Speaking Out Against Hate

cool water

Cool water, I dont know if you read my post on the other thread, if you didnt, THANK YOU for welcoming me on this site.

You seem like a good guy and I hope the majority of sikhs here are like you.

No matter if you get shouted down continue your sewa, as people like you show what sikhi is.

Avtar95 - thanks for the welcome

Paneer, If I can do anything to help ur cause let me know, thanks for your apology

I dont care what the HATERS say, hindus and sikhs are brothers and sisters. I will continue to give respect to both gurdwaras and MANDIRS, and just like the Hindu Punjabis and Hindu Tamils were protecting mandirs, last week, we were also looking out for gurdwaras.

Im not gonna let some of the haters on this site who HATE us Hindus, change my attiutude towards sikhs.

Peace, Jai MATA DI

you are welcome, we seem to have been taken over here by some extremists who are preaching a message that goes against Sikhi im trying to steer back the posts towards Sikhi that preaches a message of love, unity and peace but some here have you experienced are intent on being anti-sikh and letting indo -pak politics cloud their thinking and spirituality.

I find it weird when someone like me speaks out against hate and promote peace between communities I get attacked and my posts voted down yet if I was to join in bashing other communities I would get praised and voted up. What is going on here?

Mostly it's because, for the last few days, you haven't been talking against hate but for stupidity, and when people do not agree with your views you have been accusing them of being hindustani agents or other nonsense.

Here's the thing that you seemed to have missed: when the Sikh Panth is attacked on a daily basis by Muslims and Hindus, it is for Muslims and Hindus to act and then ask for unity. It is rank cowardice and completely, pathetically naive for Sikhs to beg for unity when such attacks are still happening.

Do you want unity with Muslims? Then ask them to stop grooming young women from ALL communities not just the Sikh one, tell them to stop protecting muslim paedophile gangs, tell them to stop spreading their hateful lies about our Gurus and about Sikhi, tell them to quit killing innocent people in the name of Islam, and tell them to abandon sharia, a law that is dicriminatory against non-muslims. Until that happens, there is no point in talking about unity because it is clear that muslims want no such thing.

Do you want unity with Hindus? Then let them bring to justice all those people who were responsible for the rapes, the killings and the pillaging of Sikh communities. Let them stop their Hindutva propaganda about Sikhs being a subset of hinduism, let them recognise in law the separateness of the Khalsa Panth, and let them not stand in the way of a separate Sikh state. Until that happens, talk of unity is nothing but a joke.

Until people like you realise that there can be no unity unless the other side has shown - in actions and not just words - that unity is something that they want, Sikhs will continue to be taken advantage of by other communities.

K.

I support a seperate Sikh nation state be it Khalistan or some other name. I have no loyality towards India because its an Indian Union created in 1947 at the expense of our people and other ethnic / religious groups who did not wish to be lumped in together and forced to work for a union against their interests.

However I will not allow politics of the past create hate between religious communities. I want a Khalistan where the rights, properties and lives of non-sikhs are just as vaulable as those of Sikhs. This is the Khalistan we should work towards if we are to still struggle for one, otherwise we can forget it as it will be useless when its not going to structuring it on Sikh principles. We can have a vatican style state if we want it only full of Sikhs. However if we want a bigger Khalistan it must be pularistic and allow all communities with a stake to be free to practise their religions and have a say in its government.

Mostly it's because, for the last few days, you haven't been talking against hate but for stupidity, and when people do not agree with your views you have been accusing them of being hindustani agents or other nonsense.

Here's the thing that you seemed to have missed: when the Sikh Panth is attacked on a daily basis by Muslims and Hindus, it is for Muslims and Hindus to act and then ask for unity. It is rank cowardice and completely, pathetically naive for Sikhs to beg for unity when such attacks are still happening.

Do you want unity with Muslims? Then ask them to stop grooming young women from ALL communities not just the Sikh one, tell them to stop protecting muslim paedophile gangs, tell them to stop spreading their hateful lies about our Gurus and about Sikhi, tell them to quit killing innocent people in the name of Islam, and tell them to abandon sharia, a law that is dicriminatory against non-muslims. Until that happens, there is no point in talking about unity because it is clear that muslims want no such thing.

Do you want unity with Hindus? Then let them bring to justice all those people who were responsible for the rapes, the killings and the pillaging of Sikh communities. Let them stop their Hindutva propaganda about Sikhs being a subset of hinduism, let them recognise in law the separateness of the Khalsa Panth, and let them not stand in the way of a separate Sikh state. Until that happens, talk of unity is nothing but a joke.

Until people like you realise that there can be no unity unless the other side has shown - in actions and not just words - that unity is something that they want, Sikhs will continue to be taken advantage of by other communities.

