What Changes Happen In A Person If He Takes Amrit ?

SarabjeetS

Some people said things like sparrow took amrit and fought with hawk .... and some people say that drinking from amrit sarovar revitalized strength of sikh warriors back in days when sikhs were persecuted by invaders ...

So , my question is What changes happen in a person if he takes amrit ?

Also , why khande ki pahul became known as "amrit" ... when infact only amrit SGGS talks about is naam ..

I think the change starts when you yearn to take amrit. You change and want your head and sareer to become that of a Khalsa, a pure individual with nothing but righteous acts and commitment to Waheguru. A Khalsa fights kaam krodh lobh moh hankaar on a daily basis, in every wake of consciousness and even in the sleep. Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave amrit to the Panj Piyare and Guru Gobind SIngh Ji took amrit from the Panj Piyare.

It's a timeless initiation into the Khalsa panth, people from all walks of life regardless of socioeconomic status, gender, ethnicity, caste, previous lifestyle will all be equal in the Khalsa panth with the same expectations.

Some people said things like sparrow took amrit and fought with hawk .... and some people say that drinking from amrit sarovar revitalized strength of sikh warriors back in days when sikhs were persecuted by invaders ...

So , my question is What changes happen in a person if he takes amrit ?

Also , why khande ki pahul became known as "amrit" ... when infact only amrit SGGS talks about is naam ..

Amrit = Naam When you are getting amrit-shak..that is getting naam from Guru sahib and only guru sahib can give you naam and without taking amrit..you will not get naam...In order to get amrit..you have to give head to guru sahib.... and changes that you get after amrit depend on person to person bases and they cannot be explained through words..they depend on how much Simran you do..and how strict is ur rehit..and your pyar for guru sahib..and one change that i have noticed is closeness and faith for guru sahib/waheguru..and it creates a bond that is everlasting and it keeps you strong even in the difficult situations..guru sahib himself, takes your hand and helps you through those difficult times..and Somethings can only be felt and cannot be explained....I suggest you experience it than you will realize the shakti of amrit..

this was just breif..if you want some detailed info... let me know i will provide you with katha.

It's an experience so beautiful and unique that it can't be described by any existing words.

Something that is very moving, that the feeling of bliss flows through your heart and mind, the soul rejoices, the feel of Heaven, the feeling of actually laying your eyes on Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Mahraaj Sahib Nirankar! are just a tiny description...

It's an experience so beautiful and unique that it can't be described by any existing words.

Something that is very moving, that the feeling of bliss flows through your heart and mind, the soul rejoices, the feel of Heaven, the feeling of actually laying your eyes on Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Mahraaj Sahib Nirankar! are just a tiny description...

I took amrit when I was 13 yr old . I left when I was 15 . I am 21 now .. So , I have passed through amrit sanchar .. I don't really know which bliss you are talking about !

Sorry , did I missed something ? kindly explain what do u mean by bliss since I did not experience any bliss or heaven like feeling during amrit sanchar ... thank you!

Vah ji vah sunny singh kamaal karti! Sarabjeet i pray waheguru has nadar that you realise the mahatam of amrit , and makes you a gurmukh from the saakat you currently are - oh waheguru kirpa karo jithe sikha nu amrit di daath bakashde ho , othe amrit naal piaar + amrit di mahanta di giian v bakso!

• 2 months later...

Taking amrit is the first step, you are at this point tied to your Guru, from this point on you have to walk the path. How slow or fast you go is up to you. You have to make the effort, you have only taken the first step. If you expect to see heaven or bright twinckling stars when you take amrit then you are saddly mistaken. I myself found the ceremony very moving and personally I definitely felt a change within me, a change that has been with me ever since, a sense of belonging , almost like being thrown a life buoy in very turbulent waters. You have to cultivate your mind and let it grow towards Guru Ji , you take one step and Guru Ji will take a thousand towards you, but you have to make the first move. If you become cynical and question everything every step of the way then you get tangled and make little progress, you become bitter and loose faith, never let yourself get into this state else you lose everything, have faith in your Guru and follow him blindly.