How Sikh Shaheeds Were Able To Bear So Much Torture Calmly

Some tortures beyond human threshold of suffering like

sawing alive ,

broking on a saw wheel ( charkhadiya te chade )

getting scalped ( Bha Taru Singh ji )

BOILING ALIVE ( Bhai Dayala ji )

and things like that

So , my questions are

1) Did it cause them physical pain ? If so , why they never expressed it outwardly by screaming or otherwise ?

2 ) If it did not cause them physical suffering , then why so ? Does it not indicate that human body can bear torture beyond what we think .. Also , isn't this like "mind controls the body " because presumably the shaheed sikhs had conquered over mind ( mann )

• 2 weeks later...

^ Is it just me that thinks that showing mutilated bodies of our highly respectable shaheeds is disrespectful?

You show the bodies of Shaheed bhai mati das, shaheed bhai taru singh and other puraatan shaheeds..but a picture of a modern singh in his shaheedi sarooop offends you??...when i see this picture it makes me strong and proud we still have soorme shaheed singhs in our era..and hopefully for many more generations to come

You show the bodies of Shaheed bhai mati das, shaheed bhai taru singh and other puraatan shaheeds..but a picture of a modern singh in his shaheedi sarooop offends you??...when i see this picture it makes me strong and proud we still have soorme shaheed singhs in our era..and hopefully for many more generations to come

ugh? so you want many more to die out of persecution?...

I hope we are not blessed with more shaheeds, but blessed with more god-orientated people living in a peaceful world. That is just a desire, everything is and will be in his will.

ugh? so you want many more to die out of persecution?...

I hope we are not blessed with more shaheeds, but blessed with more god-orientated people living in a peaceful world. That is just a desire, everything is and will be in his will.

There are some who die out of persecution, There are some who die because they step onto the path of Dharam Yudh and become Shaheed...Theres a Difference!!....There will always be victims in Kaljug,..and there will always be those few who fight in Dharam Yudh and yearn for Shahadat.....I Hope we are not blessed with more victims....But i Hope we have more Shaheed Singhs...all Shaheed singhs are Sachkhandvasi...only two types of beings enter Sachkhand and are honoured once they enter it...Sants and Shaheeds

If this picture offends you!....Then i want every picture of a Puraatan Shaheed removed...That includes Shaheed Mati Das...Shaheed Sati Das....Shaheed Baba Deep Singh...Shaheed Gurbax Singh....The Sahibzadee....Chaali Mukte...etc...Remove this?...Then Remove them all!

<br /><br /><br />

why do you make sachkhand sound like a heaven after death ? we all know from japujisahib it is state of mind

Because it is heaven...the heaven where the souls merges with the immortal eternal waheguru...dont caught up with names..a sikh heaven is sachkhand....shaheeds are applauded in the Court of the Lord....they get Liberation and merge with waheguru...forever being in eternal bliss...If you dont believe me...just read Sri Dasam Granth for the countless lines which state those who die for righteousness and dharma...are liberated and go to heaven

Guest Kluivert

This is very interesting, torture and how much the human body can take.

It's now been proven in science that a human body can shut down its pain barriers and carry on, these incidents have occurred not only in holy saints but also in many day to day people. For e.g . There was an incident in china where a person had a major operation without the need of pain suppressers; it is beloved to be about controlling and concentration within the body and diverting your thoughts away from the pain. In sports there has been incidents were sports person has occurred an injury and still carried on through the pain barrier e.g. Bernhard Carl "Bert" Trautmann, OBE (born 22 October 1923) is a German former professional footballer who played for Manchester City from 1949 to 1964. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bert_Trautmann ( read the following link for more info), In the 75th minute Trautmann, diving at an incoming ball, was knocked out in a collision with Birmingham's Peter Murphy in which he was hit in the neck by Murphy's right knee. No substitutes were permitted, so Trautmann, dazed and unsteady on his feet, carried on. For the remaining 15 minutes he defended his net, making a crucial interception to deny Murphy once more. Manchester City held on for the victory, and Trautmann was the hero of the final because of his spectacular saves in the last minutes of the match. His neck continued to cause him pain, and Prince Philip commented on its crooked state as he gave Trautmann his winner's medal.[34] Trautmann attended that evening's post-match banquet despite being unable to move his head,[35] and went to bed expecting the injury to heal with rest. As the pain did not recede, the following day he went to St George's Hospital, where he was told he merely had a crick in his neck which would go away.[36] Three days later, he got a second opinion from a doctor at Manchester Royal Infirmary. An X-ray revealed he had dislocated five vertebrae in his neck, the second of which was cracked in two.[36][37] The third vertebra had wedged against the second, preventing further damage which could have cost Trautmann his life.

So there are many examples where this has occurred and this not only limited to the Holy saints. You may get further examples on the net , just do search in google.