Gotta Learn Punjabi

Wales85

http://www.learnpunjabi.org/intro1.asp check out this website. it is by university of patiala...browse thru it ..it is suppose to b really good...

good luck and practice at least 1 hour a day..5 days a week..repetition is the key here

Awesome, this is good, you should use this Wales.

Also if you need a good English Punjabi dictionary, then by this: Punjabi English Dictionary by the Singh Brothers

Wjkk wjkf,

If you want to learn gurmukhi to be able to read bani, you need to do gurbani santhiya and just ask your local giani to teach you. Put it also depends on what area your in, because in London I know of some santhiya classes.

Sorry for mistakes.

Wjkk Wjkf

I have this one small amazing used book called "Learn Punjabi in 24 days" which i bought from punjab few years ago. This is the only book suitable for grown ppl while other whole bunch targets small kids... I will be happy to ship it to you if in united states (no charge)... PM me

• 6 months later...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Wales85. I'm also Welsh and started to go to Gurdwara last October. Through the generousity of the Sangat at Manchester they hold lessons at Gurdwara and were happy for me to sit in to learn. It's a bit of slow progress and you have to get over the fact that its mainly children, who are excellent learners, and in many ways the teachers. Do they have similar lessons at your Gurdwara? You would be amazed how much the Sangat is willing to help with offers of lessons and or books. Otherwise there's some pretty cheap and useful guides on auction sites that have helped me too. You have the advantage of a Punjabi speaking partner! A real blessing!