Gt1588 Exhibition On The Golden Temple Of Amritsar

humgareeb

I don't have access to them, but as per another forum "Panth Parkash and Twarikh Guru Khalsa by Giani Gian Singh, Shaheed Bilas and Gurdwaray Darshan by Giani Thakur Singh and Poem by Dhani Ram Chatrik" all state Baba Ji fought with his head on his hand, i.e. head was totally seperated from body. It would be great if someone with access to any of these could post up the exact text.

Either way, there is no doubt in my mind that Baba Deep Singh Ji fought with his head fully separated from his body.

Some of these 'logical', 'scientific' people people say the neck was cut so that the head was still attached but leaning to one side, I don't see how they find this more reasonable than fighting with the head fully separated, no normal human could carry on fighting/living if their head was attached to the neck by abit of skin.

Panth Parkash talks about the sakhi of Baba Gurbaksh Singh who fought alongside Baba Deep Singh in the invasion of Ahmed Shah Abdali, but I have not come accross a headless corpse fighting.

If the neck is cut, but the jugular and windpipe are still intact, it is possible for someone to stem the bleeding with pressure, overcome the pain and continue for a short while with a severe wound. The neck would be held so that movement would not whiplash the neck. This makes much more reasonable sense then a headless corpse fighting. For the purpose of story telling, it is probably easier to say that their head was separated, making it a more memorable story.

I appreciate that people have grown up with this story and any difference in opinion will make people emotional, however it is not my intention to upset anyone.

The fact that baba deep singh fought valiantly with a a khanda which most people can't even pick up in one hand shows that he was a far greater being that any of us. Whether you 'logically thinking RSS infiltrated scientists' want to belive that his head was severed or not makes no difference to me. Furthermore, the more important point is that Guru Sahib is an all prevading power which can make anything possible. It makes that clear in Gurbani time and time again. If we don't accept that as the truth then it's our own shortcomings.

Gurbani = truth!! That's all you need to know - all else is false!

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਾਵੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਾਸ ਤੇ ਰਾਖੈ ||

If it pleases God, the body is preserved, even without the breath of life. (SGSS 277)

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਾਰਿ ਜੀਵਾਲੈ ||

My True Guru kills and revives. (SGSS 1142)

ਆਪੇ ਮਾਰਿ ਜੀਵਾਲੇ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਈ ||

He Himself kills, and gives life; there is no other at all. (SGSS 1069)

In addition:

• There are gurdwaras / historical places to mark where Baba deep Singh drew the line, where is head came off, where his sees was bhet - FACT!
  • Panja Sahib marks where Guru Nanak stopped the rock - FACT!
  • Reethas from only one tree in the whole world are sweet, where Guru Nanak Sahib visited. All aother Reethay are naturally not sweet. - FACT!

Science would find these all illogical. Sikhi is far ahead of Science and always will be, because its the truth!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following passage from Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh's writing (Translated by Kulbir Singh), should dispel all doubts about what happened at the time of Shaheedi of Baba Deep Singh jee:

