Khalistan Flag

samrat

PanthicNet_NishaanSahib.png

This was the original flag. Under Ranjit Singh's rule a lot of hindu stuff happened, so it's best to use the flag above as the flag of the Khalsa.

ggs5.jpg

empire_37.jpg

The colors are off, but the overall theme is correct. The colors of the Khalsa are: white, blue (royal/navy), saag flower (yellow, pictured bellow).

2416861458_2fe4474307.jpg

The flag was changed under Maharaja Ranjit Singh:

4735606208_efde3dd340.jpg

I heard it was red and green. Or had a lion on a golden background. I'm not sure to be honest.

The problem with using Maharajah Ranjit's old flag is that it would represent a country that was not ruled by his successor. Unless you can find one of his descendants then we need a 'Republican' flag as Khalistan will be a secular democracy.

http://www.sikhsanga...ttle-standards/

I heard it was red and green. Or had a lion on a golden background. I'm not sure to be honest.

The problem with using Maharajah Ranjit's old flag is that it would represent a country that was not ruled by his successor. Unless you can find one of his descendants then we need a 'Republican' flag as Khalistan will be a secular democracy.

I don't think the colors that the hindu and mughal armies wore would have been adorned by the Khalsa Fauj for practical reasons. Old maryadas also say not to wear these colors for these very reasons.

I don't think the colors that the hindu and mughal armies wore would have been adorned by the Khalsa Fauj for practical reasons. Old maryadas also say not to wear these colors for these very reasons.

I know what you mean but it's what I've heard was Maharajah Ranjit Singh's personal flag asked about in the OP. Something like in the second large picture you posted in post 2.

I know what you mean but it's what I've heard was Maharajah Ranjit Singh's personal flag asked about in the OP. Something like in the second large picture you posted in post 2.

I see, i did not know that. It might be dogra/mahang influence in terms of colors. I don't think the second picture was the original colors, the artists sometimes have their own imagination when they make pictures.

For the flag, even at Gurudwaras, i think it should be like the ones in the paintings compiled by Freed paji as that is the original Khalsa Nishaan Sahib.