Vaheguru Mantra

Kalsingh

I think there are a few amritdharis (remember reading somewhere) who say that the Vaheguru Mantra is more effective for amritdharis due to it being the mantra that is given to them when they are initiated into the Khalsa panth. Is this true? Some I think even go as far as saying that it is only meant for amritdharis. Is this the case?

Is there any point in a non amritdhari doing Vaheguru simran or should they stick to Ram/Har simran until/if they decide to take amrit?

Thanks

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<br />I think there are a few amritdharis (remember reading somewhere) who say that the Vaheguru Mantra is more effective for amritdharis due to it being the mantra that is given to them when they are initiated into the Khalsa panth.  Is this true?  Some I think even go as far as saying that it is only meant for amritdharis.  Is this the case?<br /><br />Is there any point in a non amritdhari doing Vaheguru simran or should they stick to Ram/Har simran until/if they decide to take amrit?<br /><br />Thanks<br />
<br /><br /><br />

KhalsaJi

Anyone is allowed to meditate on Waheguru's name. For a rehatvaan Gursikh this meditation will lead to kalyan (liberation from the karam cycle). For a non-rehatvaan person this meditation will give temporary naam rass and ridh sidh (spiritual powe) but without rehat there cannot be kalyan.

LMAO. where on earth did you hear this? who says Amritdharis have exclusivity over Waheguru Simran?!

LMAO. where on earth did you hear this? who says Amritdharis have exclusivity over Waheguru Simran?!

Are you a devil worshipper? sant lucifer? ie saint lucifer? is this some kinda sick joke?

No Sikh should be promoting anti-Sikh ideologies / names especially those that praise demons and evilness.

I'm sure I read it somewhere once, I'm pretty sure of it. Maybe it was on this website itself that a few amritdharis were saying this. I'm not an amritdhari myself.

I think there are a few amritdharis (remember reading somewhere) who say that the Vaheguru Mantra is more effective for amritdharis due to it being the mantra that is given to them when they are initiated into the Khalsa panth. Is this true? Some I think even go as far as saying that it is only meant for amritdharis. Is this the case?

Is there any point in a non amritdhari doing Vaheguru simran or should they stick to Ram/Har simran until/if they decide to take amrit?

Thanks

Simple reply: ANYONE can recite the mantar Vaheguroo.

Even if you're a Hindu, Muslim or Christian.

<br /><br /><br />

KhalsaJi

Anyone is allowed to meditate on Waheguru's name. For a rehatvaan Gursikh this meditation will lead to kalyan (liberation from the karam cycle). For a non-rehatvaan person this meditation will give temporary naam rass and ridh sidh (spiritual powe) but without rehat there cannot be kalyan.

So what you are saying is that emancipation from the cycle of birth and death is only possible for those who keep rehit.

Could you tell me where in Guru Granth Sahib Jee it states this?