Met Police Latest Bulletin

Kaljug Singh

Worth reading all of it, but the Met's own guidelines on the use of reasonable force is especially interesting.

http://content.met.police.uk/News/Update-and-advice-for-businesses/1260269396125/1257246745756

Reasonable Force

Does the law protect me? What is 'reasonable force'?

Anyone can use reasonable force to protect themselves or others, or to carry out an arrest or to prevent crime. You are not expected to make fine judgements over the level of force you use in the heat of the moment. So long as you only do what you honestly and instinctively believe is necessary in the heat of the moment that would be the strongest evidence of you acting lawfully and in self-defence. This is still the case if you use something to hand as a weapon.

As a general rule, the more extreme the circumstances and the fear felt, the more force you can lawfully use in self-defence.

Do I have to wait to be attacked?

No, not if you are in your own home/business and in fear for yourself or others. In those circumstances the law does not require you to wait to be attacked before using defensive force yourself.

K.

That may as well be but I can't help feeling that any responsible person who exercises "reasonable force" will probably be locked up by the very police who they expect to help them. Perhaps that's the cynic in me talking...

Saying and doing are two different things. The police can say you are allowed to defend yourself, but more and more people have been finding out that is not the case and they get treated like the criminal instead. Like those men who went to jail, for defending their own home from getting robbed. They ended up getting more jailtime than the criminals. Theres tons of cases like this.

Im not don't saying defend yourself, but just forget about stupid man made laws, we have a God given right to defend ourselves. All the laws are legal fiction anyway, yet nobody knows that, we are sovereign beings, the statutes only consent to your person, but person in a law dictionary means corporation. We are human beings not a corporation. Whatsmore the laws only apply if you have given your consent. We never did give our consent. Although they decieve us by making us make a birth certificate. Why do you think the laws are called acts? Because its all a load of drama anyway. We inherently know whats right or wrong. Follow the natural law given by God.