Wedding Venue Advice..

Guest Sikhi544

Guest Sikhi544

Fateh all

I feel I need the sangats ijaazat on the below...

I'm getting married shortly and am proposing to get married in an country estate and fields, specifically in a marquee. 

The wedding will be purely gursikh with utmost satkar given to maharaj. The local gurdwaray don't offer this sahoolat. 

As I will dictate how the ceremony is done, maybe I can help set trends generally. No deejays. No alcohol. No meat. No dancing. 

Also Non of that nonsense where people give pounds to ragi after lava and during anand sahib and give vadaiya like buffalo ranch. And everyone would only get up once maharaj has gone. It would be epic and groundbreaking. 

Simply..

Anand karaj....

Kirtan darbar..

Followed by sukhassan. Once maharaja leaves,...

..only then will langar be had. 

Thoughts please. Fateh

Guest Tavprasad Singh

Anand Karajs must happen in Gurdwaras. If you want do to a Gursikh Wedding the follow maryada. These "venues" are not suitable to taken Guruji. Go to the Guru for your Anand Karaj.

Gursikhs have tried hard to stop this beadbi. Please do no do your wedding at this venue and go to the Gurdwara.

I don't see anything wrong with it..as long as the marayeada is followed :)

Maryada is that Anand Karajs must happen in Gurdwaras. Refer to Akal Takht Sahib hukamnama 1998 and sandesh 2006.

If you want to do a Gursikh wedding then do it in a Gurdwara and help in trying to change to perception of the Anand Karaj. There is enough beadbi of Guruji and the Anand Karaj. Please to not add to it.

Guest Original poster

Maryada is that Anand Karajs must happen in Gurdwaras. Refer to Akal Takht Sahib hukamnama 1998 and sandesh 2006.

If you want to do a Gursikh wedding then do it in a Gurdwara and help in trying to change to perception of the Anand Karaj. There is enough beadbi of Guruji and the Anand Karaj. Please to not add to it.

Satbachan