Shastar Vidya

SV of Niddar is a huge LIE! Niddar used to learn Kung Fu when he was younger. Then he mixed other martial arts that he learned along the way and formed his own style. He came up with a BS story about how the British banned SV. Fistly even the term SV is a recent invention by Niddar. Originally he called it "Jhatka Gatka". But when he realised how dumb that sounded he changed it to Shastar Vidya after he saw Giani Gian Singh mentioning the term in his book. It was easy for him to fool gullible western kids with his mythological harry potter type story. But you can't fool someone with the term SV who has read books in Punjabi and Hindi and knows how common this term is used to describe any form of martial arts. Even modern military training can be classified as "Shastar Vidya".

SV of Niddar is a huge LIE! Niddar used to learn Kung Fu when he was younger. Then he mixed other martial arts that he learned along the way and formed his own style. He came up with a BS story about how the British banned SV. Fistly even the term SV is a recent invention by Niddar. Originally he called it "Jhatka Gatka". But when he realised how dumb that sounded he changed it to Shastar Vidya after he saw Giani Gian Singh mentioning the term in his book. It was easy for him to fool gullible western kids with his mythological harry potter type story. But you can't fool someone with the term SV who has read books in Punjabi and Hindi and knows how common this term is used to describe any form of martial arts. Even modern military training can be classified as "Shastar Vidya".

Chatka Gatka...

normalcatlaugh.jpg

hahah

bhaisukhsingh i would like to debate you here rather then in private convo's and well keep it friendly cause i dont want the thread to get closed about martial arts and different arts of fighting and keep it educational

in the private convo's you said no mma fighter trains in boxing like gsp and anderson silva and proved you wrong their providing a link of freddie roach training these two in boxing

and in the private convo you said boxing would never work in a fight and provided a video but what those mma fighters saying that boxers wouldn't last in the cage, now how couldn't you understand that from that video

point 1 i asked everyone not to waste their time with shastar vidya and learn things like muay thai and boxing

point 2 the reason those mma fighters including me know that a boxer wouldn't last in mma cause ufc fighters are trained in muay thai, boxing, wrestlng, gracie ji jitsu and so on were as a boxer is only trained in boxing and no those mma fighters were not saying boxers can't fight cause they all train in boxing to but what they were saying was a boxer can't fight a mma fighter, they never said a boxer can't figh

point 3 i said that if you read my comments in the other shastarvidya thread and if it was really banned that wrestlers muay thai fighters boxers beat all the traditional martial artists in the early ufc days and in brazil and japan when their was no rules fighting and ufc was banned from payperview cause of no rules and ppl fought bare fist, it was basicully street fighting in a cage and thats were the world learned that their our only 6 to 7 effective martial arts in the world today and rest are waste of time

point 4 you don't understand the evolution of martial arts and you made that clear in the other thread about if britain banned shastarvidya, when you have competition you have evolution what happends is ppl find ways of getting better and finding what works and making it work better and through competition they find out what doesn't work and dump it hence why mma fighters don't train in things like kung fu

competition is what has led to inovation in martial arts and thats what i mean by evolution in martial arts

just like how buisnesses compete against eachother to make their products better and lower the costs like tv's, same thing with mma through competition martial arts has gone through great deal of inovation were the moves keep getting more effective and easier to learn and use so martial arts today as in mma kleep getting lethal

cisco_singh shastar vidya can never be used in competition

satyanpujari claims it has bin used in form of competition which was inviting wrestlers boxers cagefighters to niddar singh's facility to compete against shastar vidya fighters both your guys claim can't be true

Yubacitysingh you need to read the replies carefully before you quote people,I have NEVER STATED THE VIDYA HAS BEEN USED AS A FORM OF COMPETITION I said a cagefighter former boxer and wrestler were PART OF THE AKHARA , these people accepted the validitity of the vidya and were prepared to learn and train the art. Sparring in the form of techniques are practiced, and the vidya when I witnessed it was definately superior. The vidya is training with SHASTER PREDOMINANTLY, and training in the classical weapons is practiced as handed down from the lineage of Teachers as mentioned in a earlier post. If the art were to be used in training as in a battlefield it would only end in fatality or serious injury, so therefore competition is NOT USED.

The students from other martial arts did not come to compete, but were witnessing the validity of shaster vidya IN THE FORM OF SPARRING, as compared to their respective schools of training.IN THE FORM OF SPARRING THEY WERE DEFEATED. They did not turn their backs on the vidya but continued to learn as they obviously saw something of worth to stick around.Nobody needs to prove the respected and proved shaster vidya handed down by our ancestors, especially to someone as negative and rude as you. If you don't want to experience the vidya first hand, and wish to make judgements by opinion rather than practice, then thats your perogative your the only loser. Please don't lie to make your erroneous claims, your only embarrassing yourself , and further undermining your arguments.

Yubacitysingh you need to read the replies carefully before you quote people,I have NEVER STATED THE VIDYA HAS BEEN USED AS A FORM OF COMPETITION I said a cagefighter former boxer and wrestler were PART OF THE AKHARA , these people accepted the validitity of the vidya and were prepared to learn and train the art. Sparring in the form of techniques are practiced, and the vidya when I witnessed it was definately superior. The vidya is training with SHASTER PREDOMINANTLY, and training in the classical weapons is practiced as handed down from the lineage of Teachers as mentioned in a earlier post. If the art were to be used in training as in a battlefield it would only end in fatality or serious injury, so therefore competition is NOT USED.

