International Panthic Dal - Official Statement

PanthicDal

The Sikh Federation Uk have been in this space for a number of years already. From what I understand recently thay have:-

* Organised the Sikh Freedom Rally in Trafalguar Square.

* Became an umbrella organisation of the Sikh Council UK, to ensure that all UK based Sikh organisations speak with one voice.

* They have actively lobbied the UK government on issues such as the professor bhullar case, turban issue in airports, articles of faith issues etc etc

* They do not have a formal international setup (i.e. Sikh Federations are not based all over the world), however, they work with all the key players from Canada, America etc to form a more fluid international coalition i.e. why recreate the wheel when you can just work with organisations already up and running.

So my question are:-

* Do we really need the I.P.D, why not just join the Sikh Federation?

* Will you be working with the Sikh Federation on common causes or simply duplicating efforts?

* Will you be developing a good relationship with the Sikh Federation or has the I.P.D been set up in the UK as the members are individuals who do not get on with the Sikh Federation?

Sikh Federation are doing an unbelievably excellent job and with Maharaj's kirpa will continue to do so. They have an excellent track record. Unity is our strength. If IPD isn't really bring much new to the table maybe they should just let the sangat focus their support on one succesful body instead of diverting sangats attention.

Sikh Federation are doing an unbelievably excellent job and with Maharaj's kirpa will continue to do so. They have an excellent track record. Unity is our strength. If IPD isn't really bring much new to the table maybe they should just let the sangat focus their support on one succesful body instead of diverting sangats attention.

WATCH THE SPACE IN THE NEXT 7 DAYS

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE COMING FROM THE SIKH FEDERATION (UK)

[has the I.P.D been set up in the UK as the members are individuals who do not get on with the Sikh Federation?

From what i have seen of IPD reps on the Sikh TV Channels, this seem to be correct, i.e. Ragbir Singh from Walsall, was expelled from the SF UK, for misconduct behaviour, Balbir Singh Randawa (Huddersfield), was selected as an organiser in the SF UK Panel, but probably wanted to be Chairman and Kashmir Singh (Leicester), was a regular member, for a number of years, of the 5 member panel that is responsible for selecting the SFUK National Panel (executive), but has had a falling out with SF Leicester branch members.

Even if IPD have some youngsters leading it, the reality is that the people mentioned above will be the ones pulling the strings, as can be seen from reps of IPD on Sikh TV and press.

Would be good to get IPD to clarify all questions raised.

The Sikh Federation Uk have been in this space for a number of years already. From what I understand recently thay have:-

* Organised the Sikh Freedom Rally in Trafalguar Square.

* Became an umbrella organisation of the Sikh Council UK, to ensure that all UK based Sikh organisations speak with one voice.

* They have actively lobbied the UK government on issues such as the professor bhullar case, turban issue in airports, articles of faith issues etc etc

* They do not have a formal international setup (i.e. Sikh Federations are not based all over the world), however, they work with all the key players from Canada, America etc to form a more fluid international coalition i.e. why recreate the wheel when you can just work with organisations already up and running.

So my question are:-

* Do we really need the I.P.D, why not just join the Sikh Federation?

* Will you be working with the Sikh Federation on common causes or simply duplicating efforts?

* Will you be developing a good relationship with the Sikh Federation or has the I.P.D been set up in the UK as the members are individuals who do not get on with the Sikh Federation?

Please note all our jathebandis are doing their little bit and that is what it is, little bit, but look at who we collectively are up against and this needs a new way of thinking and a fresh approach on an international platform with a vital voice on the ground in Punjab and it is this alone which has led to a new generation of frustrated professionals coming together to contribute to the seva - hence for the formation of IPD. We know we can do so much but our current approaches are not achieving the penetration needed to be effective.

The work of IPD will be judged on quality and output and not on noise, platforms and numbers. 27 years is much too late, we all acknowledge this and if a fresh additional approach renders strong results then, is that something we should deter or encourage - i ask? Treat this as another battalion and yes the alignment is with names mentioned above but that will only put pressure on those on the ground in Punjab for results and if those don't render then they will be judged also. With Maharajs support and with the truth in IPDs sails this challenge which IPD has taken on will succeed. i would add, in IPD coming into being this has forced some to review themselves and expede their projects which i would say is a positive for the movement as a whole and in the eyes of IPD is a successful initial result in its self. The aim is one to take Maharajs message to all corners of the world as well as demonstrate that we can govern as Singhs. So let's focus our energies on projects and results for the better good of the Panth.

Apologies if i may have upset some but this was and will never be the intention - we are brothers in arms and please do recognise this. If not then we know where you are coming from and what ones agenda is.