Sonia Deol On Sangat Tv

Harmeet1

lol the fact that she isn't married is mentioned so much on BBC that there is no way her private life can be called her own! lol

Doesn't mean we should go out of our way to butt in. Its her problem. If she wants to mess around and act like she's a teenage girl then let her. Her loss.

I've never liked her from what I've heard of her. She comes across as very disingenuous and most importantly, she does not care a jot about Sikhi. For her to become almost an overnight figurehead of Sangat TV, well that completely tarnishes the image of a supposedly religious Sikh TV channel.

Doesn't mean we should go out of our way to butt in. Its her problem. If she wants to mess around and act like she's a teenage girl then let her. Her loss.

I've never liked her from what I've heard of her. She comes across as very disingenuous and most importantly, she does not care a jot about Sikhi. For her to become almost an overnight figurehead of Sangat TV, that completely tarnishes the image of a supposedly religious Sikh TV channel.

From a media perspective and looking at skills and experience, Sonia is a good media presenter and could be useful for Sangat in that capacity, however it seems that all she is interested in is furthering her career and will do what she has to achieve this. Appearing at Sangat TV, when it is in the limelight and expoloting her community are examples of this.

Upinder, is a total embarrasment to the Sikh community. If you had listened to some of his comments, especailly when trying to quote Gurbani and giving examples from Guru Sahibs life, to this local (i mean when considering a diaspora perspective), does no justice. Other examples, i.e. giving shaeedi, like Bhagat Singh and Udham Singh, how can you compare what they did with the current situtation. I am sure Of com, will look into his comments. It was good to see that the owners of Sangat, on a number of occasions aplogised for what he was saying and stated that they did not support his views, maybe will be useful for when dealing with Of-com.

Having said that, about Upinder, he does have potential if channeld in the right direction with support.

I've never liked her from what I've heard of her. She comes across as very disingenuous and most importantly, she does not care a jot about Sikhi. For her to become almost an overnight figurehead of Sangat TV, well that completely tarnishes the image of a supposedly religious Sikh TV channel.

She tries to act as if she does care about sikhi. But then we have our own opinions!