Has Ardas Worked For Anybody?

doing ardas does it work when god has written your life? I see my dad asking god for this and that and I think to myself are you wasting your time? as god will choose/has chosen what he will do for you and others. Ive asked for things in the past but it does not seem to happen mybe thats what lm getting at is there any point. I did read somewhere that you should do ardas as god is listening but really is there any point???

Wjkk wjkf,

An ardass done with a true heart heart and an ardass done with belief in guru ji who are on the throne will never go wasted.

Many gursikhs have done ardass with full belief and have had what they asked for. Just look at bhai beant Singh and satwant Singh, they visited the broken down and destroyed akaal takht in June 1984 when they were still Indra gahindis bodyguards. They felt pain at what they saw and did an amazing ardass in Sri guru Hargobind Sahib jis charan and they begged for Amrit di daat and the chance to get justice for operation bluestar by killing the witch involved. Maharaj then blessed them with shaeedi and they bought Indra gahindi into narik whilst they got the reward of sachkhand.

Sorry for any mistakes.

Wjkk Wjkf

ibrQI kdy n hoveI jn kI Ardwis ]

birathhee kadhae n hovee jan kee aradhaas ||

The prayer of the Lord's humble servant is never offered in vain.

nwnk joru goivMd kw pUrn guxqwis ]2]13]77]

naanak jor govi(n)dh kaa pooran gunathaas ||2||13||77||

Nanak takes the strength of the Perfect Lord of the Universe, the treasure of excellence. ||2||13||77||

The only issue is that it is very hard to become a 'jn', a servant

GURUFATEH G YES ARDAS WORKS ALWAYS BUT WE MUST ACCEPT GODS WILL AS WELL BECAUSE ERYTHING GURU GIES US ALLL OUR DUKH HAS ONE PURPOSE ONLY SATGUR SIKH KO KARAY PRITPAAL THAT IS THE ONLY PURPOSE OF OUR PAIN AND IT IS OUR RIGHT TO BEG FROM GOD WHO ELSE WILL WE BEG FROM GOD IS OUR ONLY DATA JI

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use