Manpreet Badal & The People'S Party Of Punjab

Singh559

We should also consider the fact that he chose to become a Patit - he took amrit few years back and recently trimmed his facial hair.

And as a patit he should not and cannot count on Sikh votes. He once stated that he would appear before the Akal Takhat if the Jathedar summons him. Well its the duty of a patit Sikh to present before the Panj Payaras and repent over his misdeeds. Jathedar Akal Takhat is not there to send summons to every patit on this planet.

His addressing 'Fateh' to a Sikh audience can very well be a political gimmickry.

Manpreet Badal = More of the same.

First off, manpreet will fight off the sad(b) party's stranglehold on punjab which extends all the way to Ram Rahim and other cults that pay off Sad(b) so he can't be the "same". Secondly, he's more educated than sukhbir and parkash badal and will directly speak with anyone about any problem.

Before when he was doing his job years back a normal person was able to go into his office, something unheard of when you're in that position and it will be the same when he's in office.

Out of the people listed : SAD(B)/Congress the PPP is clearly the right decision to make the first step out of disaster.

We should also consider the fact that he chose to become a Patit - he took amrit few years back and recently trimmed his facial hair.

And as a patit he should not and cannot count on Sikh votes. He once stated that he would appear before the Akal Takhat if the Jathedar summons him. Well its the duty of a patit Sikh to present before the Panj Payaras and repent over his misdeeds. Jathedar Akal Takhat is not there to send summons to every patit on this planet.

His addressing 'Fateh' to a Sikh audience can very well be a political gimmickry.

In politics you take the least of the listed evils, in this case it's Manpreet. Policy wise and dedication to Punjab wise he is unparalleled. He has his major faults in terms of Sikhi, no one can doubt that, but he is trying to fix that as well. Like I previously said, instead of casting allegations on why he wore a kara and said fateh, i will give him the benefit of the doubt and acknowledge that he respects Sikhi and general humanity (not just Sikhs) by what he said and his previous actions while he was the finance minister and how he got booted out of SAD(B) for trying to lift Punjab of its debt.

If a person is honest and will combat drugs, alcohol, poverty, unfair laws and promote education among the unpard and pinds he should get EVERY Sikh's vote. This is the first step, change doesn't happen perfectly in the way we would like it to.

First stop putting words in my mouth. Read what I wrote and stop interpreting.

You seem to be quite overwhelmed by Manpreet. Its fine. But that doesnt change the fact that he trimmed his beard after his exit from the SAD. What does that make him? Doesnt it mean that he took amrit and kept kash only for the votes?

You cant justify a weakness by giving an example of another weakness. Our problem is that we are short of choices. We only see few leaders and rely on them to lead us...As Sikhs we seem to be succumbed to the lack of choices, hence are ready to support any new face.

First stop putting words in my mouth. Read what I wrote and stop interpreting.

You seem to be quite overwhelmed by Manpreet. Its fine. But that doesnt change the fact that he trimmed his beard after his exit from the SAD. What does that make him? Doesnt it mean that he took amrit and kept kash only for the votes?

You cant justify a weakness by giving an example of another weakness. Our problem is that we are short of choices. We only see few leaders and rely on them to lead us...As Sikhs we seem to be succumbed to the lack of choices, hence are ready to support any new face.

The system is like that, i don't think it's anyone's fault. I don't care about politicians, but if what he said is true, he will do good for Punjab.

He is patit, I can give you that, but if he can fight against corruption, drugs, alcohol and for education don't you think it'd be worth it? In the political scene it is really impossible to get a proper Sikh to become a CM because of the state of affairs of current politics. Manpreet seems like he knows what he's going up against (the dirty games and what not). Right now there are a very few honest people left in Punjab who would be able to become CM, most would probably be killed and i do think manpreet faces the same danger.

His weaknesses like I previously said in my post aren't under weighed in my analysis of him, but his pros do seem to outweigh his negatives by a lot and on top of that he did seem like he was going to work to fix his mistakes.

Honestly Singh, what other choices do we have for CM? On top of having very little choices, i humbly believe he would do the right job.

The only party in punjab that has its people interests in heart is the SAD(A) with leader Simranjit Singh Mann

I like Simranjit Singh Mann a lot, but he too has made a lot of mistakes and has dealt with a lot of misfortune in the past which have accumulated into partially defaming him among the voter (even if not righteously so)

If he were the candidate and had a good chance of winning, I'd vote for him hands down. I heard he went through a lot of torture (electrical) in the past for speaking out for righteousness and for Sikhs.

Sarey ithe he argue kare chaleyo lol

hor kithe karange lol

It's good to see different opinions and a lot of people look at these forums. Helps to make sure you're making a right decision in your beliefs too, other people help balance you out and check whether it is right or wrong.