The students from other martial arts did not come to compete, but were witnessing the validity of shaster vidya IN THE FORM OF SPARRING, as compared to their respective schools of training.IN THE FORM OF SPARRING THEY WERE DEFEATED. They did not turn their backs on the vidya but continued to learn as they obviously saw something of worth to stick around.Nobody needs to prove the respected and proved shaster vidya handed down by our ancestors, especially to someone as negative and rude as you. If you don't want to experience the vidya first hand, and wish to make judgements by opinion rather than practice, then thats your perogative your the only loser. Please don't lie to make your erroneous claims, your only embarrassing yourself , and further undermining your arguments.

lol nice TRY at TRYING to insult me, as well nice try at trying to accuse me of being a liar

what did i lie about?

please provide some sparring videos, you said you attend these classes please record and post videos on youtube or on the website of sparring sessions

cause you will believe anyone on anything doesn't mean im going to believe you and your so called claims sorry

but please ask niddar singh and yourself record and post videos

personally you don't know how effective something is till you compete

sorry cause your easily brainwashed thats your fault but me i actually question and annalyse facts and with shastar vidya their is no evidence to your claim on how effective it is

What I don't understand is, why is Niddar Singh the only person the whole wide world to know his secretive martial art? did his so called teacher not teach anyone else during his whole life?

The truth is, Niddar Singh made up the whole thing. As for the story of the British banning SV/Chatka Gatka, this is the exact story copied from the story of the South Indian martial art known as Kalari.

saddly jonny a few guys on sikhsangat and many others have bin scammed and brainwashed by niddar singh and his shastar vidya

i want to know why don't these guys compete and why no sparring videos if its so effective

its sad sikhs wasting their times on martial arts like these when they should be learning muay thai boxing and finding some israeli commandos to help train them to kill and even take up the army

more sikhs that are trained the better off our community is and less ppl who will mess with sikhs

Shastar vidya is bs. Luckily, Niddar Singh has warped views about Sikhi, hence, not too many people take him seriously and attend his classes. Also his reputation has slid down into the gutter and he was beaten up at Hazoor Sahib in 2008 and made to apologise for his misdeeds, the video is on youtube. The only known recording of Niddar Singh, in anything resembling a real fight, is in a gatka tournament when he fought Teji, the gatka instructor from Southall. When he got frustrated by Tejis spinning moves, he threw is weapon on the floor and tried to grab Teji, only to be met by a slick drop seonagi (shoulder throw), and landing on his backside, which is positively the most hilarious thing I have ever seen. Definitely cannot say that Teji defeated Niddar, but he sure made him look rather silly. The video is on youtube.

Niddar is a self proclaimed Gurdev of a self created martial art which borrows techniques from other styles and merged with his own creative imagination he has coined shastar vidya. Nonone else in the whole world has seen or heard of it. Nonone has ever used it. I know someone who attends shastar vidya classes and got into a fight with some goreh on a bus. He used his karra as a knuckle duster and smashed a few of them up, after which he was taken down to the floor and given a good kicking. Even by his own admission, he forgot all his techniques and lost his temper and couldnt think properly under pressure to use what he was taught, and he has been learning for several years.

The above story sounds familiar to me, when traditional martial artists get their butt handed to them in a real fight, and all their fancy, deadly, killer techinques, all of a sudden dissappear

To his brainwashed followers, clearly you believe everything Niddar says and cant accept that what he teaches is fake, and that your 'Gurdev' is a professional conman. If you want to carry on learning from him then go ahead. Just be aware that not everybody thinks that SV is the real true Vidya of the Gurus and puratan Singhs, and not everyone thinks that this martial art is as invincible and dangerous as you guys do. But if it works for you, then good for you.

To everyone that is against SV, just be assured to know that most of the guys that follow it are brainwashed geeks, that live in a fantasy world where they are dangerous martial artists, just like you get geeks into Ninjitsu etc and walk around wearing samurai costumes etc. Thats what these guys are. Basically just a cult group with a cult following, like the Star Trek Society at Uni or something lol. You wont be able to convince them of their stupidity so best just to leave them alone. Luckily there are not many of them around. When they first started up, they were potentially a big movement. But luckily, Niddars own wierdo views on Sikhi put alot of people off anyway.

lol nice TRY at TRYING to insult me, as well nice try at trying to accuse me of being a liar

what did i lie about?

The claim that YOU MADE, that I had said, "satyanpujari claims it has bin used in form of competition which was inviting wrestlers boxers cagefighters to niddar singh's facility to compete against shastar vidya fighters both your guys claim can't be true"

Again I reiterate I have never made such claims. my previous posts are up for everyone to see. However I have attended classes in the past, being myself sceptical, and the SPARRING in classes with students from various martial sports did occur, and shaster -vidya did defeat them. This is not brainwashing this is witnessing REAL events. I was not trying to insult you, just pointing out FACTS.

The only way you can make a critical assessment is actually attending a class and witnessing the vidya yourself, and if you feel confident accept the hadh thorh challenge, (to my knowledge nobody has accepted this challenge as yet, and it is still open) I am sure you will be the first to be informed if Niddar Singh visits America. All the sports martial arts, such as cage fighting, wrestling, boxing are just that, SPORTS COMPETITIONS, Shaster Vidya is a battlefield training Vidya. therefore not a sport competition. What part of that simple definition don't you understand?