Sangat Tv

BhaiSukhSingh

I dont agree with the bashing of the Hijabi lady or Muslims who have appeared on the channel. You guys are seem to be flying in the face of the spirit of unity and trying to stir up hate for no reason then you wonder why Muslims have the views they do. If you both act like a bunch of kids we will never get any peace, we will always be fighting each other. Sikhism's strong points is that it is pularistic, people are draw to it when we welcome people of all faiths, all castes and races into our community. But you idiots are acting like a bunch of morons who have forgotten the spirit of Sikhism and become tribal. We lose when we bash other commmunities as it goes against Sikhism and people dont want to look at the faith, we can do so much good by preaching to Muslims by the spirit of unity and peace.

How do you think so many muslims embraced Sikhism in the past? You uneducated low IQ non-sikh spirited guys are forever going on about Muslim guys converting our girls, look at yourselves you think anyone will convert to Sikhism with the way you go on?

As for SangatTV I think they should stay focused on Sikhism, if they drift to different and other area's of theology they will lose credibility with the community and judging by the viewers on justin.tv the fame of bham riots is already fading from 1,500 viewers just on justin.tv alone on one night to a mere 30 approx now. So they need to work hard to win back support from the Sikh community with relevant live discussions and programs.

Singh, are you seriously blaming the views that muslims have towards us on Sikhs? Do you not think that it perhaps has more to do with the quran about how kafirs need to be converted or pay dhimmi tax and "be humbled"?

This just seems another cynical attempt by Sangat TV to cash in with its new found popularity, this time by sucking up to its muslim viewers.

Since Sangat TV is a Sikh TV it would do better to promote Sikhi by having presenters in Sikhi roop, or at least Sehajdhari SIkhs who are educated in Sikhi and are not simply repeating the anti-Sikh propaganda of the GOI. All it is doing by having hijabed presenters on the channel is confusing people who already cannot tell the difference between Sikhs and Muslims, and we have already seen this result in the murder of innocent Sikhs in the States.

K.

Singh, are you seriously blaming the views that muslims have towards us on Sikhs? Do you not think that it perhaps has more to do with the quran about how kafirs need to be converted or pay dhimmi tax and "be humbled"?

This just seems another cynical attempt by Sangat TV to cash in with its new found popularity, this time by sucking up to its muslim viewers.

Since Sangat TV is a Sikh TV it would do better to promote Sikhi by having presenters in Sikhi roop, or at least Sehajdhari SIkhs who are educated in Sikhi and are not simply repeating the anti-Sikh propaganda of the GOI. All it is doing by having hijabed presenters on the channel is confusing people who already cannot tell the difference between Sikhs and Muslims, and we have already seen this result in the murder of innocent Sikhs in the States.

K.

I see a golden oppertunity to preach to Muslims via SangatTV to show them what our faith really teaches. Most Muslims i've spoken to in the past think we worship blue elephants or 10 Gods, how are they ever going to learn about Sikhi if we do not get them viewing the channel too. The clever thing about SangatTV for the past few days have managed to get a small section of the Muslim community seeing the channel, this way they can show what Sikhism is all about and how our community is. We live along side muslims in most british cities and it is better to preach unity and peace and show the spirit of Sikhism than preach hate and speratism and make them hate and attack our youth which in turn goes full circle with our youth attacking them. So we have to be wise and see the long term benefits of this new openess and unity.

And yes in Islam you do have those things hating on non-muslims but this is our strength no1 likes a hater, people like people who show goodness. If we can get Muslims to see what good we do for them too many will be drawn towards Sikhi. I know a few muslim converts, one an iranian one a pakistani former muslim girl. They dont convert to Sikhism because it preaches hate cos it dont, they convert because they are impressed by the goodness they see within the Sikh community.

I see a golden oppertunity to preach to Muslims via SangatTV to show them what our faith really teaches. Most Muslims i've spoken to in the past think we worship blue elephants or 10 Gods, how are they ever going to learn about Sikhi if we do not get them viewing the channel too. The clever thing about SangatTV for the past few days have managed to get a small section of the Muslim community seeing the channel, this way they can show what Sikhism is all about and how our community is. We live along side muslims in most british cities and it is better to preach unity and peace and show the spirit of Sikhism than preach hate and speratism and make them hate and attack our youth which in turn goes full circle with our youth attacking them. So we have to be wise and see the long term benefits of this new openess and unity.

And yes in Islam you do have those things hating on non-muslims but this is our strength no1 likes a hater, people like people who show goodness. If we can get Muslims to see what good we do for them too many will be drawn towards Sikhi. I know a few muslim converts, one an iranian one a pakistani former muslim girl. They dont convert to Sikhism because it preaches hate cos it dont, they convert because they are impressed by the goodness they see within the Sikh community.

That's a fair point.

I don't see much preaching to muslims though. So far all I see from the channel is capitulation to muslims for the sake of extra viewers and the abandonment of Sikh principles in the name of a mostly one-sided desire for unity.

If you want to preach to Muslims about the beauty of Sikhi, simply having someone dressed in a hijab on the channel isn't really going to do much. I know a few converts from Islam too, and they certainly didn't take up SIkhi because it was portryaed to them as being indistinguishable from Islam.

K.

Is there a you tube link? ALso what was she presenting, was it Sikhi related?

It was a reporter role she was interviewing some offical. She wasnt technically presenting just standing in as a reporter. Some people here are real haters they are close to becoming non-Sikhs with their descriptions of what goes on to suit their hate agenda's

It's only a matter of time before the Muslims take over the channel, there is a line and you don't cross it and sangat tv crossed it. The thing is the riots have given an advantage to the Muslims because there channels are crap anyway they ain't going to go out broadcasting so now they are going to use the Sikhs in which ever way possible. they will start converting Sikhs making them think in their way, I mean look at all those facebook groups sangat tv and the Muslims have created, it's only a matter of time to get Sikhs on their level. we will start hearing on sangat tv is about Muslims they probably will change the name to universal channel and promoting all faiths.

Sangat TV should be drawing their audience with the quality of their programming, not by putting on a hijabi reporter or other gimmicks. I think there is some pandering to Muslims, just like how politicians never openly criticize the Pakistani gangs. They need their votes just like Sangat TV needs viewers. Sikhs and Pakistanis live in the same communities, so to say that we should completely disassociate ourselves with them isn't practical. You can't convert ALL of them, and there isn't going to be any war to settle the matter.

The Paki youths that look at us like kaffirs and say mashallah and inshallah in every sentence are learning these things in the mosque. The crazies shut the moderate ones up. They all hate that paki guy with the EDL. Sangat TV could play a role in giving a voice to those moderates. Salman Rushdie is another guy that comes to mind. They can play a role in educating Muslims about Sikhi. If they don't convert, then at least they won't think we are trying to drink their blood or other crazy things they learn from their "Muslim scholars" like Zakir Naik. That guy doesn't know anything.

Paki youth go after non-muslims because they think Islam justifies sexual exploitation of kaffir women. They can have their fun with a non-muslim and then their mummy will arrange a marriage with a nice paki virgin back home. Either that, or they get the non-muslim to convert to islam. They wouldn't do this to their own women because their elders would beat them up or they would be ostracized from the community.

Again, the problem lies in the mosque. Cut the head of the snake and the body will die.