Wh Y Hair-Cut Is Not Allowed In Sikh Religion .........

SarabjeetS

This is a simple curious question ( mods , please allow this for God's sake ) : Why hair-cuts not allowed in sikh religion ?

I stay in mumbai and whenever I go out with my friends ( who all are moneh and clean-shaven ) , they ask me one thing :

"Sarabjeet , God has blessed you with such a cute looks and your fair and handsome , then why you spoil your looks with this beard and long hair ?"

I am not saying I want to cut my hair , but my only question is that all religions have allowed hair-cut , why in our sikhism it is not allowed ? thanks

the damm straight answer is that its HUKAM

Bro stop being a fanatic. Hukams are to be discarded and some made up theory on why we keep hair is to be accepted, but its not logical. Why are fanatics always goin on about Hukams. My science teacher says that hair isn't important as the inside of a person only counts. Beauty is on the inside not in hair. I love our Gurus and no one can say i don't, just because i don't keep hair. Who are you to judge me???????? I go to the Gurdwara every sunday and do ardas so God can bless me with a lot of materialistic stuff. I get sad at times when i see the hair on my face has become longer. I did ardas for a beautiful face, but God doesn't fullfill my ardas. I see all my moneh friends practice Sikhism every sunday and they get everything in life. Me on the other hand, don't get anything i want. Am i doing something wrong?

Okay i think thats enough of that.

But to answer the original posters question. Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj placed an order before his Sikhs. Some accept this Hukam with total satisfication. Some don't accept it at all and are in complete pain. Some accept it and are having a hard time keeping the Hukam. The latter two suffer because they are not satisified. How does a person become satisfied? By reading and contemplating over Gurbani with love and devotion.

One question. Has Satguru Sri Guru Gobind SIngh Sahib ji Maharaj ever refered to keeping hair as a beautiful thing in the worldly sense? The keeping of hair (Hukam) is always praised in the spiritual sense. Read Sri Anand Sahib da paat to see how Satguru praises his command.

Bro stop being a fanatic. Hukams are to be discarded and some made up theory on why we keep hair is to be accepted, but its not logical. Why are fanatics always goin on about Hukams. My science teacher says that hair isn't important as the inside of a person only counts. Beauty is on the inside not in hair. I love our Gurus and no one can say i don't, just because i don't keep hair. Who are you to judge me???????? I go to the Gurdwara every sunday and do ardas so God can bless me with a lot of materialistic stuff. I get sad at times when i see the hair on my face has become longer. I did ardas for a beautiful face, but God doesn't fullfill my ardas. I see all my moneh friends practice Sikhism every sunday and they get everything in life. Me on the other hand, don't get anything i want. Am i doing something wrong?

sarcastic skills LOL

This is a simple curious question ( mods , please allow this for God's sake ) : Why hair-cuts not allowed in sikh religion ?

I stay in mumbai and whenever I go out with my friends ( who all are moneh and clean-shaven ) , they ask me one thing :

"Sarabjeet , God has blessed you with such a cute looks and your fair and handsome , then why you spoil your looks with this beard and long hair ?"

I am not saying I want to cut my hair , but my only question is that all religions have allowed hair-cut , why in our sikhism it is not allowed ? thanks

The answers to your questions are very simple, the real question is do you want to hear them or are you just asking the questions for the sake of asking?

First answer:

You could have said,"Friend, God has also blessed me with hair"

Second Answer:

Find me a religion that does not have ceratin things disallowed and I will give you the answer from Sikhi pov.