Women In Panj-Piyare?

jhooldenishan

I agree with Harmeet. We all adopt Equality in the western sense. Saying men and women are different does not make them unequal. Saying women can't to seva of Panj does not make them inferior.

Are husband and wife the same? Are they equal? Most married people have different roles in their home. Similarly men and women have different roles in Sikhi. Does not mean anyone is inferior or seen as weak or UNEQUAL.

A Norwegian is different to a Greek. A Brummie is different to a cockney. But that doesn't give us a right to use that difference as a reason to practice inequality.

I go out and work. My wife goes out to work. My wife cooks the meals and cleans the house but most of the time it is me that cooks for the kids and cleans the house. My wife, coming from rural Punjab, has been in 100% more physical violent confrontations than I ever have. The differences you highlight are all superficial. Sikhi knows that. There is nothing a man can do in Sikhi that a woman can not do. The sooner you realise that the better.

You cleaning the house explains a lot about you.

No my friend. It probably tells us more about you.

The sikhi my parents brought me up with teaches us complete and utter equality. it is for that reason that no man in our house ever visits pubs...stays out at night...or drinks. We know that if we did all we would be doing is setting the wrong example for our sisters and daughters who would be within their rights to do exactly the same.

I find it hilarious that people manage to use Sikhi in a way that suppresses women. Sikhi is here to liberate women and show that they are equal to men, as well other kinds of equality by nullifying caste, class and any other kind of man made barrier designed to segregate people including amritdhari and non amritdhari. This is pure brahman vaad.

Most of this is pure baba-ism and not Sikhism. Iv heard it suggested by some gullible Sikhs, including women, that the reason that why some women have facial hair growing is because they are demanding their rights too much so akaal purakh is granting their wishes by giving them facial hair and turning them into men, hence they shouldnt demand their rights lol..

Listening to the fairy tales of certain babas and hiding behind certain dogmatic maryadas is nothing short of sexual discrimination. People should go back to simple tenets of Sikhi such as equality and use their own brain from there.

No my friend. It probably tells us more about you.

The sikhi my parents brought me up with teaches us complete and utter equality. it is for that reason that no man in our house ever visits pubs...stays out at night...or drinks. We know that if we did all we would be doing is setting the wrong example for our sisters and daughters who would be within their rights to do exactly the same.

No my friend what i meant was you are not capable of having a discussion. Instead you don't listen and carry on babling your rubbish. You select what you don't like and start going on about it. I posted alot more in my first post and you ignored it all.

It is very good you do household tasks equally with your wife. I commend you for this.

But that doesn't mean that a man who doesn't is treating his wife unequally. In some houses the woman does not work and instead she does housework. This does not make that house unequal. Or does it?

My friend sikhi is life. You don't leave it behind at the Gurdwara when you come home. Women give birth and men don't. That is a difference. So believe it or not in Sikhi men don't give birth. But it does not mean they are not equal.

Let me put it this way. Sikhi wasn't started because men were not doing the housework.

This has been discussed plenty of times on this forum, please use the search feature.

A quick search found me this thread

http://www.sikhsanga...2Bbibia+%2Bpanj

I would also like to add that the western concept of equality (which the current generation is aware of) is not necessarily the same in Gurmat.

I've seen this topic to have been discussed MANY times before on this forum and HDSH Veer Jee you have even directed us to a specific thread that discusses such questions ... Veer Jee, why haven't you closed this thread, instead the topic just continues to roll on with in most cases ridiculous replies and then the hate starts to develop ...

Seriously, there are more issues at hand that need our attention ... Humble benthee close this thread please.