Why Has This Happened?

Guest Seeking a answer

Guest Seeking a answer

Hi,

My question/dilema is not about Sikhi but about Waheguru in genreal.

Now I do believe and have faith in Waheguru, that he is out there, supporting us, helping us, guiding us and loves us. I still do believe in god and know that whatever is meant to be will be, but I can't understand what I have experienced has happened.

Basically I came to a cross road in my life on which direction in life I should take and is right for me.

Now some may think what I did next is wrong but I did was I felt right at the time..I prayed and asked god to send me a sign (and I asked for something very specific so that I know it's my answer) that the direction in life I should take is the one I think (and I said, which one it is) and if it is not then don't send me that sign and I will accept it is not for me and meant to be and I will move on. I said to show me this sign by a certain date (3 weeks from when I asked it). Now the sign I asked for was to see a lady wearing choora. Now I asked for this at the end of Feb (so hardly wedding season). About a week and a half later as I went to Tescos and entered the car park I saw a lady come out wearing Choora!! I was gobsmacked and so happy and pleased and thanked Waheguru straight away. The path I knew and thought about taking is the right path and it was what I wanted. So I was pleased, then a hour later when I went home I started taking the shopping out of the car into my house and as I walked out of house to the car I saw another lady walk past wearing choora as well! I couldn't believe it, not only did waheguru send me one but two wearing wearing choora on the same day. After this day up until the day I said I wanted to see this sign I did not see a single women wearing choora.

So after recieving my sign and answer I took as Waheguru has answered my question and I was right in, which path to take. I had faith in this. Now after months of believing that this was the right path and I was going to get this, yesterday I found out that what I have been believing in and had faith will happen, will never happen. So what I have been believing in is a lie!

Now not be able to follow this path in life I can get over and move on, but what I don't and can't understand is, why did Waheguru send me the sign I asked for when I asked that if this path in life is for me then show me choora if not then don't. If waheguru knew all along it was not meant to be and happen then why did he send me my sign?

The path I am talking about is about a person, if this person is meant for me, because I have experiences too many concidences that are too much to be concidences and felt have a meaning, which is why I asked for a sign if what I think these events mean is what I think?

Can anyone help!?

AkaalPukh does not work like that. You cannot say to God show me this sign, it has to be like this, at such'n'such a place, at a given time limit etc. God is not there for you to ask of like this.

This is a bit like in Simpsons, Homer praying to God with a plate of cookies infront of him and in his prayers he says "God here is a plate of cookies for you but if you want me to eat them then don't send me any sign"

What maybe you should have done is gone to Gurdwara and taken a mukh-vaak, and from the shabbad gotten your answer because Guru Ji speaks to you through shabbad. All that has happened here is you have asked God to give you a specific answer and you have seen it in coincedence.

Guest seeking a answer

Bundha I see what you are saying.

My belief is that waheguru know's what you are thinking, feeling and needs and wants are. Now if waheguru knows this and knows that if I see a lady wearing choora as my sign then why did waheguru let me see it if it does not work like that in me asking waheguru for a sign. Waheguru would know that if I see this lady it would lead me onto a direction that isn't for me. As everything is in waheguru's control then he could have prevented me in seeing this as my sign? Before I saw this lady I did not see a lady wear choora since last year!

Vjk ,vjkf

I would like to share an experience here. First and foremost I would like to state that this is my own experience and I do not not wish to offend anyone regarding whether this is Gurmat or not.

My aplologies in advance if my experience was anti Gurmat.

When I was about eleven my father used to take me to the Gurdwara sahib in the evenings , I didn't since I enjoyed the atmosphere. I would sit throughbthe sermons not really understanding much of what was being said. Most of the time I would just sit there thinking of school or playing etc.

When evening I was sat in the sangat which was only a few men and women and a thought came into my mind. I started thinking "does God really exsist?"..... I pondered on this thought for a while totally oblivious to the kirtan at the time. All of a sudden I reached into my jacket pocket and took out a dice that I had been playing with at home. I closed my eyes and said that if God exsists then let the rolled dice number be 1. I closed my eyes and rolled the dice thoroughly and threw it on the floor , not too far though. When I opened my eyes the number on the dice was 1. I repeated this process several times by closing my eyes , rolling the dice and asking for a spefic number. In each and every case the dice showed the desired number.

