Mata Sahib Kaur Academy Is Apparently Shutting Down

JSinghN

Dhal vich kuch kala lagda, actually sari dhal kali lagdi! :s

It sounds like everyone needs to pull together rather than start checking the Daal at this stage. Lets not put more spices in the Tadka.

A Gurdwara will close. The first so called Youth Gurdwara in the UK at that. This is not a time to get gossiping and digging for dirt. Maybe the individual has some problems and it is none of our business. From my understanading he is a Gursikh and is not some gangster. We let Guru Ghars be run by gangsters and we don't do anything about that. Here we have a brother in trouble and we are trying to dig for dirt.

Maybe we can speak to local Gurdwara's to see if they can buy it or if anyone knows any Sants or Jathebandis looking for a place. So lets try focus and speak to people who might want to buy.

Try to be constructive.

I don't think it is wise to speculate on the financial issues, or make any attacks on any individual, without FULL knowledge of the facts. Clearly, by some of the posts above, it appears people don't have FULL knowledge of the facts. Accordingly, such people should not make statements suggesting certain individuals are at fault or acting greedy. If people want to have FULL knowledge of the facts, they should speak to the Academy sevadaars directly rather speculating on a forum.

I do not stand to gain anything financially, though I assure you I do know a fair bit about the law of equity and the financial background of the Academy (directly from the mouth of the Academy sevadaars). From what they have told me, the statement posted above doesn't go into the full detail of what is going on, which might lead you to believe that certain individuals are currently acting in their selfish interest. Knowing the Gursikhs involved, I think this lack of detail is probably an unintended consequence, as they probably wanted to keep the statement short. The seva that individuals have done is WAY more than you or me could probably do in our entire lives. Therefore, once again, I would URGE people not to speculate without FULL knowledge of the facts. If anyone has any questions, please ring the Academy sevadaars directly to clarify any concerns/questions they may have.

cant any of the gurdwaras do anything to help. maharajs saroops countless gutke will have to be moved. this is very bad. this the same place which handled the seva durng bow incident. its part of our history as uk sikhs.

once a nishan sahib is placed it cannot be taken down

wjkk wjkf singh ur right taking mahraj out of his own house is just wrong and as a singh told me once when a nishan sahib is up it represents maharaj it shows were maharj is .

by taking the nishan sahib down is just wrong for about 3 years now the SAADSANGAT have been donating materials they have been doing a lot of seva to make the academy ...what its is now and

i feell very sorry for dose guys who will be taking down the nishan sahib taking maharaj out of his own house and worst of all taking down maharajs palki/ takht.

the academy was something very special to me

why because this is the place were i got the real sikhi from i just felt like home and when ever we the kids wanted to do seva we do it and no one say u cant do that is the best thing

about the academy also every saturday around 60 - 70 kids turned up for a sikhi camp we sat in the darbar sahib for a minimum of 2-3 hours then we would activities like sports art and craft

tabla and vajaaa lessons it was jus an amazing experiance for me and for almost 70 kids and if the academy go's i dont no wat will happen so its a beanti to all the sagat out there to please attend on monday 15 augest

and mata sahib kaur sikh academy 8 oaks lane newbury park.........................................................waheguru ji ka khalsa wahegurur ji ki fateh

WJKK WJKF,

Can someone from Mata Sahib Kaur Ji Academy PLEASE update the situation. I am not thinking bad off anyone but there was lots of people posting on this site from the academy when there was a financial crisis. I like many thousands donated something so can someone from there give an offical statement.

Please cyber sangat before thinking the worse of someone who has helped contribute to the immense seva in East London's Sikh Youth lets hear there side first. I can vouch for one thing which is the academy was helping in the community before members starting posting with regards to it's financial problems. One thing I remember which inspired me to pay a visit was how they were helping provide clothing and assitance to the homeless & less well off last winter. (They were mainly from Punjab),

With Than Than Than Mata Sahib Kaur Ji's kirpaa... Many singhs & Singhni got together these past couple of days & the academy will NOT be shutting down on Monday 15th August 2011

With Gods grace there will be an Akand Path on Friday 19th August 2011 : Bhog: Sunday 12st August

Please all sangat get Than Than Than akaal purakh waheguru's Dashen as this will be " The last Akand path "

But this is all up to waheguru beacause everything is in Gods hands !