Gt1588 Exhibition On The Golden Temple Of Amritsar

humgareeb

A non-kesadhari guy, who has really been getting interested in sikhi went to a few of the talks at the Exhibition. Basically, the main thing he took from the talks he went to was that...Sikhs are Hindu's

So out of all the information he was provided with, that was the only thing that stuck in his mind? Even though he was baffled by the talks he still continued to pay money to attend each talk? Did he not attempt to clarify this with any of the speakers or curators? Out of the 22000 people who attended the exhibitions this is the first "negative" responce ive come accross.

Or are you just making it up?

Here is the problem, seriously more and more stuff i read mindset of Sikhs these days, more and more i think it's divided into right wing and leftist ideology just like in Christianity, proactively try to influence public opinions, breaking people's sharda, creating dubta, duality instead of writing a academic book on it, leave it up to the readers.

You have leftist here: Who think it's ok to drink wine, it's ok to remove kesh from the body, eat KFC and bring claims such as this - baba ji couldn't have fought with his head cut off, if these doubts are based just based on science, i m sure they have serious doubts on 5th maharaj- guru arjan dev ji maharaj shahidi. I am no way equating two personalities, bhramgyani karak jot in baba deep singh ji is one and same as nirgun vahiguroo jot...if the doubts based on historic events, then fine write in a academic book and lets readers decide it for themselves instead of proactively coming here and try to influence public opinion and break people's sharda that's not possible because science said so.

Then you have right wingers here: who are hell bent to make sikhs look like bhramins/ultra elitist type towards non-amritdharis/amritdharis alike, make sikhi look like semitic religions by claiming supermacy of dharam over all..i.e- there was no mukht soul before sikhi came in, all the souls were somehow in some khand waiting for arrival of sri guru nanak dev ji to give them mukhti after giving them gurmat naam, all these avtars somehow came from satan (duality), failed the yugas, they were not mukht etc etc etc etc etc, instead of studying concepts of nirgun, sargun and avtarvad in detail, they play with semantics all day long and use gurbani to pro-actively influence public opinion, create this major dubta, duality in people's mind who has potential to study depth of sikh theology.

I have news for both of mindset, just write a academic book about it. I am sure historians, readers would be interested and also it would be discussed or debated in greater detail if someone wants to be historian, philosopher, academic but you don't have no right to openly recruit your own on the forums(seeking attention) by pro-actively making efforts to influence public opinion. I am a mystic in nature, leftists and right wing mindset/ agenda does not shake my faith but there are new comers to sikhi who are easily influenced like people with fragile sharda, mind full of doubts, create duality than mind already is, with amount of controversial/highly questionable/ debatable stuff they read on forums these days.

Banning such material is not a step in a right direction either as forums are only platforms people can discuss issues. But i guess only best approach is asking both leftist and right wingers to just keep in mind, there are many new comers to the sikhi here, god does not give you right- break's anyone's sharda, or create dubta's in people's mind, create duality than already is,, but if you must need to share your "research" just write a e-book or book, sell them. I am sure people who are interested in becoming academics, researchers on chain of events/historian, will read it and decide it for themselves.

If this insanity does not stop, soon leftist and right wingers will be seen as sales man at the door, try to pro-actively sell you their thinking...and we all know how annoying it could be at times and how it back fires, i generally shut the door on them regardless of how great their offer or sale is just because the way their arrogance approach..

So yea sorry for a long rant, but yeah message to leftist and right wingers - write a book and let users decide for themselves...!!!!!!!!!!!

A non-kesadhari guy, who has really been getting interested in sikhi went to a few of the talks at the Exhibition. Basically, the main thing he took from the talks he went to was that...Sikhs are Hindu's. It only took me a few mins to put this genuine seeker of truth straight and that what he had been told was totally rubbish! He said for days he was sooo confused about what he learnt. It was ashame that i dodn't get more of a chance to speak to him about what other rubbish was taught there - i pray i get to meet him again...so i can detail everything that was talked about in the talks.

With Guru Sahib's kirpa he's felt alot happier having spoken with me..but it got me thinking...how many other innocent minds were messed with at this exhibition. Even Ashutosh or Bhaniara wala present themselves well and talk come across as "saints" to innocent people...but you only have to look past the brovada to see their truth...this is also true with this Exhibition and its organisers!

The guy also said he knew it was wrong what they were saying...but they looked like gursikhs & were professors so he felt he had to believe them - i told him that we all have to use bibek budhi blessed to us to try and desipher truth from falsehood!

i went to a few of the talks, and not at any point did I hear or see anything that said Sikhs are or were Hindus.

Out of the 22000 people who attended the exhibitions this is the first "negative" responce ive come accross.

