Biggest Threat To

Big_Tera

Cool.

At least I am doing something, what is so Controversial about learning how to recite the Jap-Ji??

Please explain??

What is so controversial about giving 'Girls' an opportunity to talk to other girls???

You guys get alot more learning opportunities then women, and opportunities to go out.

You know for a fact my opposition (which isn't as apparent as you believe as I was presenting the hypothetical opposite side of the argument) isn't against Jap-Ji Sahib. To suggest so is completely wrong and quite mischievous.

Anyway my original point was that I would be concerned about the quality of female involved in such an initiative. Are they going to teach my "daughter" according to Sikhi or will they bring their personal prejudices - valid or not - into the situation and attempt to influence impressionable young girls at an equally impressionable age?

Who knows whether this group will descend into a weekly Sikh men-bashing society, and in an ironic way the original intention to help young Sikh girls will have been subverted as they'll be bombarded with tales of how Sikh men are an intolerant and sexist bunch, as such some of these girls might go in the opposition direction and never want to associate with Sikh guys (hence marry one in the future)!

So you see how delicate this situation is. Like I said my issue isn't with the Gurbani / Naam-Simran aspect of a possible Sikh female group, but more with those other conversations that will follow.

Do you understand my point?

Have faith brother.

Why don't you help me decide the agenda for the talks, what would you like your daughter to be discussing, or not?

If people have problems then they should also feel free to talk to someone about them, as well, I will listen. Gosh I am professional.

I have to go now, I have a meeting to go too. Please decide on the agenda, sensibly, thank you.

Have faith brother.

Why don't you help me decide the agenda for the talks, what would you like your daughter to be discussing, or not?

If people have problems then they should also feel free to talk to someone about them, as well, I will listen. Gosh I am professional.

I have to go now, I have a meeting to go too. Please decide on the agenda, sensibly, thank you.

I haven't got a daughter hence the quotation marks. I'm not even married. :lol2:

Like I said I was trying to place myself in the mind-frame of those who have young children. I haven't got a clue what kind of things would be acceptable to tell young Sikh girls without scaring them away.

If I was being myself I'd say "Sort your heads out. If I ever find out you're messing around with boys I'll come after you". So you see I'm not much help in the practical nature of things. :biggrin2:

Biggest threat is our own mind. The way we show that "I know better than you" attitude is just disgusting pure ego of a person. Picking up fight with random people over small disagreement is the sad sight of today's youth. There are hundreds of thousands of better +ve ways to express our-self and that alone can help us bring a bit of unity rather than more fights. Try to have an attitude of "Agree to Disagree" respectfully.

Our own mind is biggest threat to sikh kaum.

The biggest threat to Sikhism is not the lack of girls in the community, due to female foeticide.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji clearly made it a demand that no female foeticide should be practised in the Sikh Community, any Sikh doing so will be excommunicated. But no other religion other than Sikhi has the highest rate of female foeticide and you have the situation we are in today, many Sikh boys with a fewer Sikh girls. I saw a matrimonial poster in some Gurdwara the ratio of available males was far smaller to the ratio of females. I can also obtain more reliable census data, other than observation, when the census data comes out, we will see the same trend.

Rather than battling with the issues whatever way we can and fighting like true warriors aganist this practise, we are blaming the victims??

There are NO WARRIORS including all the new fancy martial art stuff, unless you fight for a CAUSE, if you wear a Kirpan then fight for this injustice. Like Guru Gobind SIngh Ji did, he fought against inequalities and injustice, not against victims but against those causing injustices and in this case it is happening within our own community.

My absolutely last post, no apologises offering in this case.

Although I know apneean can be disgraceful, we shouldn't ignore the fact that so many Amritdhari Singhs are emasculated pupoos these days either. If the girls need a wake up call, so do plenty of brothers.

Although I know apneean can be disgraceful, we shouldn't ignore the fact that so many Amritdhari Singhs are emasculated pupoos these days either. If the girls need a wake up call, so do plenty of brothers.

I don't see the attraction of trying to recreate what I call the "Friends" dynamic, i.e. the close-knit, mixed-sex scenario from the American sitcom of the mid-90s. :biggrin2:

I've seen so many fellow Singhs in these kind of situations. By all means remain on cordial terms with members of the opposite sex. Exchange a few pleasantries, etc., but don't become an honorary "sister", lol.

:biggrin2:

I've seen so many fellow Singhs in these kind of situations. By all means remain on cordial terms with members of the opposite sex. Exchange a few pleasantries, etc., but don't become an honorary "sister", lol.

I hear that!

I've seen so many do that. Our guys used to be proper masculine warriors, nowerdays they seem to struggle with it in the 21st century. Can't blame them in one respect, if they act like typical male Panjabis they are 'Neanderthal cavemen' if they try to be more sensitive they become the honorary 'paan ji' you speak of.

Tough times.

A guy knows he is a 'paan ji' when the girl goes, "your so cool, I can talk to you about ANYTHING, you're like one of my girlfriends......." :wow: