Kabir Ek Marta Dui Muwe

When I asked a couple of different ragis and gyanis, they told me not to believe the stories that some make up to answer this question without having to do research about it.

For example, in Bhagat Farid's saloks, when he is talking about a crow, he is not literally talking about a crow as depicted in pictures, he is talking about Kaam, Krodh , Lobh, Moh, and Ahunkar.

But some just tell of a story where Bhagat Farid Ji saw a crow and wrote the saloks telling the crow to leave him alone, when he was telling Kaam, Krodh, etc to leave him alone.

That is what I mean.

Made up stories? Their are uthankas of shabad, which is the story behind the shabad.

Shabads have many meanings, their are pad arths and deeper arths.

But there are some stories that aren't true and are made up, like the one I gave an example of.

Quite obviously you have been mislead. What you need to understand is that Bani has many levels of interpretations. The story of the crows is true, tha basic arths are Bhagat ji telling the crows not to peck at his eyes as he wishes to see God with those eyes. The Inricate meanings is that one is to see Goa with the eyes of Vairag and Vivek.

These are nto made up stories. If you wish to learn them, find a samparda to teach you the real meanings of Gurbani, where the Gurbani was recited, to who it is an updesh and why!