Original Text: ਏਹੀ ਕਾਰਨ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸ਼ਤਰੂ ਦਲ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਜਿਸ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੂੰ ਭੀ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਦਸਮੇਸ਼ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਤੀਰ ਵਿੰਨਦਾ ਸੀ, ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਸੁਆਦ ਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਸੀ, ਪੀੜ ਨਹੀਂ ਸੀ ਪ੍ਰਤੀਤ ਹੁੰਦੀ, ਸਗੋਂ ਵਾਹ ਵਾਹ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਅਮਰ ਅਨੰਦੀ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਸੀ। ਭਾਵੇਂ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਹੋਵੇ ਭਾਵੇਂ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ। ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਬਾਬਾ ਦੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਖੰਡੇ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਹੀਦੀ ਰਸ ਚਖਕੇ ਵੈਰ ਵਿਰੋਧ ਦੀ ਅਗਨੀ ਨਾਲ ਸੜੇ ਹੋਏ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਭੀ ਸੀਤਲ ਅਤੇ ਸ਼ਾਤ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸਨ। ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਬਾਬੇ ਦਾ ਸੀਸ ਧੜ ਤੋਂ ਉਤਰਿ ਗਇਆ ਹੈ, ਨਾਮ ਦਿਆਂ ਰੰਗਾਂ ਸਹਿਤ ਲਾਲੋ ਲਾਲ ਹਸਮੁਖੀ ਚੇਹਰੇ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਾਂਤ ਮਈ ਨੂਰ ਜਿਉਂ ਕਾ ਤਿਉਂ ਦਗ ਦਗ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਸੀਸ ਧੜ ਦੀ ਬਾਜ਼ੀ ਵਿਚ ਸੁਰਖਰੂ ਹੋ ਚੁਕੇ ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਬਾਬੇ ਦਾ ਸੀਸ, ਬਾਬੇ ਦੀ ਬਾਂਵੀ ਭੁਜਾ ਉਤੇ ਬ੍ਰਾਜਮਾਨ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਸ਼ਹੀਦੀ ਪਿੜ ਦੇ ਖਿਡਾਰੀਆਂ ਦੇ ਹੱਲੇ ਦਾ ਨਜ਼ਾਰਾ ਵੇਖਿ ਵੇਖਿ ਵਿਗਸ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਸੀਸੋਂ ਸਖਣਾ ਧੜ ਦਹਿਣੀ ਭੁਜ ਬਲ ਦੇ ਸਹਾਰੇ ਖੰਡਾ ਉਲਾਰ ਉਲਾਰ ਕੇ ਸੈਕੜਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਪਾਰ ਬੁਲਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ। ਨਹੀਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਸ਼ਹੀਦੀ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਰਬਤ ਚਖਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ। ਅਤੇ ਤਿਨ ਮੀਲ ਲਗਾਤਾਰ ਇਸੇ ਬਹਾਰ ਬੱਝੀ ਤੁਰੀ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਸਾਰ ਏਹ ਨਿਕਲਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਟਿੱਡੀ ਦਲ ਸ਼ਤਰੂਆਂ ਦੀ ਫੌਜ ਇਕ ਆਣ ਵਿਚ ਖੇਰੂ ਖੇਰੂ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ। (Gurmat Bibek page 146)

Humble Translation: This is the reason that whoever from the enemy side got shot by Siri Dasmesh jee's arrow, used to feel bliss and did not used to feel pain; rather doing Vaah Vaah, he (the enemy) used to receive everlasting bliss. It did not matter if he was a Hindu or a Muslim. After tasting the Khanda (double-edged sword) of Shaheed Baba Deep Singh jee, the hearts that used to burn in the fire of enmity and opposition, used to become cool and peaceful. The head of Shaheed Baba jee has gotten severed from the body but the happy (hasmukhi) face, imbued in the divine colours of Naam, is still shining exactly as before. After becoming free from test of life, the head of Shaheed Baba, while resting on the palm of left hand, is becoming blissful watching the attacks of players of the Shaheedi-battlefield; and with the support of right arm of the headless body (of Baba jee) the Khanda is moving and killing hundreds. No no, it is having them drink the Sharbat (sweet drink) of martyrdom. And this spring-like scene continues for 3 miles and the result of this (miracle) is that the army of the enemy is destroyed.

Vichaar: The above passage makes it clear that Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee believed that Baba Deep Singh jee's head fully got severed from the body and Baba jee actually held his fallen head with his left hand and with his right hand he continued to slaughter the enemy. Whoever got hit by Baba jee's Khanda did not feel pain but felt peace and tranquility. Second thing is that Bhai Sahib has written that whoever died through hands of Baba jee did not die but attained martyrdom. This is a great concept that is unique to Sikhi.

