Suicide

Guest Temporary Guest

Guest Temporary Guest

For a gursikh what are the consequences of committing suicide?

Do gursikhs get off lightly?

Form my own understanding, well from what I have been told is that you are reincarnated into a ghost and that you will remain a ghost up to the time you would have originally passed away.

Guest Turn to AkaalPurakh

Fateh ji

Suicide as a quick route out for a manmukh and a gursikh should be not going down this path as per gurmat. Only Akaal Purakh Waheguru is the crator (giver of life) and hence he is the only destroyer (the only one who has the right to take a life)!

The soul of one who commits suicide never achieves Gati/salvation as far as i have read and heard in katha although i may be wrong, as such a soul isnt accepted in sachkhand and only runs in distress. Such a soul is only greeted by the jamdoots.

Commiting suicide does not solve any problems...it is just a path to runaway, but in actual fact, that soul will remain in distress after suicide too as he will not be able to move on in the cycle of reincarnation or end point of mukti.

Sikhi teaches us to tackle any problem head on with the support of Dhur ki baani...there is no such problem that baani cannot answer for or guide you through so long as one has faith in his guru! Suicide is not choice in Sikhi!

Guest Guest

Suicide in today society is very selfish as most of the people who contemplate suicide are fairly well off (there not starving on the streets), but in todays youth it is a very normal thought and I my self am guilty of this but u have to realize all is under Waheguru's hukam and those who do commit suicide - it is his will. But there are those who commit suicide not because there tired of life but because of there circumstances in life. It is my understanding that when Women used to get kidnapped by the mugals back in those days, some of them would commit suicide - does that mean they should suffer in hell for it? No because they did that out of desperation not because they thought life was boring as most people do these days.

Thanks for the replied.

Ok I see where your coming from.

Stupid question I know but just out of curiosity IF one was to jap naam just as their about to commit suicide, would their soul still suffer?

In Gurbani doesnt Guru Ji tells us that even if one remembers God at the very last moment he will be saved?

So if a gursikh was to contemplate suicide and still remembered God would they still be given another chance?

Sorry if i have offended or annoyed anyone with these questions, but I would really like to hear your thoughts.

I can't help to wonder about this, this has been bugging me for days.

What if one can't deal with the circumstances in life?

If one was to do a lot of paat and simran and do a sincere ardaas to Guru Ji to ask for forgiveness before committing such a selfish deed and if they did simran with their last breath as they are about to commit suicide, do you think Guru Ji would forgive that person and give them another chance??

Guest Turn to AkaalPurakh

What if one can't deal with the circumstances in life?

If one was to do a lot of paat and simran and do a sincere ardaas to Guru Ji to ask for forgiveness before committing such a selfish deed and if they did simran with their last breath as they are about to commit suicide, do you think Guru Ji would forgive that person and give them another chance??

No as you are taking fate into your hands and forgeeting the fact that its upto vaheguru and him only when and what happens..not for us to take into our hands...

No, only waheguru can decide when to end life, if people start doing this it's a sin. 8.4 million forms of life passed to get the human life. Life is a test we have to pass it so we can end the cycle of birth and death and finally the ultimate mission emerge back with god. Life is hard but it's a challenge take it, study it and solve it, a problem shared is a problem halved suicide it's not worth it, a human will NOT be forgiven for this type of action.

Yeh you are right.

I know we should be grateful and cherish the fact that we are born into gursikhi families and we should use this

opportunity to do Seva, simran, etc as much as possible.

Would it be wrong and selfish to do ardaas to ask Guru Jee to shorten our life span to be lifted out of all this Maya around us?

Does anybody else ever think like this or is it just me....

I think about it sometimes, in fact I always think about death not many people do. I don't think if we did ardas that our life span will be shortetened, since we are here to do good for humanity and lead a life in the gurmat way. We live for our long god has written no more no less and if one was to take their own life early that's selfish and wrong. There are so many people dying from diseases, a lot of poverty in poorer countries they would give anything to live just another day.