Lost The Plot Sangat Tv

AKSANTALI

My apologies if this offends anyone, but I don't understand what the big deal is? I thought the riots brought the UK sikh and muslim communities together? And, the death of those 3 men was a big part of the riots for which Sangat TV got its fame worldwide. Isn't it just responsible journalism to do follow up reporting on those events? ie. report on the funerals. I don't think Sangat Tv should simply go back to broadcasting as normal after such a significant event that was the riots. Atleast for a few weeks there should be follow up reporting, and the promotion of more unity.

And who cares if muslim channels would do the same or not. When did we start comparing ourselves to others. Maybe that is the point, nobody else would do it, but our community will continue to display to the world the results of the riots and how and brought together communities.

Just my opinion.

My apologies if this offends anyone, but I don't understand what the big deal is? I thought the riots brought the UK sikh and muslim communities together? And, the death of those 3 men was a big part of the riots for which Sangat TV got its fame worldwide. Isn't it just responsible journalism to do follow up reporting on those events? ie. report on the funerals. I don't think Sangat Tv should simply go back to broadcasting as normal after such a significant event that was the riots. Atleast for a few weeks there should be follow up reporting, and the promotion of more unity.

And who cares if muslim channels would do the same or not. When did we start comparing ourselves to others. Maybe that is the point, nobody else would do it, but our community will continue to display to the world the results of the riots and how and brought together communities.

Just my opinion.

Its about perception and its about the reality of the situation on the "streets". Lets not kid ourselves, the Sikh and Muslim communities have not been brought together. The unity lasted for a few hours if that. After that, everyone went their own way. I don't understand the desire to keep flogging this dead horse and prolong the cessation of hostilities. Its like a desperate kid trying to seek approval from a parent. "Oh look at me daddy, I'm a good boy. Please love me". It makes us look weak. The "world" has moved on and does not care whether Sikhs and Muslims are chums or not. I suggest we do the same too.

Sarabhpanjab said :

Yo why don't you ask so called india's dharmic channel "astha tv" to do the same.. considering the Sikhs are responsible for any dharam being left in india.

at the moment they deliberately only show dehdhari pakhandis, dashan dass, narakdharis - that's how hindus thank the Shaheedi of Sri guru Teg Bahadhaur ji Maharaaj. Nice to know we're highly appreciated

-------------------------------------------

Listen Sarabh I dont know what you problem is with me? I been ignoring u but now ur begining to annoy me.

Obviously its the fact that Im Hindu. Dont go leaving me ur silly messages via PM, and then not give me the chance to PM an answer back.

If you got a problem with 900,000,000 million Hindus for the events of 1984, (which incidentally many Hindus especially Hindu punjabis like deplore, and condem), and were the fault of a Congress govtm lead by rajiv Ghandi and in essence politicians have no real religion or dharma DONT take it out on me.

pS : Its pretty SAD that your crying to me about Astha tv, if YOU dont like there TV content, have the vigour to complain to them.

Personally I think their programs are pretty good on the whole and prove there is DHARMA all over India, not just in Punjab.

I dont paaji paaji with people, I talk striaght and speak as a I feel, so if you dont like my posts cause im Hindu dont comment on them and vice versa.

PS : Dont go bringing Tegh Bahadur shaeedi into it, his shaheedi just liek that of many Hindus and Sikh mahapursh was for dharma, and without needing appreciation or thanks. Dont go belittling it by using it to take a shot at me.

( I edited this post because in hindsight it wouldnt have been right to insult sarabh back, as two wrongs dont make a right, and the post below is right).

Sarabh, I understand ur anger with respect to 1984, but trust me, not 1 Hindu I know applaudes it, infact we condemn it.

PEACE

I am quite taken aback by some of the closed minded attitudes by some of the people on this thread; and yet they have the cheek to complain when it is they who are victims of other peoples close mindedness.

What many of you fail to see here is that three innocent men have died as a result of the disgusting attitude of others during the recent riots. Forget the stupid use of mere labelling - they are human beings above everything else. So what if Sangat TV are broadcasting the funeral? Good for them! Sorry but some of you must have forgot the part where Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee said there is no Hindu or Muslim and that we are all one and that God is in everyone and everything. The funeral reminds the viewer of God does it not? So what if its Islamic-orientated? God has no religion. Whether the channel was spending this time on something sikhi orientated, its still "God-focused". Besides, this programme is a one off in memory of those poor men who lost their lives. Sangat TV is not bladdy broadcasting the Adhaan every morning instead of or alongside Nitnem baania, nor is it broadcasting regular muslim programmmes - only then I could begin to understand some of your criticisms.

The channel is doing the right thing. The producers or whoever, are being decent human beings who are paying respects to those innocently killed. The last time I checked, I didn't know Sikhs only cared for or remembered the death of "their own". Also, so what if muslim channels wouldn't do the same if it was a group of Sikhs who died? The attitude of "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" is not only childish, but it completely opposes the concept of sevaa.

For example, take the case of langar. Just because the church, synagogue, mandir or mosque don't serve langar like the gurdwarae do - it doesn't mean we will stop feeding people who belong to such.

Even if the muslim channels never ever acknowledge the Sikhs or any personal losses within the community, remember - two wrongs don't make a right.

Keep up the good work Sangat TV.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!