Not true, when I went to the exhibition I made my feelings very clear. Also, the same day I was there there were atleast 4 other people objecting, some visibly upset at what was being said. This was nothing but an attempt to confuse and snatanise Sikhs lacking Gurmat knowledge.Thankfully, many saw through the ridiculous views being presented to them.

i went to a few of the talks, and not at any point did I hear or see anything that said Sikhs are or were Hindus.

I personally witnessed a Mr 'Davinder Singh' (he didn't seem to be wearing a kara funnily enough), state due to the appearance of kirtam naams in Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and Darbar Sahib being known as Harmandar Sahib that we can't be seperated from Hinduism. Strangely he said the same about Sikhi and Islam. :s

The most shameless comment was when we were told, as a matter of fact and not an opinion, that the Singh Sabha movement 'diluted' Sikhi, however they neglected to clarify that the overwhelming majority of the Sikh panth would totally oppose such a view. It was totally biased.

Not true, when I went to the exhibition I made my feelings very clear. Also, the same day I was there there were atleast 4 other people objecting, some visibly upset at what was being said. This was nothing but an attempt to confuse and snatanise Sikhs lacking Gurmat knowledge.Thankfully, many saw through the ridiculous views being presented to them.

I personally witnessed a Mr 'Davinder Singh' (he didn't seem to be wearing a kara funnily enough), state due to the appearance of kirtam naams in Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and Darbar Sahib being known as Harmandar Sahib that we can't be seperated from Hinduism. Strangely he said the same about Sikhi and Islam. :s

The most shameless comment was when we were told, as a matter of fact and not an opinion, that the Singh Sabha movement 'diluted' Sikhi, however they neglected to clarify that the overwhelming majority of the Sikh panth would totally oppose such a view. It was totally biased.

Singhstah Ji, which talks did you attend? I am fairly certain I did not hear anything like that, unless my memory is failing me here lol.

I think we have to accept that Niddar and his crew have odd views, but the exhibition itself was organised very nicely.

I think we have to accept that Niddar and his crew have odd views, but the exhibition itself was organised very nicely.

That is the whole point. Regardless of huge controversy involving niddar and his chelay for the past one decade by knowledgeable sikhs (includes hazoori singhs), UKPHA or gt1588 are still fully supporting and sponsoring whole event and given stage time to niddar (Example next talk on oct 29 is going to be about niddar's bs).

I am a good friend of ukpha sewadar and he is a nice guy.. we probably will stay in good terms but ignoring few knowledgeable sikhs objection ONLY to please few common punjabi (who are not active nor got much knowledge about sikhi) is like stabbing in the back of panth. Well anyway, everybody has their own viewpoints and i now learned that sooner or later everybody changes their walk becauz of maya, fame, name etc..

Singhstah Ji, which talks did you attend? I am fairly certain I did not hear anything like that, unless my memory is failing me here lol.

It wasn't one of the talks you had to pre book, I just popped in one afternoon and followed the tour being given.

I don't see how you can acknowledge that niddar and co have 'odd views' as you put it and then defend the exhibition, when the whole thing was run by these very people and with the view to push forward those very views.

Singho instead of argue about it here. Go to the last talk where Niddar will be speaking and raise questions in the talks about where he collects his facts, how he came to such conclusions. This man has no basis to his so called findings. Go armed with knowledge and show what this man is all about. People are not stupid they can easily see through people that are trying to distort Sikh history or any kind of history.

And if he doesn't take questions, then openly ask why he is not taking questions. obvious response by him would be due to time. Then suggest that maybe a more question and answer approach can be taken. Every time he raises a wrong fact then pick up your hand. People will notice there is an objection to what he is saying. People will become aware that something is going on here for him not to take questions in the open. People will get doubts about what he is saying And this would make the people to do their own research, instead of put their faith in him. And go in a group, but sit not together, but spread out throughout the sangat.

And Niddar doesn't have a high tolerance for questions. He gets mad quickly, so this would be another way, where the sangat can see, this man is a fake. If a lot of people are attending then this makes it even better because one question can completely destroy his baseless claims.

And if they try to kick you out then another Singh can take on the role of asking questions. They can't kick every SIngh out, if they do then you have achieved your goal because sangat will see Gursikhs questions not being answered and are being made to leave. It will show Niddar as a fanatic, which many know he is, but more will get the message. And just in case they try to answer the raised questions by the Singhs at the end where your all been kicked out. Leave one Singh quiet and he can start raising questions at the end.

It wasn't one of the talks you had to pre book, I just popped in one afternoon and followed the tour being given.

I don't see how you can acknowledge that niddar and co have 'odd views' as you put it and then defend the exhibition, when the whole thing was run by these very people and with the view to push forward those very views.

Because when I went to see the exhibition/art on the ground floor and downstairs, I was not given a tour by one of Nidars team, I was actually given a tour by a Singh I know personally who knows much more then Nidars crew. and so none of THEIR views were imposed upon me. I went and looked at all the photographs and artwork which was done up very professionally.

The exhibition itself consisted of only pictures and art. I hope I havent confused you lol