Gt1588 Exhibition On The Golden Temple Of Amritsar

humgareeb

When I saw the ad's for this exhibition at first I thought WOW!! that will be good, and on the face of it it seems like an excellent attempt at bringing out historical facts, pictures and artefacts that we may have not seen before. But then as I made myself more familiar with the website the organisers of this exhibition came to light - Nang Niddar Singh and his crew!

http://gt1588.eventbrite.com/

Without seeing the exhibition I cannot comment on the contents, and they may be genuine, but it seems as though the drive behind this is to invite people to the exhibtion and then using the books, literature and talks to plant thier mis-interpreted, brahmin infiltrated ideolgy into people.

Everyone knows the ideololgy that these guys have, they believe:

• Sikhs are a sect of hindus
  • they are the only true sikh khalsa warriors (all other jathebandis - taksal, akj, other nihangs etc are all deluded and fake)
  • going clubbing, eating meat, getting drunk, having extra-marital relationships before marriage is OK.
  • Vishnu was the first Akali nihung that they pray to before Guru Gobind Singh
  • That only they know what the true shaster vidya is and true sikhi - apprently it all got diluted by the british.
  • etc

Niddar claims to be the last known true warrior of the Nihangs who knows Shaster Vidya - yeah he might be, but that doesn't give him the authority to put everyone else down including panthic jathebandis, sant, mahapursh etc and spread lies.

Everyone has seen the videos on youtube - of him trying to be a big man in hazoor sahib and then apologising and also getting beats by Uptej Singh, whose gatka Niddar plays down as fake.

What does everyone else think about this exhibtion?

Veer Jee/Bhen Jee,

What organisation is apparently formed by Niddar Singh and his Crew?

I am aware that a Martial Arts event in September is due to take place where Niddar Singh is one of many talkers at the event but I doubt that GT1588 is managed by Niddar Singh ...

Any solid evidence of your claims?

Bhen ji,

It is no secret and quite common knolwdge that the UKPHA organisers Paramjit Singh / Amandeep Madra and Davinder Toor are hardcore supporters of Niddar.

Paramjit can be seen in the Hazoor sahib video alongside Niddar!

When their ideology is blatenty against sikhi tenents, then why are they allowing Niddar to speak at this event?

Thanks for the links ... Already seen them years ago ...

It's good to be informed about such things and be wary but it's a shame how an informative positive event gets dragged into negative politics.

I say we go and check it our for ourselves rather than basing it around preconceived notions about what the event might entail ...

I am not stopping anyone going, no doubt that there may be some good stuff there, but my point was to make people aware of the possible drive and ideology behind this and make sure they don't fall into the trap of believeing everything that is said or portrayed. Do your own research, compare to what Guru Granth Sahib ji actually says.

It's very easy for this kind of event to mis-inform people. Hopefully they will be able to back up their claims from reseach and show the sangat, not just make them believe that they are the only known nihangs left on this earth who know anything about sikhi and shaster vidya (which is total BS). I don't care how good the exhibition is, if they put down panthic jathebanids, gurmukhs, bhagat, gursikhs they aren't even worthy of the dust of their feet.

Period.

I agree with your sentiments and thank you for informing us of potential drawbacks to the event ... I personally wasn't even aware of the things you listed in your original post about Niddar Singh ... Though there's disagreements about a whole load of issues between some Jathebandia/Sampardey on a whole ... But I wouldn't comment as I tend to shy away from politics ...

However, I do like to keep an open mind and learn whenever and wherever possible ... As well as focusing on the positives in every corner of the Panth and other faiths ...

Also, if such events do portray anti-Gumat elements then the only way to find out is to actually attend events and see what the organisers have to say, only then can something be done about it to discourage further events from taking place.

Someone from SikhSangat should go and check it out. I think these niddar people are trying to legitimize the muhant and other hindus taking over the Gurudwaras. They try to say that the Singh Sabha movement that pushed out these people who made ladies dance inside the Harmandir Sahib complex are actually "oppressed Sikhs".

I just saw the pdf and they include niddar's and paramjeet's book. They're trying to change Sikh history and the complete outlook on it. Niddar seems like a very confused old unpard banda or an RSS sympathizer.

I am no fan of niddar, and i am totally against his views.... i wouldnt promote his book... but.... i must say.,..

niddar had a huge hand in the turban fortress exhibition @ the british museum earlier this year. There was nothing anti Sikh displayed at this event, and there was a small print reference to 1984. many goreh were educated and were teling me of their experiances in punjab, and their knowledge of sikhs, other non sikhs clearly showed a keen interest and had lots of questions. i am sure many other sikhs experianced this too.

for those that dont know, the british museum is located in central london about 5 mins away from tottenham court road tube station. its a major tourist attraction. the turban fortress was set out right at the front of the museum.

anyways, as users have suggested, sangat should go to the golden temple exhibition... and anythiung that seems dodgy should be highlighted in this thread.