Many years later my wife and I were at a Gurdwara sahib in India. I began to doubt Sggs for some reason. With this in my mind for days I went to sleep that night with the thought that if Sggs is truly Guru then there was a particular book that I needed but I could not get it at the time , so I said in my mind that if Sggs is the true Guru then show me a sign by putting that book in my room directly. I fell asleep , my wife got up before me. When I came out of the shower she showed me a book that had been left outside our door. She was puzzled but no one claimed to have put it there and no one claimed that it was meant for anyone else. I had a humbling feeling that I am being shown something here.

Are these mere coincidences? I feel that there is something more...

The really sad fact is that even after the dice incident at the age of 11 iI went onto drinking , smoking , etc... My hair was cut already at that time.

I am now in rehat with GuruJi's mercy.

My own experience , so please forgive for anything wrong that I have said.

"Sabb jyot teri jag jeevna".

Vjk ,vjkf

I would like to share an experience here. First and foremost I would like to state that this is my own experience and I do not not wish to offend anyone regarding whether this is Gurmat or not.

My aplologies in advance if my experience was anti Gurmat.

When I was about eleven my father used to take me to the Gurdwara sahib in the evenings , I didn't since I enjoyed the atmosphere. I would sit throughbthe sermons not really understanding much of what was being said. Most of the time I would just sit there thinking of school or playing etc.

When evening I was sat in the sangat which was only a few men and women and a thought came into my mind. I started thinking "does God really exsist?"..... I pondered on this thought for a while totally oblivious to the kirtan at the time. All of a sudden I reached into my jacket pocket and took out a dice that I had been playing with at home. I closed my eyes and said that if God exsists then let the rolled dice number be 1. I closed my eyes and rolled the dice thoroughly and threw it on the floor , not too far though. When I opened my eyes the number on the dice was 1. I repeated this process several times by closing my eyes , rolling the dice and asking for a spefic number. In each and every case the dice showed the desired number.

Many years later my wife and I were at a Gurdwara sahib in India. I began to doubt Sggs for some reason. With this in my mind for days I went to sleep that night with the thought that if Sggs is truly Guru then there was a particular book that I needed but I could not get it at the time , so I said in my mind that if Sggs is the true Guru then show me a sign by putting that book in my room directly. I fell asleep , my wife got up before me. When I came out of the shower she showed me a book that had been left outside our door. She was puzzled but no one claimed to have put it there and no one claimed that it was meant for anyone else. I had a humbling feeling that I am being shown something here.

Are these mere coincidences? I feel that there is something more...

The really sad fact is that even after the dice incident at the age of 11 iI went onto drinking , smoking , etc... My hair was cut already at that time.

I am now in rehat with GuruJi's mercy.

My own experience , so please forgive for anything wrong that I have said.

"Sabb jyot teri jag jeevna".

You asked Guru Ji to show you the path. The problem is what you think is the right path may not be what Guru Ji knows is the right path. Sometimes, to grow and to learn, you must walk the difficult path, the treacherous path.

If the righteous path is sharped than a double-edges sword and thinner than a strand of hair, why do you want to walk the easy path?

I think it's sacreligious to ask Guru Ji to help you in trivial ways eg finding books. To come to the Guru and ask should be done with utmost reverence and respect.

Guest unique

Satnam Ji

I used to do this every day, god speaks to us all the time, the moment we stop communicating with him/ remembering him is a moment denied. Remembering him and meditating on him through naam simran(which silences the mind/ego and shows us Truth) is the way we do this. This faith you had in Satnam Jis sign is beautiful as there is no such thing as a coincidence, Every Single Second is a lesson from him(communicating with us) and is His Hukam. His bhagats see every moment as perfect becuase of this, no matter the pain, they know the direction is forward with nothing to hold them back, even if the world is slandering them, they embrace the expereince, detach and move Along on the Most Beautiful path.

Doubts are what hold us back from him, dount only exists when we lack faith and True love For Him. The people who discourage you and say that a woman wearing a choora is uncommon do not realise that he loves nurtures and encourages us every second, we are living in HIM, His dream, for we ARE HIM(we just dont realise it yet), yes he did show you a sign, he is making himself known to you-trust your intition because it comes from the heart/ Truth and with naam simran(done intuitively- attuning yourself to the frequency of naam/ truth(balanced gyan/Him) which applies across the universe) will lead you to realisation.