Bhul chuk dee Muaafi jee.

Kulbir Singh

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest Ksingh5

The fact that baba deep singh fought valiantly with a a khanda which most people can't even pick up in one hand shows that he was a far greater being that any of us. Whether you 'logically thinking RSS infiltrated scientists' want to belive that his head was severed or not makes no difference to me. Furthermore, the more important point is that Guru Sahib is an all prevading power which can make anything possible. It makes that clear in Gurbani time and time again. If we don't accept that as the truth then it's our own shortcomings.

Gurbani = truth!! That's all you need to know - all else is false!

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਾਵੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਾਸ ਤੇ ਰਾਖੈ ||

If it pleases God, the body is preserved, even without the breath of life. (SGSS 277)

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਾਰਿ ਜੀਵਾਲੈ ||

My True Guru kills and revives. (SGSS 1142)

ਆਪੇ ਮਾਰਿ ਜੀਵਾਲੇ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਈ ||

He Himself kills, and gives life; there is no other at all. (SGSS 1069)

In addition:

• There are gurdwaras / historical places to mark where Baba deep Singh drew the line, where is head came off, where his sees was bhet - FACT!
  • Panja Sahib marks where Guru Nanak stopped the rock - FACT!
  • Reethas from only one tree in the whole world are sweet, where Guru Nanak Sahib visited. All aother Reethay are naturally not sweet. - FACT!

Science would find these all illogical. Sikhi is far ahead of Science and always will be, because its the truth!

The following passage from Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh's writing (Translated by Kulbir Singh), should dispel all doubts about what happened at the time of Shaheedi of Baba Deep Singh jee:

Original Text: ਏਹੀ ਕਾਰਨ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸ਼ਤਰੂ ਦਲ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਜਿਸ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੂੰ ਭੀ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਦਸਮੇਸ਼ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਤੀਰ ਵਿੰਨਦਾ ਸੀ, ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਸੁਆਦ ਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਸੀ, ਪੀੜ ਨਹੀਂ ਸੀ ਪ੍ਰਤੀਤ ਹੁੰਦੀ, ਸਗੋਂ ਵਾਹ ਵਾਹ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਅਮਰ ਅਨੰਦੀ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਸੀ। ਭਾਵੇਂ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਹੋਵੇ ਭਾਵੇਂ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ। ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਬਾਬਾ ਦੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਖੰਡੇ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਹੀਦੀ ਰਸ ਚਖਕੇ ਵੈਰ ਵਿਰੋਧ ਦੀ ਅਗਨੀ ਨਾਲ ਸੜੇ ਹੋਏ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਭੀ ਸੀਤਲ ਅਤੇ ਸ਼ਾਤ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸਨ। ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਬਾਬੇ ਦਾ ਸੀਸ ਧੜ ਤੋਂ ਉਤਰਿ ਗਇਆ ਹੈ, ਨਾਮ ਦਿਆਂ ਰੰਗਾਂ ਸਹਿਤ ਲਾਲੋ ਲਾਲ ਹਸਮੁਖੀ ਚੇਹਰੇ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਾਂਤ ਮਈ ਨੂਰ ਜਿਉਂ ਕਾ ਤਿਉਂ ਦਗ ਦਗ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਸੀਸ ਧੜ ਦੀ ਬਾਜ਼ੀ ਵਿਚ ਸੁਰਖਰੂ ਹੋ ਚੁਕੇ ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਬਾਬੇ ਦਾ ਸੀਸ, ਬਾਬੇ ਦੀ ਬਾਂਵੀ ਭੁਜਾ ਉਤੇ ਬ੍ਰਾਜਮਾਨ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਸ਼ਹੀਦੀ ਪਿੜ ਦੇ ਖਿਡਾਰੀਆਂ ਦੇ ਹੱਲੇ ਦਾ ਨਜ਼ਾਰਾ ਵੇਖਿ ਵੇਖਿ ਵਿਗਸ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਸੀਸੋਂ ਸਖਣਾ ਧੜ ਦਹਿਣੀ ਭੁਜ ਬਲ ਦੇ ਸਹਾਰੇ ਖੰਡਾ ਉਲਾਰ ਉਲਾਰ ਕੇ ਸੈਕੜਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਪਾਰ ਬੁਲਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ। ਨਹੀਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਸ਼ਹੀਦੀ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਰਬਤ ਚਖਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ। ਅਤੇ ਤਿਨ ਮੀਲ ਲਗਾਤਾਰ ਇਸੇ ਬਹਾਰ ਬੱਝੀ ਤੁਰੀ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਸਾਰ ਏਹ ਨਿਕਲਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਟਿੱਡੀ ਦਲ ਸ਼ਤਰੂਆਂ ਦੀ ਫੌਜ ਇਕ ਆਣ ਵਿਚ ਖੇਰੂ ਖੇਰੂ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ। (Gurmat Bibek page 146)

