Gt1588 Exhibition On The Golden Temple Of Amritsar

humgareeb

Someone from SikhSangat should go and check it out. I think these niddar people are trying to legitimize the muhant and other hindus taking over the Gurudwaras. They try to say that the Singh Sabha movement that pushed out these people who made ladies dance inside the Harmandir Sahib complex are actually "oppressed Sikhs".

I just saw the pdf and they include niddar's and paramjeet's book. They're trying to change Sikh history and the complete outlook on it. Niddar seems like a very confused old unpard banda or an RSS sympathizer.

I'll be there

http://goldentemple1588.com/resource/books/

The latest book by Giddar Nang is called 'The Sikhs of Hazoor Sahib'. Why just of Hazoor Sahib? The majority of the Panth doesn't even agree with the marayada at hazoor sahib, yet it looks as though Niddar is using this as an example of how sikhi should be...

What about all the other gurdwaray ?

Rate he's going he might be chief of the RSS soon!

The following is taken from the exibition website:

"It should be generally known that a wonderful event took place lately in the Golden Temple. This building was erected by the great Guru Ram Dass King of Kings and incarnation of Ram who gives blessings and receives worship from all creatures."

So now they also believe that Dhan Guru Ram Das was an incarnation of the hindu god Ram?

The following is taken from the exibition website:

"It should be generally known that a wonderful event took place lately in the Golden Temple. This building was erected by the great Guru Ram Dass King of Kings and incarnation of Ram who gives blessings and receives worship from all creatures."

So now they also believe that Dhan Guru Ram Das was an incarnation of the hindu god Ram?

Can you post url of the quotation posted above? Thanks

Thanks for the URL it puts the qoute into context.

I wasn't going to go after what you posted but before you put other people off please provide a fair and balanced view of the exhibition. Instead of knocking it just because of Niddar. I don't support him one bit but i feel the exhibition should be judged on its own merits and flaws not that of the organisers. Asit acts as a catalyst for younger generations and non sikhs to want to lean more.

http://goldentemple1...resource/books/

The latest book by Giddar Nang is called 'The Sikhs of Hazoor Sahib'. Why just of Hazoor Sahib? The majority of the Panth doesn't even agree with the marayada at hazoor sahib, yet it looks as though Niddar is using this as an example of how sikhi should be...

What about all the other gurdwaray ?

Rate he's going he might be chief of the RSS soon!

The implication of your point is that every book should be about everything??

I think we should congratulate the authors on takings aspects of our religion to a wider audience.

Thanks for the URL it puts the qoute into context.

I wasn't going to go after what you posted but before you put other people off please provide a fair and balanced view of the exhibition. Instead of knocking it just because of Niddar. I don't support him one bit but i feel the exhibition should be judged on its own merits and flaws not that of the organisers. Asit acts as a catalyst for younger generations and non sikhs to want to lean more.

I am not stopping you from going and I agree with you, but all I am saying is be careful of believing everyhthing they say. Obviously they can't come out say what their views really are becasue a lot of people wouldn't go. I know most of these guys and their idea is to draw in people and then through subtle mis-conceptions using their brahmin ideology they will slowly start putting doubts in people minds about how the british changed how sikhi really was, how guru raam das is and incarnation of Raam, how we aree just really hindus, how all the panthic jathebandis nowadays are deluded, etc

The implication of your point is that every book should be about everything??

I think we should congratulate the authors on takings aspects of our religion to a wider audience.

Taking the religiion to a wider audienece is not the issue, it's twisting the history into something that it is not. Why pick hazoor sahib where we all now the most controversial things happen, it's to back up his ideology of chatka, bhang, eating meat, bramhinistic rituals etc

WGJKK! WGJKF!

I read some of the postings from this discussion and decided to pop down to London this weekend to see what the hype was about and I got to say - 'this is something that we need to get down to London to see!!!'

When I walked in I saw this Singh talking about some of the objects on display to a group of people so I decided to get hover around the group to get a free tour but then found out at the end that the tour is free anyway!

Some beautiful paintings, photographs and even old footage of Harmandir Sahib to see. I am amazed at how well the exhibition has been organised. I will be bringing my family down in a couple of weeks, and even tell friends at work, hopefully this time catch the beginning of the tour.

WGJKK! WGJKF!

I read some of the postings from this discussion and decided to pop down to London this weekend to see what the hype was about and I got to say - 'this is something that we need to get down to London to see!!!'

When I walked in I saw this Singh talking about some of the objects on display to a group of people so I decided to get hover around the group to get a free tour but then found out at the end that the tour is free anyway!

Some beautiful paintings, photographs and even old footage of Harmandir Sahib to see. I am amazed at how well the exhibition has been organised. I will be bringing my family down in a couple of weeks, and even tell friends at work, hopefully this time catch the beginning of the tour.

As I have said before, the exhibition may be good and have some new artefacts paintings we have never seen before, but just be aware about getting suckered into believe everything they tell you. i.e. No one other than Niddar singh knows anything about SV, they are the true sikhs, all other jathebandis have lost the plot.

Their version of sikhi in the easy way out - learn martial arts, go clubbing, drinking, have gf/bfs, guru gobind singh chopped bakray in 1699... etc... that's what I'm talking about, trying to twist our history.