Mata Sahib Kaur Academy Is Apparently Shutting Down

JSinghN

I've always found the academy sevadars very welcoming and also very forthcoming when asked directly about the situation with regards to the academy. Again there is alot of hearsay a meeting must take place where all of the sangats questions can be answered. What annoys me is that they keep telling everyone theres a problem at the last minute i.e. a week before it was meant to shut down. Surely they should of contacted the sangat in plenty of time before this?

Even though the loan has not been paid off they have totally renovated the building, with new kitchens, we used to sit on the floors to do the cook at the beginning, new toilets, new sports hall, new langar hall, new computer room, with all sorts of facilities. etc... everyone is just exhausted I think, one person cannot do everything. if it is a registered charity, then surely the charity commission must have some involvement in the decision making and it does need legally to have a treasurer, secretary, and chair. One may hates committees but it is the law of this land that all registered charities have accounts publicised. There is funding from various sources they can tap into, it is clear that Soho Road Gurdwara has tapped into public available funds. Unless they make the accounts clear they cannot tap into public funds. I do not go there much now but still :-( :-( heart broken

So we are just suppose to take your word for it? While I have nothing against you personally, that does not sit well with me. If you make a claim on a public forum, you should provide direct evidence to support your claim.

No, I cannot prove the conversation I have had. I did not have any intention to disclose it, as you can see I have been a member for a few years but only posted now. In this thread there were a lot of questions in regard to the owner, and a lot of misinformation. Some of the information can be garnered from the previous thread in regard to the academy. logically why would a Gursikh want to take the keys off the 'sevadars' if his loan were being repaid, not just the interest, and face the shame within the community. Brother/Sister you don't need to take my word, think about it logically, and ask the academy where are the funds that were collected to apparently repay the loan.

As I said the potential closure is shameful for the Sikh community, but as the academy's running/ ownership/ finances have generally been kept from the wider community it has lead to some mistrust locally and hence the lack of finance. I shall try and avoid saying anymore on the subject.

No, I cannot prove the conversation I have had. I did not have any intention to disclose it, as you can see I have been a member for a few years but only posted now. In this thread there were a lot of questions in regard to the owner, and a lot of misinformation. Some of the information can be garnered from the previous thread in regard to the academy. logically why would a Gursikh want to take the keys off the 'sevadars' if his loan were being repaid, not just the interest, and face the shame within the community. Brother/Sister you don't need to take my word, think about it logically, and ask the academy where are the funds that were collected to apparently repay the loan.

As I said the potential closure is shameful for the Sikh community, but as the academy's running/ ownership/ finances have generally been kept from the wider community it has lead to some mistrust locally and hence the lack of finance. I shall try and avoid saying anymore on the subject.

Are the Academys account on-line anywhere ? Can the locals pls comment about any mistrust of the Academy management.

it just gets better and better doesn't it/

academy sevadars from what i understand are the current youth not some old uncles which form majority of the committtees up and down the country.So why the discrepancy?? from current educated youth of today???

If the case is as truthsikher says accounts kept private, and loan not paid at all with sangats donations - then I'LL BE THE FIRST TO ASK FOR MY MONEY BACK- of which i have contributed over the course of the year on a monthly basis, anyone else care to join me?