Humble Translation: This is the reason that whoever from the enemy side got shot by Siri Dasmesh jee's arrow, used to feel bliss and did not used to feel pain; rather doing Vaah Vaah, he (the enemy) used to receive everlasting bliss. It did not matter if he was a Hindu or a Muslim. After tasting the Khanda (double-edged sword) of Shaheed Baba Deep Singh jee, the hearts that used to burn in the fire of enmity and opposition, used to become cool and peaceful. The head of Shaheed Baba jee has gotten severed from the body but the happy (hasmukhi) face, imbued in the divine colours of Naam, is still shining exactly as before. After becoming free from test of life, the head of Shaheed Baba, while resting on the palm of left hand, is becoming blissful watching the attacks of players of the Shaheedi-battlefield; and with the support of right arm of the headless body (of Baba jee) the Khanda is moving and killing hundreds. No no, it is having them drink the Sharbat (sweet drink) of martyrdom. And this spring-like scene continues for 3 miles and the result of this (miracle) is that the army of the enemy is destroyed.

Vichaar: The above passage makes it clear that Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee believed that Baba Deep Singh jee's head fully got severed from the body and Baba jee actually held his fallen head with his left hand and with his right hand he continued to slaughter the enemy. Whoever got hit by Baba jee's Khanda did not feel pain but felt peace and tranquility. Second thing is that Bhai Sahib has written that whoever died through hands of Baba jee did not die but attained martyrdom. This is a great concept that is unique to Sikhi.

Bhul chuk dee Muaafi jee.

Kulbir Singh

I disagree with what you have to say, once a head is severed a person is dead.

Why is it, every time evidence is requested to back a story or a statement, a passage from Bhai Randhir Singh's writing is given as evidence of occurrence, Why?

I'm asking people to give some scientific reasoning not Hokes pokes and Bhai Randhir Singh, a great person but I wouldn't call him an historian or a scientist of any kind.

I disagree with what you have to say, once a head is severed a person is dead.

Why is it, every time evidence is requested to back a story or a statement, a passage from Bhai Randhir Singh's writing is given as evidence of occurrence, Why?

I'm asking people to give some scientific reasoning not Hokes pokes and Bhai Randhir Singh, a great person but I wouldn't call him an historian or a scientist of any kind.

Well lets agree to disagree then - cuz we could be here all day! This post has been diverted off the orignal topic.

Bhai Randhir Singh was possibly one of the only people who has written so extensively about pretty much every topic in sikhi, from Anhad Sahabad Dasam Duaar to Gurmat principles, Grammer of SGGS, Life after death , the Unseen world etc and someone who became one with god and had Guru's darshan. In addition, he starved in jail for 40 days - is that logicaly possible? He prevented the jailers from force feeding him meat by leaving his body and separating his soul from it at will - is that logically possible?