K.

It is not stupidity when I stand up against the venom and hate some members are preaching in their videos and posts here. What use is them talking about defending Sikhs when they are harming our image and creating a generation influenced on that hate.

As for other communities to apologise to us and bring justice to the wrongs they have done to us. The vast majority of Muslim Sikhs and Hindus respect each other and live side by side, it only takes a few rotten extremists who are so hate fuelled to bring everyone down into that spiral of negativity. I would rather defend a Hindu or a Muslim of good character than a Sikh who thinks being a thug and hating on others is cool. And similarly I would stand by a Sikh brother of good character against any hindu or muslim extremist. Everyone is human you cant judge an entire community for the wrongs of a few.

1. Having read some of your posts, West london Singh, you seem to hate Hindus but love muslims, - thats your choice and your entitled to it.

2. I havent asked anyone to celebrate IndIan independance, thats a CHOICE of every individual.

3. From your posts it seems you hate Hindus, you dont know me, you seem like an educated indiviual so why do you hate me?

4. Your telling me to LEAVE YOUR land? You live in the UK, not punjab. Anyways, I am HINDU PUNJABI, and can trace my roots ( through Jathereh, which is a family tree kept by pandits in Chintpoorni Punjab back 12 generations in Punjab, to long before Maharaj ranjit singh kingdom) where would you expect my family whose ancestors were living in the punjab, long before and durign the sikh gurus times, to go? my family have as much RIGHT to remain in Punjab as YOURS.

5. 40 per cent of punjab is Hindu Punjabi, 45 per cent Sikh, and 5 per cent Christian, we can and must TRY TO IMPROVE AND OUR PUNJAB AND LIVE IN PEACE.

6. You can hate on me and my great faith, but my religion teaches me not to hate. I hope one day you will realise that HINDUS are not occupying your land, HINDUS do NOT hate Sikhs and IT WAS NOT YOUR average HINDU killing sikhs in 1984. The killers were criminal scum bags brought from Yaadav gangs and let out of prisons and to kill anyone wearing a turban. I was 11 years old in 1984 and in Delhi and my family had 2 sikh families living in our house at the time, adn we helped them, They are like our own family to this day. I remember my dad daying that he didnt recognise hwo these people on the streets carrying out killings were? It was common knoweldge they were form out of town brought in trucks with weapons adn kerosine. THESE THUGS WERE HINDU, MUSLIM OR CHRISTIAN they were animals.

7. I dont care if you dOnt believe me, but the average HINDU that you hate, was on the streets of Delhi, saving hsi sikh brothers and sisters, otherwise a lot more would have died in those 2 days of rioting.

Hey Kalyug Singh,

I support the sikh campaign for justice Sajjan Kumar, Jagdish Singh Tytler and other Congress thugs.

What disgusts me is how some people here are hating on cool water for preaching peace and standing up against hate.

Why people here hate US HINDUS who have not done anything to you Sikhs. You war should be against the congress criminals of 1984, NOT 900,000,000 Hindus.

Why are people here wanting to aleinate millions of hindus or otherwise support the sikh fight for justice, albeit quietly like many sikhs too.

It is not stupidity when I stand up against the venom and hate some members are preaching in their videos and posts here. What use is them talking about defending Sikhs when they are harming our image and creating a generation influence on that hate.

This is where you are getting it wrong. Such posts don't create haters, they create awareness amongst Sikh youth which has been so lacking in the last few decades and hence the reason that things like grooming occur. The problem all along has been that the Mosques and the Pakistani families teach their kids the supremacist BS and that their religion is the best in the world. Gurdwaras and Sikh families are more likely to propagate a liberal version of Sikhism which is totally unsuited to the present environment. Look at the generations prior to ours, they had more awareness of what Muslims are like. You would probably call that hatred but read the Rehatnamas and see how well the writers knew but the Muslim mentality. Those Muslims of the 18th and 19th centuries were Wahabis or Salafis who are today scape goated as the 'bad' Muslims. The Muslims the rehatnamas talk about are the normal Muslims who if they follow the Quran and Sunnah of Mohammed invariably become similar to Nazis. The Sikh generation that lived through 1947 knows what Islam and Muslims are capable off and none would have a good word about both. It was their AWARENESS of Islam and Muslims that allowed them to survive through 1947 just as in the 18th and 19th centuries the Sikhs of that time survived through the ghallugharas. It is awareness not hatred.

I don't know what experience you have with Muslims but it seems that you see the world through rose tinted glasses which is never a good idea. Most of the posters on her who write the posts you like to describe as 'hate filled' base their posts around their experiences and I dare say they are older and have more experience than you.