External Parchaar

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Dear Sangat Ji,

I have had a question swilling around in my head for a while now and I thought I'd share it with you all so that I could get some of your views and experiences. I notice when I go to the Gurdwara that sometimes a Jatha will come from some place and will distribute DVDs with Katha or Paath or something else on it. I sometimes do the same at the Gurdwara too. Now, on the weekends I notice that no matter where you go in London, where I live, where there is a significant ethnic minority population you will see Muslims and Christians (and increasingly Mormons - who, of course, consider themselves to be Christians) on the streets preeching their religion and giving out leaflets and CDs and books to attract people from other faiths to theirs. My question is why don't we do this? Is it right for us to do this too? Did not Guru Nanak travel all over the Arab lands, all over India and beyond to preach to others? Did not Baba Deep Singh Ji transliterate the Guru Granth Sahib into Arabic and send it to (to the best of my limited knowledge) Iraq? Why do we just preach to the converted? I am not saying that doing parchaar in the Gurdwara is useless - that would be a silly thing to say, because that is what a Gurdwara is for (among other things). What I am saying is that should we not preach to Sikhs and also to non-Sikhs?

I'd love to hear your comments on this issue.

Sachin

i personally disagre with this. I know people say how do will we get khalsa raj if more people dont embrace sikhi. Do we want khalsa raj if it means beadbi of the Sikhi saroop. Look at 3HO if we havent learnt from these hippies what more will it take. If Akal Purkh wanted you to b a sikh you would of been born into a Sikhi family.

It my own opnion so if i offended u i was not ment to

Bhul Chuk Mafee

i personally disagre with this. I know people say how do will we get khalsa raj if more people dont embrace sikhi. Do we want khalsa raj if it means beadbi of the Sikhi saroop. Look at 3HO if we havent learnt from these hippies what more will it take. If Akal Purkh wanted you to b a sikh you would of been born into a Sikhi family.

It my own opnion so if i offended u i was not ment to

Bhul Chuk Mafee

Thats a naive comment you just made - why blame 3HO sikhs.

Thats a naive comment you just made - why blame 3HO sikhs.

im not blamming, them sikhi was preached to them, theyve taken it and mizzed there weston and hippies way into sikhi where there vichars are off the rador when it comes to sikhi

http://gurmukhyoga.c...ndex.php?id=324

Wat`s naive about it ? lolol its clear exaple of wat preaching sikhi out of the dharam does !!!

now look at there rehait and there day to day activites and see for yourself

If Akal Purkh wanted you to b a sikh you would of been born into a Sikhi family.

If what you say is true, then why didn't Guru Nanak Dev Jee tell Bhai Lehna, you worship the devee just keep on being a good hindu as you were born one?

Why didn't Guru Nanak Dev Jee tell Baba buddha Jee to remain a Hindu as he was born a Hindu?

Why didn't Guru Angad Dev Jee tell Guru Amar Das jee that he should remained a hindu, as he had been so for 60yrs now and was born a Hindu?

Why did the Brahman that said how can Guru Harkrishan Sahib Jee be a Guru at the age of 5 become a Sikh? Why didn't Guru HarKrishan tell the Brahman to just be a good Hindu? Please remember it was this Braham's (who became a Sikh) son that went onto be one of first the Panj Pyare.

Surely Bhagat Puran Singh (born a Hindu), Shaheed Bhai Laxman Singh Babbar (born a Muslim), Shaheed Bhai Mohar singh (born a Hindu) and his whole family, should just have remained what they were born as...as surely if god wanted them to be Sikhs, they would have been born Sikhs?!?

Bro, if your logic was applied then there would be no Sikhs at all today as they all either converted from Hinduism or Islam and should have just remained what they were.

Sikhs shouldn't remain sikhs because they were born into a sikh family but because Sikhi is nothing but Sach (unadulterated truth). In the same way if someone that's not Sikhs wished to come into Sikhi (Truth)...then they should be embraced.

If what you say is true, then why didn't Guru Nanak Dev Jee tell Bhai Lehna, you worship the devee just keep on being a good hindu as you were born one?

Why didn't Guru Nanak Dev Jee tell Baba buddha Jee to remain a Hindu as he was born a Hindu?

Why didn't Guru Angad Dev Jee tell Guru Amar Das jee that he should remained a hindu, as he had been so for 60yrs now and was born a Hindu?

Why did the Brahman that said how can Guru Harkrishan Sahib Jee be a Guru at the age of 5 become a Sikh? Why didn't Guru HarKrishan tell the Brahman to just be a good Hindu? Please remember it was this Braham's (who became a Sikh) son that went onto be one of first the Panj Pyare.

Surely Bhagat Puran Singh (born a Hindu), Shaheed Bhai Laxman Singh Babbar (born a Muslim), Shaheed Bhai Mohar singh (born a Hindu) and his whole family, should just have remained what they were born as...as surely if god wanted them to be Sikhs, they would have been born Sikhs?!?

Bro, if your logic was applied then there would be no Sikhs at all today as they all either converted from Hinduism or Islam and should have just remained what they were.

Sikhs shouldn't remain sikhs because they were born into a sikh family but because Sikhi is nothing but Sach (unadulterated truth). In the same way if someone that's not Sikhs wished to come into Sikhi (Truth)...then they should be embraced.

Singh thats great examples you gave me and i agree theres been lots of chardi kala singhs who were not born into sikhi.

ok now, now hes the down side,

you get "SOME" sikhs who mix sikhi with weston culture who mix it with hindu brhamin culture.

Recently come across a famous person who married a Gursikh and converted to sikhi but she is vegans which means they dont eat Degh? whats that about

another think its ok to dance to bhangra because it part of sikhi,

another reason a gurdwara in new mexico was serving Langer and they were charging $10 per person to pay towards cost

some take gurbani out of contex and say well Guru Jee said respect all religons, so they continue celebrating xmas and mixx sikhi values

many so called gursikhs alow there woman to dress in weston reaveling clothes.

Many woman still pluck there eye brows even after being baptised. saying Guru Jee said keep ur kesh (hair on ur head)

Nishan sahibs r flown the same hight as there countries flag

Many people not born into sikhi find it difficult with pronouncing Gurmukhi so when reading bani its not pronounced correct.

You prob seen the recent video(on this forum) of VaheGuru Simran and people dancing like its a gospel music

its my opinion baba jee sorry if i offended you