The list of things which we can't see with our eyes goes on. just because we can;t see that with our eyes, doesn't make them impossible.

Gurbani talks about god in everybeing - just because people can't see god, does that make that illogical as well?

Guest Ksingh5

Well lets agree to disagree then - cuz we could be here all day! This post has been diverted off the orignal topic.

Bhai Randhir Singh was possibly one of the only people who has written so extensively about pretty much every topic in sikhi, from Anhad Sahabad Dasam Duaar to Gurmat principles, Grammer of SGGS, Life after death , the Unseen world etc and someone who became one with god and had Guru's darshan. In addition, he starved in jail for 40 days - is that logicaly possible? He prevented the jailers from force feeding him meat by leaving his body and separating his soul from it at will - is that logically possible?

The list of things which we can't see with our eyes goes on. just because we can;t see that with our eyes, doesn't make them impossible.

Gurbani talks about god in everybeing - just because people can't see god, does that make that illogical as well?

Fully agree, "Well lets agree to disagree then"

Thank you for the input.

• 4 weeks later...

How many people commenting here have actualy been To the exhibition? If you haven't, your opinion is worthless.

I went today, there is NOTHING wrong with it. I learnt TONNES about the history and saw new pictures and photographs of darbar sahib that I have never seen before.

So what if some of niddars supporters are there, they did a great job putting up a nice exhibition.

There is actually nothing controversial about it, the controversy is being started by you Internet warriors.

Why don't you all just chill and head down there and check it out for yourself?You may be pleasantly surprised....

• 1 month later...

LOL at their recent promotion of Niddar Singh.. I thought they might be different but they are 100% sticking with niddar.. Too sad..

Here's the program details and the picture of niddar posted on GT1588 FB account:

-------------------

The Last Sikh Warrior, Heart & Soul, BBC World Service

1230 (GMT) Saturday October 29th 2011

(Repeated on Sunday 30th and Monday 31st)

In this programme, Hardeep Singh Kohli tells the extraordinary story of one Sikh master keeping an ancient martial tradition alive.

It ranks alongside Kung Fu or the Samurai Bushido, yet the ancient Indian martial art of Shastar Vidiya is nearly forgotten - not least because the British swiftly banned it after the Anglo-Sikh wars. After centuries of practicing its fearsome techniques, Sikh fighters in Punjab were shot on sight for simply carrying a sword.

Now the last known master of the art, Nidar Singh Nihang, is searching for a successor to carry the tradition forward. Ironically, he grew up in Britain, in the English Midlands town of Wolverhampton. As a teenager, he went to Punjab, where a chance meeting with an ageing warrior changed his life. The Sikh warrior could trace his lineage back to the time of the Sikh Gurus. He introduced young Nidar to the secrets of Shastar Vidiya, or the science of weapons, thus passing on the tradition to the next generation.

------------------------

post-10-0-36529500-1319141332_thumb.jpg

There is actually nothing controversial about it, the controversy is being started by you Internet warriors.

A non-kesadhari guy, who has really been getting interested in sikhi went to a few of the talks at the Exhibition. Basically, the main thing he took from the talks he went to was that...Sikhs are Hindu's. It only took me a few mins to put this genuine seeker of truth straight and that what he had been told was totally rubbish! He said for days he was sooo confused about what he learnt. It was ashame that i dodn't get more of a chance to speak to him about what other rubbish was taught there - i pray i get to meet him again...so i can detail everything that was talked about in the talks.

With Guru Sahib's kirpa he's felt alot happier having spoken with me..but it got me thinking...how many other innocent minds were messed with at this exhibition. Even Ashutosh or Bhaniara wala present themselves well and talk come across as "saints" to innocent people...but you only have to look past the brovada to see their truth...this is also true with this Exhibition and its organisers!

The guy also said he knew it was wrong what they were saying...but they looked like gursikhs & were professors so he felt he had to believe them - i told him that we all have to use bibek budhi blessed to us to try and desipher truth from falsehood!