Why Sikhs Need To Be In Shape

most singh's i hate seeing it but most singhs are out of shape, many singhs don't go to the gym and many our either overweight or very skinny

sikhs are spose to be in shape they should be hitting the gym they should be learning self defence taking up sports like boxing yet many don't and thats these our some of the reasons why ppl can get away making osama bin laden jokes and why so many sikhs are to scared to defend themselves when attacked for their identity

why arn't more sikhs in the gym training and learning proper self defence

Focus on yourself, your cliche generalizations make me question whether your intentions are true.

You think posting questions while attacking an entire community by making a false generalization will do anything?

actually i make these statements to help the sikh community

its not a generalization im serious how many sikhs do you see that are build cut and tonned and work out itleast 3 to 6 times a week and eat healthy

how many sikhs do you know that can defendd themselves if someone insults their sikh identity if they are outnumbered or if the person insluting them is bigger

actually i make these statements to help the sikh community

its not a generalization im serious how many sikhs do you see that are build cut and tonned and work out itleast 3 to 6 times a week and eat healthy

how many sikhs do you know that can defendd themselves if someone insults their sikh identity if they are outnumbered or if the person insluting them is bigger

I know quite a few who can, but then again I know quite a few who can't. A good start can be a program set up linked with the local Gurudwara...

It's really on an individual though though really in my opinion.

You are going to get all sorts of sikhs or singhs. Let them be. Can't have them all the same. I get where you are coming from but as another poster said, at the end of the day its going to have to come from an individual.

Personally, I am not muscular at all but not too skinny. I have had remarks from other singhs about how I should hit the gym and put on muscle. I wish I could but my problem is that I am riddled with physical problems such as joint problems and an overall ongoing muscle thing. Even though it would be my dream, I am now finding it very unlikely that I will be able to put on muscle mass and be athletically toned. It got me down in the past but I am now beginning to except it.

Guess you can't really judge someone. Everyone has their own story.

• 3 weeks later...

You are going to get all sorts of sikhs or singhs. Let them be. Can't have them all the same. I get where you are coming from but as another poster said, at the end of the day its going to have to come from an individual.

Personally, I am not muscular at all but not too skinny. I have had remarks from other singhs about how I should hit the gym and put on muscle. I wish I could but my problem is that I am riddled with physical problems such as joint problems and an overall ongoing muscle thing. Even though it would be my dream, I am now finding it very unlikely that I will be able to put on muscle mass and be athletically toned. It got me down in the past but I am now beginning to except it.

thats a shame to hear - as for joint you should take cod liver oil , and lots of oily fish to look after the joints plenty of veg and fruit ....:bouncybouncy:

Don't give up so easily Singh! If I had your mindset (and considering the nonsense my body has been afflicted with over the years) I'd have taken up residence in-front of the TV years ago! :biggrin2:

Never surrender and never give up!!!! If the only issue I had to contend with was joint problems and a muscle problem, I'd be over the moon, lol. Be grateful things aren't worse.

most singh's i hate seeing it but most singhs are out of shape, many singhs don't go to the gym and many our either overweight or very skinny

sikhs are spose to be in shape they should be hitting the gym they should be learning self defence taking up sports like boxing yet many don't and thats these our some of the reasons why ppl can get away making osama bin laden jokes and why so many sikhs are to scared to defend themselves when attacked for their identity

why arn't more sikhs in the gym training and learning proper self defence

In my opinion Sikhs who do hit the gym should do so to improve fitness, however I bet once you start toning up and looking good your EGO and PRIDE increase and you start loving your physical body. You don't have to have muscles to protect yourself from verbal insults. You just need to be HUMBLE and SMART.

Sikhs should continue their mission and let the rest of the world continue on theirs.

Time and time again on online forums and facebook etc I see inappropriate FOUL language being exchanged in response to someone who has put up an insulting video, picture or comment. Whilst these attacks hurt sentiments, to answer back inappropriately makes Sikhs no better than the perpetrators. Doesn't anybody see that they want to provoke a response so they can further humiliate us and show the world that Sikhs today aren't what it says on the label!! Rather than this we should control our emotions and use some HOSH before we use JOSH!!.

Coming back to the fitness thing, if you feel you can't do the gym then go for long walks do some exercise at home and most importantly ensure your BANI is parpak and amritvela is too.

Forgive me giving this advice as currently I am not in shape myself, but it is something I need to get moving on again soon. We should think that if it came to it how would we perform on a physical battle field would you be able to support a rifle, or leopard crawl through vegetation or run for your life?

Humble regards