and after a while the raw part of the ear heals up.

Yes. I recommend this too for anyone having trouble with aching ears, etc. The temptation is always there to tie a turban extremely tight so that it becomes a part of the head, but unless you're going to be playing sports, etc., just take it easy and try to find a nice balance between fit and comfort.

My left ear is exactly the same ... Looks quite scary as alot of the raw skin is revealed and it's quite painful when having Dasthaar tied over it ...I put a bandaid on it but tends to just slip off or get stuck on my Dasthaar that eventually pulls my ear thus making it worse ... I will definitely try the Zam-Buk that's available online: http://www.rose-apothecary.co.uk/acatalog/Zam-Buk_Embrocation.html ... Thanks for the suggestion Veer Jee ... Much appreciated!

My ear gets sore now and then and gets very raw and red because of the last larl that I like to keep nice and tight to keep the whole pag tight.

I normally put some ointment (there is a medicated cream called Zambuk) on it and put an elataplast/bandaid on my ear, that helps a lot and after a while the raw part of the ear heals up.

Here is another tip I use , although not sure if I will be able to exlain it properly.

BTW, Zambuk ointment you can get from most Boots stores (only place I have seen that sells it).

When my ear gets very raw and I put a bandaid over it I then get a long strip of tissue

and roll it up like a little cylinder, I then insert this cylinder tissue on one side

of the bandaid - where the middle medicated fabric bit is. Now when I tie the pag over

the ear the thick tissue cylinder takes most of the weight of the larl rather then it

pressing on the raw part (even though it has the band aid over it). This allows the ear

to heal itself over a few days. Hope it makes sense :happy2:

I have this problem, i mean dont we all... :ohmy2:

Ive noticed if you're working and you decide to do a double shift and the turban stays on for longer the ears do take a thrashing.

I have suffered this for many years, and the secret is to make sure the first larh which goes over the head (above right ear) and then the patti goes around and makes contact with my left ear first. So in order to make the pagh tight the first few layers needs to be tight.

Now the changes I have made is instead of the 1st larh which usually goes over top side of my right head and comes back around over my left ear. I tie it now going directly behind the top lobe of ear. So when the second layer comes it goes over the left ear and with the help of the first layer which is tight and behind the ear the second layer is softly applied over the ear on left.

So to sum up the foundation layers should go behind the ears first and tightly so the turban feels part of you. Oh not so tight that your eyebrows raise upwards :laugh:

• 8 months later...

yea I usually tie a round or "gol" pug and my ears do sometimes get red and raw. It usually happens when I use new material.

Make sure you wash your dastaar thoroughly before tying. It also helps by soaking it in water+fabric softner. (makes it nice and soft and it smells great!)

For those who tie a Gol Dastaar (dhamala, or just regular gol one) it helps if you cover your ears 2 times. The ears begin to hurt because the larh over the ears moves around and creates friction.

If you go around twice, the larhs over your ears won't slip around and the ears will hurt less.

Also do what the above poster says. The new material often hurts

I find a Gurmukhi dastar easy to tie and comfortable to wear. Unfortunately the Gurmukhi dastar has been phased out with the nok wali dastar.

Sant Kartar Singh ji, Sant Bishan Singh ji, bhai Randhir Singh ji, bhai Vir Singh ji and many other great Gurmukhs used to wear Gurmukhi dastar. With Gurmukhi dastar there is no pooni or folding, instead you just collect the Pagh together with the hands "chun ke".

For more info: http://gurmatbibek.c...4,9702#msg-9702

For me Gurmukhi dastar is more practical and comfortable than nok wali dastar. There is a picture of Giani Gurbachan Singh ji and jatha. Nearly all of the jatha are wearing Gurmukhi dastar or gol/dumalla.

Rabb Rakhe