He shows us love (unconditional, although we murder, slander, rape other parts of him) when our own love is selfish(always desire everything except what we percieve to be Him), we ignore him and feel like we walk the world alone when his Love is actually holding Us up- how do us children ignore our only parent continuously? When a selfish and manmukh(not recognising all as Him and His Perfect Hukam) desire is not fulfilled, we shun Him/lose faith and rememberance- What Kind of Love is That?. Who cares if your hope was not fulfilled, it was His Hukam i.e His love for you which pushes you towards him in the imaginary learning plateau of the Khel. Learn the lesson and move forward.

Pleasure is the disease while pain is the remedy. He wants us to fall in love with Him as He is with us. Why would we want wordly pleasure when it makes us forget him/His Naam (universal frequency of a balanced gyan/Truth)- if this always happened we would never feel the nasha and true joy of TRUE LOVE and what kind of sad, mundane existance would that be?

Now a woman wearing a choora and signs are not the only confirmation of his existance- Every single thing in the whole universe is Him, see Him in the devil, in the slanderer and the murderer and we become nirvair, all loving and Nirboa fearless- as he is all. We realise everything is put into place perfectly so you can discover him(divine realisation). Everyone and everything is a part of His Khel(good and bad), In reality nothing is real we are just false images- the reality is the nothingness(discovered from delving within through the frequency of truth/ God/ naam) which is His true self.

Guest Seeking a answer

Thank-you Unique for your answer.

I want to add something more to this experience/situation I have gone through about signs..

Basically 2 1/2 years ago I was looking on a Matrimonal site for a potential partner. I came across one guy I liked the sound of, straight away as soon as I saw this profile I had a strong feeling inside (intiuation probably) telling me that he does not come onto the site no more. He put his profile up and hasn't come back to it since. Anyway I left it and did not bother try to contact him at that point. This guy was from Wolverhampton.

As a couple of months went on this profile that I saw of this guy kept backing back to me in my mind, I thought of him, so then I went on the site and tried to make contact. I tried about 2-3 times for about 2-3 months and never got any response. I knew my gut instict at the time was right, he did not come on the site no more (or just was not interested!). So I deciced to leave it and that was that. About a month or two after I came across this guys profile I was talking to someone at work and we were talking about marriage and location and she mentioned Wolverhampton. The afew weeks later I was observing a colleague at work and I overheard another colleague that was with a client and he was claiming expenses to go for a interview in Wolverhampton. (I live about 2hrs away from this town). Anyway I did not think much of it but thought it was werid this person was going for a job interview that was 2 hrs away from here and it happened to be Wolverhampton.

Then about 6 months later I changed jobs and one of the colleagues and I got talking and she told me that she is actually from Wolverhampton. I did think it's abit strange and is it a sign of somesort but I though maybe it because I came across that guy and he is from there maybe that is why I am hearing it all the time.

It goes on...now EXACTLY a year to the date I came across this guys profile on that site (I remembered the date for some reason) at work (I work in a cuustomer relating job) I had a client that came in. I had to see his id, when I saw his ID I saw that this client had the same first name as the guy I came across on the site and tried to make contact and guess what the clients place of birth was Wolverhampton. I straight away thought that this maybe a sign as it's abit werid in my work place and I work in a area where there is mainly white people I can serve a man who has the same name and is from Wolverhampton and a year to the date.

Anyway 2 months on from this I went to work in another location and again there I meet and work with another lady who too told me she is from Wolverhampton also. Then about 4 months later we got invited to a wedding in Wolverhampton. (Last time I visied the place was about 10 years ago!)

I started to think that all these events and people I meeting people and/or hearing Wolverhampton may have some link to this guy I came across on the website. However this guy I have found out is now married, which is fine, as, as I got no response from him there is nothing and I can do and I never got to know or spoke to him anyway but I find that I have had too many instances/events where I keep hearing Wolverhamtpon. Is it just be or could it be Waheguru trying to tell me something I don't know. I just find that these events have come to me and as I said I live about 2 hours away.