Sikhtv Channel 848, Doesn’T Exist

Gurooo

there is a huge risk with having one channel where sangats money has been poured in.

Imagine it gets taken over, or people get bought out or sell-out to certain parties, individuals, agents, rss.. etc etc..

These things happen very often in gurdwara managements, its a huge risk ploughing all our resources and money into one channel.

Davy Bal.. can you guarantee his long-term loyalty to the panth?

Knock knock.. morning mr bal.. i have been sent over from india, please do not mention these things (khalistan, human rights.. etc etc) on your channel, and do not invite these people on your channel, and here's £££'s for your troubles.

katchies in dehli are watching everything that goes on here, they will have their eyes on the channels.

Media is by far the biggest tool we have for parchar... We cannot risk having all our eggs in one basket.

And if a channel gets too powerful, and THEN starts avoiding certain topics, covering up certain things.. then how you going to close it down?? things we need to think about.

I think more channels the merrier..

Daas also has to agree that SikhTv is the weakest channel out of the three. No live broadcasts, no studio, not even an appeal to protect gurdwareh during the riots.

But personally i would rather have 2 channels and not just one. But there should be no competition between the two. And they should work TOGETHER!

And another reason for two channels is, if one shows a discussion and the other shows kirtan, then everybody would be happy. Because if we have only one channel and there is a discussion, which somebody doesn't want to watch, what other channel can they watch?

This will only work if both channels work side by side.

What do you think?

Any improvements expected? Or do we have to go through a weeks of kabadi repeats!

LOL

More channels will lack funding, I read what your saying but from what I have seen nearly all 3 channels have been showing some anti Sikh programmes do we really need more channels that the sangat won't even watch? Waste of money. This will create greed and more people to copy and set up. We should focus upon what we have and how we can improve it that's why the channel is going off air even Sikh channel maybe the wider Sikh community would rather drop direct debits because they are not agreeing with whats going on in the channels.

When Sikhism began Guru Nanak didn't need any media to promote Sikhism. A channel can be good but if the people behind aren't good and don't have Sikh interests at heart then obviously we are going to have a problem regardless of having one channel or numerous channels.

We already have other types of media to spread sikh news such as panthic.org YouTube for videos, this forum. Most of the time the channels are not meeting the needs of the Sikh community by promoting anti Sikh stuff, bringing in people who don't have a interest in Sikhism at all.

Lack of direct debits, the channel going off air (Sikh channel and Sikh tv) shows it all, tells it all.

Plus the repeats are not good, showing the same stuff over again espcially the kabaddi programme how boring is that?Zzzzzzzzzz.